Windows 10: Strange Lag Problem on Tabletop Sim

Discus and support Strange Lag Problem on Tabletop Sim in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; First off, this only started today, and no settings were changed across the app prior to this. I've been trying to play games with a person over the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Upperdash, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Strange Lag Problem on Tabletop Sim

First off, this only started today, and no settings were changed across the app prior to this.

I've been trying to play games with a person over the network om tts today, and while it usually ran fine- medium preset with vsync, today their end was exceptionally laggy, for no clear reason. It occurred in both singleplayer and multiplayer, and both if i invited them and if they invited me to a server.

Changing the preferred graphics card in nvidia's settings (they have a 1660 ti and the usual integrated) to their dedicated card made it somehow worse, and updating the drivers, which were out of date, did nothing.

The only thing that slightly helped was closing some apps, freeing a couple hundred mb of ram. Nothing else in the task manager was using a lot of processing power, either, the only running programs were just system tasks and steam itself.

Strangely enough, when i joined their computer with parsec, it completely fixed the lag, even if i wasn't doing anything on the screen. Their wifi was running very poorly, less than a 1mb download speed when downloading the drivers, but if anything parsec should make that worse, not better.

Any idea what this could be or how to fix it?

submitted by /u/Upperdash
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Upperdash, Aug 11, 2020
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Aug 11, 2020
  3. Sambat Win User
    Strange boot problem

I am trying to get my head round the 6 steps above before having a go. If you can expand on them it may give me a bit more confidence. I cant lose the whole contents of my PC.
    Have attached details as you suggested.

Strange Lag Problem on Tabletop Sim [​IMG]

Sambat, Aug 11, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Strange Lag Problem on Tabletop Sim

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

Strange Lag Problem on Tabletop Sim

1. Strange Lag Problem on Tabletop Sim - Similar Threads - Strange Lag Problem

2. Strange problem. Lenova C940 Adapter plugged in = LAG/DC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange problem. Lenova C940 Adapter plugged in = LAG/DC: Hello,I hope someone has insight into what is causing this issue and how to resolve it.I have tried all possible troubleshooting steps.The problem:It began approximately two weeks ago while playing a game.The game started lagging and disconnected me from the internet.This...
  3. Strange problem. Lenova C940 Adapter plugged in = LAG/DC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange problem. Lenova C940 Adapter plugged in = LAG/DC: Hello,I hope someone has insight into what is causing this issue and how to resolve it.I have tried all possible troubleshooting steps.The problem:It began approximately two weeks ago while playing a game.The game started lagging and disconnected me from the internet.This...
  4. Sim connection problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sim connection problem: Sim connection not available on my Hp elitebook x360 1030 G2 window 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sim-connection-problem/61806247-50aa-45ba-b8a5-72390d08a020
  5. Sim connection problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sim connection problem: Sim connection not available on my Hp elitebook x360 1030 G2 window 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sim-connection-problem/61806247-50aa-45ba-b8a5-72390d08a020
  6. Strange Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange Problem: The strangest thing just happened, I was trying to go into a zoom meeting but every time I clicked on the link, I got a download instead of new window to take me to the meeting. A moment later, I tried to copy the zoom link only to realize that the keyboard had stopped...
  7. Strange lag when maximised

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange lag when maximised: Whenever an application is maximized, it lags strangely. The scrolling is laggy especially. I got a beefy computer so this definitely should not be the case. submitted by /u/Thee_Mooch [link] [comments]...
  8. THIS PC on my Tabletop PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    THIS PC on my Tabletop PC: I have a Windows 7 PC that has been updated with Windows 10 Professional, Now when I go to task bar and place mouse pointer over the THIS PC icon it will show a real small picture of the THIS PC page but when you click on the THIS PC icon it disappears and will not open, I...
  9. sim problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sim problem: hi my name is skhumbuzon can you please help me with my HP 4530s using windows 10 pro I wish to use sim card on my laptop I see a sim slot but when I put sim nothing happening am blond when its comes to computers please help...
  10. Sims Medieval problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sims Medieval problems: I just tried to install the Sims Medieval game, that I was unable to utilize on my mac, on my Windows 10 os. I was not aware of the compatibility issue. Now all I have is a black screen. Can you help me get my computer functioning again?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tabletop simulator lagging my computer