Windows 10: Strange lag when maximised

Discus and support Strange lag when maximised in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Whenever an application is maximized, it lags strangely. The scrolling is laggy especially. I got a beefy computer so this definitely should not be the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Thee_Mooch, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Strange lag when maximised

Whenever an application is maximized, it lags strangely. The scrolling is laggy especially. I got a beefy computer so this definitely should not be the case.

submitted by /u/Thee_Mooch
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Thee_Mooch, Sep 3, 2020

2. Laggy Maximising Animations For Many Apps

Hey!

Thanks for the quick reply. I used the troubleshooter and the problem is definitely smaller now. Some of the apps that had laggy animations are working fairly smoothly (though recently some started lagging again, I am not sure why) but there are still at
    least a few programs that do lag quite a bit while maximising or minimising. So we can't really consider this issue resolved. Any other suggestions?

Patryk Michalik, Sep 3, 2020
  3. Jose Est Win User
    Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Sep 3, 2020
  4. sam4673 Win User

Strange lag when maximised

Maximise/Minimising windows is not working.

Hi all,

I have a problem with my Win10 laptop and the best way to describe it (i think!), is that the minimise/maximising of windows is not behaving as expected.
    For example: sometimes I am unable to maximise a window properly, it seems to maximise, but not come to the front of the open windows. so if I have a browser open, and try to maximise MsWord, the word window maximises, but sits behind the browser so I then have to minimise the browser.
    ALSO sometimes even this doesn't work as for some reason a window will change its position to off the screen so the only way to maximise it (without ending the program and re-starting), is to hover over the taskbar icon, right click the needed window and hit maximise.

I find this extremely frustrating as the simplest task (switching between windows) is a massive hassle.

If anyone has any suggestions of possible fixes or has had the same problem please get in contact! At this point it'd be nice to know i'm not the only person with this issue!

Cheers,
    Sam

sam4673, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

Strange lag when maximised

1. Strange lag when maximised - Similar Threads - Strange lag maximised

2. Issues when trying to maximise a window on a second monitor.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues when trying to maximise a window on a second monitor.: I used to be able to drag a window over to the second monitor, then double click on the top of that window to maximise it. Now when I do this it brings the window back over to the primary monitor and maximises over there. How to resolve? Thanks....
  3. Issues when trying to maximise a window on a second monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues when trying to maximise a window on a second monitor.: I used to be able to drag a window over to the second monitor, then double click on the top of that window to maximise it. Now when I do this it brings the window back over to the primary monitor and maximises over there. How to resolve? Thanks....
  4. Strange screen/apps/mouse lag?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange screen/apps/mouse lag?: I've searched a lot around various help forums but I can't seem to find anyone who has this same problem. When switching between apps on my laptop Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 the screen takes a moment to catch up with what I'm doing - it seems partially frozen until I move my cursor...
  5. Problems with maximising a application.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with maximising a application.: This just started to happen to me but a app isn't maximising no matter what I do, I'm not in Tablet Mode and tried restoring it, trying to size it by using the edges, but that doesn't work and I tried to use the keys on my keyboard to try and maximise it and it doesn't work....
  6. Strange Lag Problem on Tabletop Sim

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange Lag Problem on Tabletop Sim: First off, this only started today, and no settings were changed across the app prior to this. I've been trying to play games with a person over the network om tts today, and while it usually ran fine- medium preset with vsync, today their end was exceptionally laggy, for no...
  7. Maximising the WIndows security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Maximising the WIndows security: Hi, To maximise our security online etc. against all kind of malwares, is updating the windows and having windows defender enough or should we go for an antivirus paid one? ANd if we buy an antivirus which serve both as antimalware too, do we need to update windows too or...
  8. programs are not maximising

in Windows 10 Customization
    programs are not maximising: I have pinned some programs to my Windows 10 taskbar. I do not have any problems with almost all these programs except for Steam because I cannot maximize it. What is the fix? Do I have to reinstall it?...
  9. Strange 'lag'/frameskip while in and out of games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange 'lag'/frameskip while in and out of games: Hey everyone, I'm not entirely sure if this is the correct forum location for my issue, so if this post needs to be moved feel free. I've had my computer for about a year now, and I've had almost no problems with it. It is a custom built rig, nice stats, Windows 10....
  10. Strange Minimise/Maximise Animations

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange Minimise/Maximise Animations: Hey guys, Something really weird is happening ever since I upgraded (which is a few days ago). Every window, if opened brand new, minimises with the correct animation (the window would fade and minimise to its button on the taskbar). But if I maximise it, the animation...