Windows 10: Strange LAN speed behaviour

Discus and support Strange LAN speed behaviour in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I currently have 3 computers with windows 10 installed (2 laptops and 1 desktop) and I have a contract for Gigabit internet (1000 down/200 up). On the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/magub19, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Strange LAN speed behaviour

I currently have 3 computers with windows 10 installed (2 laptops and 1 desktop) and I have a contract for Gigabit internet (1000 down/200 up). On the two laptops, using a LAN connection, speed is just fine at around 850/900 mbit/s. My desktop pc is a whole other story

For some programs, for example while using Opera Browser, I can download files at 300/400 mbit/s, and I get 100 down/40 up

In contrast, while downloading FS 2020 I can only get to 14 mbit/s and it is taking forever, and doing multiple Speedtests with the official windows app I only get 40 down/50 up.

I have checked if the problem was related to a bad wiring, by running test with my laptops connected to the same LAN cable of my desktop, and speeds remained high,

Most importantly I've installed Linux Mint on a usb flash drive to do a test using another OS, and I reached speeds of 900/950 mbit/s.
    So the problem is only related to this particular install of windows 10.
    I've checked if I had the correct drivers for my motherboard's network interface, and they were.
    I also checked that internet speed wasn't capped by any external program of any kind, and I couldn't find any potential problems.

At this point i don't know what else to try...

(for Speedtest.net I made sure to be connected to the same server for every test)

submitted by /u/magub19
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/magub19, Aug 18, 2020

2. E8600 strange behaviour

go into your bio's and disable speed step

BarbaricSoul, Aug 26, 2020
  3. lukankata Win User
    E8600 strange behaviour

Won't disabling speed step make it always be at 4GHz?

lukankata, Aug 26, 2020
  4. Strange LAN speed behaviour

E8600 strange behaviour

that's what speed step does

BarbaricSoul, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

Strange LAN speed behaviour

1. Strange LAN speed behaviour - Similar Threads - Strange LAN speed

2. Strange graphics card behaviour

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange graphics card behaviour: I recently changed my case and since then I have been having issues with my graphics card...specifically that after the bios boot screen I get a 'No signal' message on my TV. I have an RTX 2070 Super. I tried uninstalling the drivers and then I could boot into windows on...
  3. Strange LAN speed behaviour

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange LAN speed behaviour: I currently have 3 computers with windows 10 installed (2 laptops and 1 desktop) and I have a contract for Gigabit internet (1000 down/200 up). On the two laptops, using a LAN connection, speed is just fine at around 850/900 mbit/s. My desktop pc is a whole other story For...
  4. Strange behaviour

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange behaviour: I hope someone can point me in the right direction. I have a very strange thing happening with my computer. My monitor will just all of a sudden go black, then a message saying "no signal". My computer does no power down or restart, but at the same time I can do nothing with...
  5. Skype's strange behaviour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype's strange behaviour: Win 10 Pro now ver 1909 build 18363.720 I have used Skype over different OS and got the latest version when I installed 10 over a year ago. It didn't work well as an App, so I adopted the Desktop version when prompted a few months later. Since then it has been working OK but...
  6. Store update strange behaviour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Store update strange behaviour: So a little earlier I did my usual routine of boot pc and open store app. I always manually check for updates to apps. One come up for store app itself. I clicked update but rather than do its normal close the store app and re launch on completion store app stayed open. In...
  7. Strange update behaviour

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Strange update behaviour: I have two PC's, my wife's and my own, both upgraded on line from 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. The only difference is that my wife's PC is 32-bit and mine is 64-bit. Yesterday, my wife called me to say that something strange happened when she booted her PC and that it was now...
  8. Strange signin behaviour

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Strange signin behaviour: I changed my Windows signin to a 4 digit login, which works fine.... today i I noticed there were two signin options for my user account , exactly the same name, plus one other I have for a family member. i chose one of ' my' accounts and it asked for a password, I tried...
  9. Strange IP Behaviour

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange IP Behaviour: I live in Kolkata and use a Wishnet Unlimited Plan from my LCO - Tariff : Wish Net Private Limited : Best Broadband in Kolkta for the past few days whenever I try to access a few sites, I have to pass the cloudflare security check " One more step Please complete the...
  10. Strange behaviour on installation?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Strange behaviour on installation?: Hi, I have started installation/upgrade from Windows 8.1 to 10 on my sisters laptop. She have the same MS account on the second gaming computer. The strange things that happend is that the gaming computer just got Windows 10 too, she had 8.1 and yes of course I wanted to...