Windows 10: Strange laptop activity

Discus and support Strange laptop activity in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Last night while I was asleep, my laptop, which was closed, announced that if I attempted my password again I would be locked out. Or something along... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AliBlu, Sep 9, 2019.

1. AliBlu Win User

Strange laptop activity

Last night while I was asleep, my laptop, which was closed, announced that if I attempted my password again I would be locked out. Or something along those lines (I was mostly asleep). I woke to the recovery password screen. I recently changed my admin password and I have woken up to this screen several times this past month but sorta chalked it off as my boyfriend. However, he was asleep next to me when i experienced this last night. Any thoughts on what could be happening?

:)

AliBlu, Sep 9, 2019
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Sep 9, 2019
  3. Odys Win User
    Computer freezes for a few seconds, strange disk activity

From time to time, around once in two days, the computer freezes for around 5 or 10 seconds.

During that time, I can move the mouse but thats it. No application interaction and no keyboard response.

While investigating this, I noticed the following behavior in the task manager. The ssd seems to behaving in a weird way. 100% active with zero data transfers.

Strange laptop activity PSA3Z.png

Zero read/write and 100% active. This is odd to me.

To further investigate the issue I used the SSDlife utility but the results suggest that the disk is healthy.

Strange laptop activity vFVDi.png

Some notes that might help:

• No devices connected to the laptop
    • Laptop touchpad and bluetooth also disabled
    • Only a usb mouse connected
    • No camera, sound or other devices used during that time
    • No other strange laptop behavior

What can cause such a behavior or how can I further investigate the issue?

Odys, Sep 9, 2019
  4. Strange laptop activity

Laptop overclocking adventures

hey guys I'm trying to get clockgen to work on my laptop but can't get any of the plls to work, can you please post like exactly what steps I need to take to test each pll to see if it works? my specs are listed to the left
    thanks!

nflesher87, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

Strange laptop activity

1. Strange laptop activity - Similar Threads - Strange laptop activity

2. A strange, convoluted activation question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A strange, convoluted activation question: About 5 months ago I purchased a PC with Win 10 Pro. I activated it with no issues. A few weeks ago it developed a serious problem, and I returned it under warranty. The seller refunded my money, deciding the machine wasn't repairable. I purchased another PC, this one with...
  3. Strange chrome activity.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange chrome activity.: I am having trouble with google on my windows and I really don't know where to go or ask.This is what I've been seeing everytime I've searched something up. Also the top bookmarks bar increased in size despite the fact I didn't change any settings or have any extensions....
  4. Strange chrome activity.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange chrome activity.: I am having trouble with google on my windows and I really don't know where to go or ask.This is what I've been seeing everytime I've searched something up. Also the top bookmarks bar increased in size despite the fact I didn't change any settings or have any extensions....
  5. Strange chrome activity.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. identified strange activity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    identified strange activity: Does Windows send out "... identified strange activity" notices as pop-ups? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/identified-strange-activity/5ddbcb6f-68b6-4cb5-9dd6-9900fcc1a6a6
  7. Strange activity

Strange activity: Good day there is a strange activity on my computer. I can’t work with my applications because the calculations are constantly breaking or the folders on the computer are rearranged or the working files in the programs that I use are replaced. Could you tell me who was...
  8. Strange laptop behavior...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Strange laptop behavior...: Lately my laptop has been acting very strange. Sometimes when I log in or restart my laptop when it opens the desktop background is the default, and I'm not logged into chrome. It is like I'm opening a new laptop. The files and music I download is gone and the games I have...
  9. Strange activity happening on the computer.

Strange activity happening on the computer.: I have begun to notice something odd going on with a computer I use for work. It seems when creating a new folder there will sometimes be folders automatically created within that have incomprehensible names and impossible modification dates (see picture for reference). I am...
  10. Strange activation issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Strange activation issue: Hello I had just purchased a used Motherboard on E bay and in order to test it out before using in a new PC I set up a temporary system on the bench with a clean Hard drive and installed Windows 10 pro (1809) from a MS download ISO from a bootable USB stick. It all went well...