Windows 10: Strange Line when Cursor changes from Pointer to Text Select - 4k Display (Dell U2718Q) on...

Discus and support Strange Line when Cursor changes from Pointer to Text Select - 4k Display (Dell U2718Q) on... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, Please see attached image. This appears to only happen in a web browser (IE, Edge, Firefox, doesn't matter, they all do it). When the mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cyntacks, Dec 4, 2019.

1. cyntacks Win User

Strange Line when Cursor changes from Pointer to Text Select - 4k Display (Dell U2718Q) on...

Hi,

Please see attached image. This appears to only happen in a web browser (IE, Edge, Firefox, doesn't matter, they all do it). When the mouse transitions from the "arrow pointer" to the "text select" cursor, a strange black line appears under the cursor.

As one can see in the below image, the line is associated with the cursor, and NOT the text (e.g. this is NOT related to hyperlinks). This only occurs when using the 4k Display plugged-in via the Surface Dock using. It happen with an external mouse OR track pad.

My Setup:

Surface Laptop 13 inch, 16GB or RAM and 512 SSD.

Surface Dock

Mouse or Trackpad (Logitech G403, G703, Generic Microsoft USB mouse, plugged int via USB port OR surface dock)

Dell U27Q18 4k display over displayport

Drivers for mice, trackpads, and Dell U27Q18 have been uninstalled and reinstalled.

Picture

Strange Line when Cursor changes from Pointer to Text Select - 4k Display (Dell U2718Q) on... [​IMG]

:)

cyntacks, Dec 4, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Vertical lines behind text cursor. HELP!

Hi,

It is possible that the vertical lines behind text cursor that you see, is can be due to corruptions. To better isolate your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• Is there a way for you to provide us a screenshot?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the Meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article by clicking on this

link
    . It will let you scan for corruptions and restore corrupted files.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Dec 4, 2019
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
  4. shuggans Win User

Strange Line when Cursor changes from Pointer to Text Select - 4k Display (Dell U2718Q) on...

vb.net select text from active cursor point in different window

hello all - working on a dictation application and looking for some guidance as far as selecting text from a cursor point in a window outside of the applications form. I'll clarify a bit: The application types at the current cursor point using sendkeys() as you speak.. and I'm trying to handle commands such as "select word" which should select the word to the right of the current cursor point. I know how to handle selecting text within an application, but am looking to be pointed in the right direction for information on selecting text from say microsoft word etc. but keep in mind the goal for the application is to be universal for use within any EMR, word processor, web browser etc.

Thanks for any assistance!

shuggans

shuggans, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Strange Line when Cursor changes from Pointer to Text Select - 4k Display (Dell U2718Q) on... - Similar Threads - Strange Line Cursor

2. Mouse pointer changes to Text Select when hovering over task bar in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer changes to Text Select when hovering over task bar in Windows 11: Recently my mouse pointer has started to show the Text Select I-beam icon when hovering the mouse over anything on the Taskbar. The mouse pointer is an arrow anywhere else on the screen. I can't find a setting that controls how the mouse pointer looks when hovering over the...
  3. Mouse pointer changes to Text Select when hovering over task bar in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse pointer changes to Text Select when hovering over task bar in Windows 11: Recently my mouse pointer has started to show the Text Select I-beam icon when hovering the mouse over anything on the Taskbar. The mouse pointer is an arrow anywhere else on the screen. I can't find a setting that controls how the mouse pointer looks when hovering over the...
  4. Changing Color of Selected Text Highlighter in Windows 11 Not Cursor or Text Itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Color of Selected Text Highlighter in Windows 11 Not Cursor or Text Itself: I am in Dark Mode. Windows 11. I want to make the Selected Text Highlighter black again. Like older versions of Windows. I am not talking about changing the color of the text itself. I am not talking about changing the color of the curser. I am talking about changing the...
  5. Changing Color of Selected Text Highlighter in Windows 11 Not Cursor or Text Itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Color of Selected Text Highlighter in Windows 11 Not Cursor or Text Itself: I am in Dark Mode. Windows 11. I want to make the Selected Text Highlighter black again. Like older versions of Windows. I am not talking about changing the color of the text itself. I am not talking about changing the color of the curser. I am talking about changing the...
  6. Cursor changes from pointer to a hand

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor changes from pointer to a hand: The cursor changes from pointer to hand on some aps and locations on screen. Is there a way to prevent this from happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-changes-from-pointer-to-a-hand/ff27d6b8-92c0-402f-aa3f-88c6a6388bf9
  7. Cursor selecting taskbar as if it was text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cursor selecting taskbar as if it was text: Hello, I have encountered a strange problem. When I move to the taskbar, the cursor was an I-beam! This was caused by program crashes. Can you give me a solution to fix it?...
  8. Cursor changed in a strange way

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cursor changed in a strange way: [ATTACH] Every time I click on an input column it turns in to a purple hourglass-like thing. What's happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-changed-in-a-strange-way/5464545f-efb1-4d39-8dfd-b83e440323aa
  9. Strange text in display settings.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange text in display settings.: [ATTACH] I see what looks like strange i18N text in my Display Settings....it doesn't show actual values just these odd texts. Anyone seen this before? After a quick search, I couldn't seem to find anyone with same issue....
  10. Text selection followed by right cursor - changed behaviour in 1809

in Windows 10 Support
    Text selection followed by right cursor - changed behaviour in 1809: We've got a preview build of 1809 running on a test machine, some macros are failing because of a change of behaviour in text editing. All our existing machines exhibit this behaviour - Text Selection (selection is indicated in red) Now press the right cursor key The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. weird line cursor