Windows 10: Strange Login-Problem after Re-Start (PW Option not available + Pin/Hello not working)

Discus and support Strange Login-Problem after Re-Start (PW Option not available + Pin/Hello not working) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Seems like I am facing a catch 22 situation with Windows Login. After restart, I have only Windows Hello available (but seems not to work any longer,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hellmichmi, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Strange Login-Problem after Re-Start (PW Option not available + Pin/Hello not working)

Seems like I am facing a catch 22 situation with Windows Login. After restart, I have only Windows Hello available (but seems not to work any longer, driver?) AND Windows PIN (which also does not work, tells me about an error and if I want to create a pin, then says it needs to download something from Windows Store which also fails). What is Missing is my Password-LogIn Functionality (it is just not there as an available option).

What has lead to this situation:

I had an issue with uninstalling Itunes. My try was to re-start in Windows in "safe mode". Boom: Safe Mode without a working PW (not available) and without working PIN / Hello.

What I have tried

I restarted (Hold shift, selected options and then during restart tried all entries 1 to 9) .... nothing worked.

Last option is now to boot with USB Stick (Media Creation Tool) the challenge is: my spare Laptop is a MacBook with Big Sur not supporting any longer the creation of a usb boot stick.

Does anyone have an idea, waht else I could try? ... any fancy key combo during boot, that I was not thinking off?

Thanks for any hint!

submitted by /u/hellmichmi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hellmichmi, Apr 9, 2021
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Apr 9, 2021
  3. OSK PIN login on non-touch device

Hello,

I suggest you to create a PIN for your device and try the on screen keyboard to login to the same.

You may follow the steps below to create PIN protection for your device.

• Go to Settings and select account.

• Click on sign in option and Go to PIN option.

• Now click on Add and set PIN for login.

You can use the same PIN to login to your device using the on screen Keyboard from ease of access option and verify the result.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Apr 9, 2021
  4. Strange Login-Problem after Re-Start (PW Option not available + Pin/Hello not working)

Pin Login not available and can't change or remove my pin

Hi Saschavan,

To help you disable your PIN login, kindly follow the steps below:

• Go to this location: Settings/Accounts/Sign-in options
    • Check the PIN options and click the I forget my PIN available to click?
    • Enter your password, it will prompt you to enter a new PIN.
    • Click Cancel and your PIN should be disable upon reboot.

Let us know the result to help you further.

Dennis Mop, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

Strange Login-Problem after Re-Start (PW Option not available + Pin/Hello not working)

1. Strange Login-Problem after Re-Start (PW Option not available + Pin/Hello not working) - Similar Threads - Strange Login Problem

2. Lost Windows Hello PW and Pin. Forgotten PW W-Hello asks for Pin. Forgotten PIN W-Hello...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lost Windows Hello PW and Pin. Forgotten PW W-Hello asks for Pin. Forgotten PIN W-Hello...: I can login to my laptop. I cannot login to activate MS365 as Windows Hello asks for the PW or Pin, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-windows-hello-pw-and-pin-forgotten-pw-w-hello/5242002d-1b1e-437d-b656-6617e6b92a3a
  3. Lost Windows Hello PW and Pin. Forgotten PW W-Hello asks for Pin. Forgotten PIN W-Hello...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost Windows Hello PW and Pin. Forgotten PW W-Hello asks for Pin. Forgotten PIN W-Hello...: I can login to my laptop. I cannot login to activate MS365 as Windows Hello asks for the PW or Pin, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-windows-hello-pw-and-pin-forgotten-pw-w-hello/5242002d-1b1e-437d-b656-6617e6b92a3a
  4. Lost Windows Hello PW and Pin. Forgotten PW W-Hello asks for Pin. Forgotten PIN W-Hello...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How to void PIN Or PW To login ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to void PIN Or PW To login ?: HI,I've just switched back from Win 11 to Win 10.I'm glad I did.-However, when I open my laptop, they always ask me to key PIN or MS password.-Also, every time the system starts they ask me to choose Win 10 or Win 11 to start ?did I already swtich to Win 10?-I check on the...
  6. How to void PIN Or PW To login ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to void PIN Or PW To login ?: HI,I've just switched back from Win 11 to Win 10.I'm glad I did.-However, when I open my laptop, they always ask me to key PIN or MS password.-Also, every time the system starts they ask me to choose Win 10 or Win 11 to start ?did I already swtich to Win 10?-I check on the...
  7. Hello PIN is not available

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hello PIN is not available: I'm unable to change my pin, cause there's no option to make it. How can I change my pin? Regards to any advice... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-pin-is-not-available/cd4a7f02-544c-4af8-854e-569a7a2bbb25
  8. PIN login not available

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    PIN login not available: I have not been able to use my preferred log in method for several weeks. Although I can set and change my PIN in Settings, when it comes to logging in I get the unhelpful something has happened response and the PIN option is unavailable. Fortunately I can still use my...
  9. Windows Hello Face, Pin, and Fingerprint Not Working "Option Not Available" "Something Went...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Hello Face, Pin, and Fingerprint Not Working "Option Not Available" "Something Went...: Sir/Ma'am, I have recently done update 2004 on Windows 10 on my Microsoft Surface Book 1. Since then the Windows Hello function allowing my face to be scanned by the camera, the pin function, and the fingerprint reading option are no longer working. When in the...
  10. Login Problems: PIN is not available

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Login Problems: PIN is not available: There is an ongoing problem with Windows 10 when logging in. After providing my PIN number I get a message that says "your PIN is not available." I then am given an option to re-set my PIN. Starting this process I'm asked for my password, which is accepted. Then I'm...