Windows 10: Strange login window on dads Windows 10 PC.

Discus and support Strange login window on dads Windows 10 PC. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! My dad asked me to change his password on his Laptop today, after I did that I rebooted his laptop and was met with this window : [img] This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ZDov, Feb 23, 2019.

1. ZDov Win User

Strange login window on dads Windows 10 PC.

Hello!
    My dad asked me to change his password on his Laptop today, after I did that I rebooted his laptop and was met with this window :

Strange login window on dads Windows 10 PC. [​IMG]

This is the first time i saw this kind of log in screen, but I just tried to put the new password in, and of course, it does not work. This screen still wants me to put the old password in, but after I do, the screen switches to the normal windows 10 login and tells me that the password is incorrect.

Strange login window on dads Windows 10 PC. [​IMG]

If i go back to the first green login (the strange one) and press back, I go to the normal windows 10 login screen. In this screen putting the old password does not work, but putting the new one just prompts me back to the strange green login screen.

Also entering the new password to the strange green login makes the green login say that the password is incorrect, and asks me to re-enter the password.

From what I understand the green login takes the given password and pushes it to the windows 10 login password, but since I changed it I can not log in anymore.

Also another interesting note is that I also changed the name when I changed the password, and the NEW name I provided was given to the strange green login, while the OLD username remained on the normal windows 10 login.

Sorry for the long read and I hope you know what to do! Strange login window on dads Windows 10 PC. :)

:)

2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 23, 2019
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Feb 23, 2019
  4. r.h.p Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Strange login window on dads Windows 10 PC. - Similar Threads - Strange login window

2. Strange login prompt

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Strange login prompt: Since the most recent update end of Aug 2021? my PC asks me for a PIN or password every time I power up. This used to not happen. I've tried to disable this feature and can't. Before asking me to sign in, it says something bizarre like "We're sorry but you cannot be connected...
  3. Strange numbers on the windows 10 login screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange numbers on the windows 10 login screen: So as said on the title, right after turning on my pc, strange letters and numbers (from one side of the screen to the other) appeared on the bottom of my login screen (where you put your password) and then disappeared right after i dont know if this also helps but my wifi...
  4. Strange problem with WINDOWS 10 or PC?

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange problem with WINDOWS 10 or PC?: Hey guys my computer wont start up and is constantly going into automatic repair mode. I have tried to factory reset it in the advanced repair options in startup but it would constantly get stuck on "getting things ready". Things to note: Computer was fine last night until...
  5. Whatsapp on Windows 10 PC - strange problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whatsapp on Windows 10 PC - strange problem: I have whatsApp on my desktop which used to work fine, recently after windows 10 update it has stopped working, when I double click icon it rolls around for a second and then nothing. I need to add that I have 2 accounts on this PC, on under the company's domain in which...
  6. Strange login problem!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Strange login problem!: Hey guys, my computer was working normally up to this morning when it restarted itself and now I cannot pass the lockscreen! The thing is the password is working but I always get back to the same screen where I have to enter password over and over again. I have lots of...
  7. Strange login problem!

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange login problem!: Hey guys, my computer was working normally up to this morning when it restarted itself and now I cannot pass the lockscreen! The thing is the password is working but I always get back to the same screen where I have to enter password over and over again. I have lots of...
  8. Bluetooth Acting Strangely on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth Acting Strangely on Windows 10 PC: I use a Bluetooth Xbox controller (the Recon Tech special edition) connected to my PC to play games. Today, I loaded up my controller, but it was not connecting to the computer, so I unpaired and repaired but it did not seem to work. The PC was recognizing the controller and...
  9. Strange login window on dads Windows 10 PC.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Strange login window on dads Windows 10 PC.: Hello! My dad asked me to change his password on his Laptop today, after I did that I rebooted his laptop and was met with this window : [img] This is the first time i saw this kind of log in screen, but I just tried to put the new password in, and of course, it does not...
  10. A strange login. Or an attack?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A strange login. Or an attack?: I do not no what happened but today I started my pc, and suddenly the name of my network had been changed. Or the name of my modem. After rebooting my modem to default settings I logged in witn my Microsoft account. Wich should me the only way to start windows. But after I...