Windows 10: Strange Logo on Desktop

Discus and support Strange Logo on Desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, anybody experienced a strange logo appearing on desktop, in my case it seems to be a logo of a letter "f" with an "i" in a blue circle, screen grab... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by adrianpeers66, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Strange Logo on Desktop

Hi, anybody experienced a strange logo appearing on desktop, in my case it seems to be a logo of a letter "f" with an "i" in a blue circle, screen grab attached. It floats in front of other windows, cannot be moved, has no functions on either right or left mouse click and I cannot get rid of it. I have checked Task Manager and nothing unexpected is running, and the logo re-appears after shut down and reboots. I'm running Windows 10. Any ideas how to get rid of this...?
    Strange Logo on Desktop [​IMG]

:)

adrianpeers66, Jan 20, 2021

2. Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

Change desktop background and colors

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 20, 2021
  4. Strange Logo on Desktop

Windows boot logo,

Hi

Tried with suggested steps but not succeed,

still can see HP boot logo

Please suggest

AmardeepBhingardeve, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Strange Logo on Desktop

1. Strange Logo on Desktop - Similar Threads - Strange Logo Desktop

2. Strange user desktop issue

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Strange user desktop issue: so i just reinstalled windows on a computer, starting as new. At first I signed into Microsoft to make account 'hiruk', but wanted to have only a local account "Allayna". Now I supposedly am signing into Allayna, but I still see hiruk as a user in the C drive, and am seeing...
  3. Strange desktop icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange desktop icon: I bought a second monitor and when I adjusted the desktop I noticed a strange stain on the desktop, what is it ?? YOU TUBE- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEZH-UQjZV8...
  4. Strange retail logo appears on desktop

Strange retail logo appears on desktop: A strange logo appeared on my desktop. It does not open and has no right-click option to delete. It's frozen. I have never heard of this cosmetic company and do not know how it would magically appear. What to do?...
  5. desktop acting strange

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop acting strange: It is as if the devil took my working desktop w/ w10, cntl/alt del wont bring up task master. web sites change font size if I try to scroll using mouse wheel. cortina wont input. the list goes on and on. And then if i wait long enough, (10 -20 minutes) things start working....
  6. Little logos on desktop icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Little logos on desktop icons: I cannot for the life of me figure this out. I'll get little logos on my desktop icons. I've seen a green check mark, gray X, two people, and a red circle with a white minus in the middle. I don't have any backup software or anything cloud related from what I can tell. I...
  7. Strange desktop problems?

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange desktop problems?: I've got a problem with a friends Windows 10 all in one computer, something happened (he can't tell me exactly what) and now the desktop appears like this: [img] I can't right click on the desktop to get the desktop context menu; in general there don't appear to be any...
  8. Strange Desktop Behavior

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange Desktop Behavior: Running Win10 with Open-ShellShortcuts can be placed on the desktop. But when you hover over a desktop icon a rectangular area about 1" highand half the desktop width changes to a blue lighter than the desktop blue.This seems to be strange behavior.Has anyone else experienced...
  9. Desktop a strange pink colour

Desktop a strange pink colour: My Desktop has changed to a strange pink colour. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-a-strange-pink-colour/4b23dbe7-89d0-42a7-99f2-9839e5bacd43
  10. logo and data on the new desktop

logo and data on the new desktop: I have a new desktop. But it shows a logo and data from the other laptop that I have setup. What is a solution, if I need to create a new account for this desktop?...