Windows 10: Strange logon screen

Discus and support Strange logon screen in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When my system reboots or shuts down I get an odd dos prompt window. It displays the ctrl-alt-del prompt to logon and then asks for my password. At... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Ruralgal62, May 19, 2019.

1. Strange logon screen

When my system reboots or shuts down I get an odd dos prompt window. It displays the ctrl-alt-del prompt to logon and then asks for my password. At shutdown it simply displays the dos window and then shuts down. Any ideas on what is wrong. I had it to a tech and they could not figure it out.

:)

Ruralgal62, May 19, 2019
  2. Edwin Win User

[SOLVED] Changing the wallpaper on the BOOT, LOCK, and LOGON screens

I did.

Strange logon screen [​IMG]

Didn't make a difference!

Edwin, May 19, 2019
  3. No password prompt at login screen at screen saver...cannot get back without reboot

Hi,

This issue may occur if the display logon screen option is disabled on the screen saver settings. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to enable the
    display logon screen option:

• On Cortana search, type settings.
    • Choose Settings from the list.
    • Click on Personalization, then select on Lock screen at the left pane.
    • Click on Screen saver settings, then put a tick on the
      On resume, display logon screen
    • Click on Apply, then click on OK.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Gerard Qui, May 19, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Strange logon screen

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 19, 2019
Thema:

Strange logon screen

1. Strange logon screen - Similar Threads - Strange logon screen

2. Changing Boot & Logon Screens

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Boot & Logon Screens: I'm making a theme for myself & have a few questions: 1. How do I change the Windows 10 Boot Screen & can I have it show a different image each time? 2. How do I change the Windows 10 Logon/Lock Screen & can I have it show a different image each time? 171585
  3. Logon Screen

Logon Screen: How to bypass the logon screen in Windows 10. netplwiz no longer works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logon-screen/5df18666-b060-4d37-bd5b-5322fedebc53
  4. Windows Logon Screen Not Appearing

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Logon Screen Not Appearing: On startup the laptop with Windows 10 Pro edition logon screen is not appearing. Even try to press the enter, escape keys won't working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-logon-screen-not-appearing/35f40ce4-c80b-4bea-9c96-c174bb813a80
  5. Blurry screen at logon

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blurry screen at logon: I am running Windows 10 1903. When I start my PC, the screen goes blurry and I am unable to change it. Advise ASAP a workaround because I cannot get into safe mode to fix it...
  6. Computer logon screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Computer logon screen: My screen keeps getting changed with different photos about on a weekly basis. With comments and questions from Microsoft, such as "Looks like the stairway into Mordor..." and the photo is of an escalator into a subway system in Europe. I'm asked if I like it or not and it...
  7. Opening Logon Screen

Opening Logon Screen: The logon screen presents random pictures from locations around the world, and I am curious about what and where the picture was taken. Not too ago the option to be directed to a website that identified the location of the picture was offered as a button that could be chosen...
  8. DPI setting for logon screen

DPI setting for logon screen: This seems to be a simple question, but I haven't found a straightforward answer in here: How do I change the DPI setting that Windows uses on the logon screen (say, right after a restart, before a user has logged in), so that it matches the user's DPI setting? The reason I...
  9. Logon screen?????

in Windows 10 Support
    Logon screen?????: i haven't seen anything here about the logon screen, but my logon screen is horrible. it is the most buggy thing about win 10 for me, and it crashes almost all the time. i get a flashing screen, and the credentials to logon are hard to get it to accept them. does anyone else...
  10. screen saver logon?

in Windows 10 Support
    screen saver logon?: I installed windows 7 on my mother's computer, she registered for the update and got windows 10. she was using it for a while.. then two days ago I noticed her screen wasn't going to the blank screen saver anymore. now instead, there is the time & date on top of a picture...