Windows 10: Strange looking volume in the Optimize Drives (Defrag) screen

Discus and support Strange looking volume in the Optimize Drives (Defrag) screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Anyone else seen this before? [img] It's just seen in the Optimize Drives screen, not elsewhere as seen when checking out Disk Management for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by WebMaximus, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Strange looking volume in the Optimize Drives (Defrag) screen

Anyone else seen this before?

Strange looking volume in the Optimize Drives (Defrag) screen [​IMG]

It's just seen in the Optimize Drives screen, not elsewhere as seen when checking out Disk Management for example

Strange looking volume in the Optimize Drives (Defrag) screen [​IMG]

I'm on Version 10.0.19041.450

:)

WebMaximus, Aug 24, 2020

2. defrag and optimize drives

When I go to defrag & optimize drives one of the drives that is listed as "needs optimization" (12% fragmented) is listed as //?/Volume(a27a9b76-0000-0000-0000-40d6e5000000)/ Can I or should I ignore this?

GaryEdelstein, Aug 24, 2020
  3. Volume defrag

You can actually remove it from the list of the drives you want to optimize on a regular schedule. To do so, kindly follow these steps:

• Search for Defragment and Optimize drive.
    • Under Optimize Drives, click the Change settings button.
    • Under Optimization schedule, click the Choose beside Drives.
    • Uncheck the \\?\Volume drive to remove it from the list.

We would appreciate an update about how it went.

Marilou Ser, Aug 24, 2020
  4. Marie Ave Win User

Strange looking volume in the Optimize Drives (Defrag) screen

Defragment and Optimize Drive:

Hi,

Defragment and Optimizing your drives can help your PC boot faster and run smoothly. Regarding the screenshot you provided, it looks like the process is running as intended. This process also takes a long time to be completed depending on the size of your
    hard drive, the partition size and the storage file types.

If you are experiencing issues, please provide the following details:

• What error message are you getting?
    • Did the defragment progress?
    • On what percentage is it currently on after sending the screenshot?

We look forward to your response so we can assist you.

Marie Ave, Aug 24, 2020
Thema:

Strange looking volume in the Optimize Drives (Defrag) screen

1. Strange looking volume in the Optimize Drives (Defrag) screen - Similar Threads - Strange looking volume

2. Defragment & Optimize Drives not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defragment & Optimize Drives not working: Hi all,I tried to optimize my C drive tonight, but the Defragment & Optimize Drives UI program wouldn't start. I tried the command line version by running defrag c: /U /V and nothing happened. There's no error. After doing some research, I found out there should be an...
  3. Defragment & Optimize Drives not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defragment & Optimize Drives not working: Hi all,I tried to optimize my C drive tonight, but the Defragment & Optimize Drives UI program wouldn't start. I tried the command line version by running defrag c: /U /V and nothing happened. There's no error. After doing some research, I found out there should be an...
  4. Optimize and Defragment Drives

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Optimize and Defragment Drives: Doing a little system upkeep, like Disc Cleanup, but when I do the Optimize and Defragment Drives, Iobit Advanced system care comes up and does the scan. Is that OK, or should I Exit it, and have the regular scan go?...
  5. Defragmenting and Optimizing Drive C

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defragmenting and Optimizing Drive C: Drive C no longer appears in the Defragmenting and Optimizing Drives App? I only see the Recovery Image. How do I add Drive C back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defragmenting-and-optimizing-drive-c/c54cedb5-7c13-435b-80b6-5c4419421de6
  6. Remove Unknown Volume from defragment and optimize drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remove Unknown Volume from defragment and optimize drives: Hi all, i would like to ask, how can i remove this disk drive from the defragment and optimize drive [ATTACH] Thanks and Regards https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-unknown-volume-from-defragment-and-optimize/aaca8470-2ee7-4c60-bf0c-f62e94e26000
  7. Strange looking volume in the Optimize Drives (Defrag) screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Strange looking volume in the Optimize Drives (Defrag) screen: Anyone else seen this before? [img] It's just seen in the Optimize Drives screen, not elsewhere as seen when checking out Disk Management for example [img] I'm on Version 10.0.19041.450 163142
  8. Defrag and Optimize

Defrag and Optimize: What is a good optimizer with W10. Thanks 39959
  9. Defragment and Optimize C drive

Defragment and Optimize C drive: I can not get my C drive to optimize. It stays stuck on 6%. I have tried it 5 times and still will not go to O% optimized. [img] 104256
  10. Optimize and Defrag Drives in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Optimize and Defrag Drives in Windows 10: How to: Optimize and Defrag Drives in Windows 10 How to Optimize and Defragment Drives in Windows 10 One of the best ways you can improve your PC's performance is by optimizing the drive. Windows includes features to help optimize the different types of drives that PCs...