Windows 10: Strange macro assigned to mouse button 4 and 5

Discus and support Strange macro assigned to mouse button 4 and 5 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I'm using Win10 Pro and wireless mouse Delux M618 Plus. A few days ago my toddles smashed some random keys on keyboard maybe not related and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ArkadiuszWoźniak1, May 29, 2020.

1. Strange macro assigned to mouse button 4 and 5

Hi,

I'm using Win10 Pro and wireless mouse Delux M618 Plus. A few days ago my toddles smashed some random keys on keyboard maybe not related and today I notices that mouse buttons 4 and 5 have both some strange macros assigned to them alt+rcontrol+rshift+rwin+181 that result in groove and office opening.

I tried using system recovery and loaded system version from 3 days ago, but it didn't work. I also installed X-mouse and software provided by mouse manufacturer to try to remap these buttons, but it also didn't work these button shows as properly configured, and if I try to assign them another function it does nothing.. Also deleted and reinstalled mouse drivers.

What could be the issue?

:)

ArkadiuszWoźniak1, May 29, 2020

2. Mouse Button 4 Registers as Mouse Button 5

The mouse button 5 still registers as mouse button 5 even though mouse button 4 registers as mouse button 5

OwaisBagel809, May 29, 2020
  3. Thagstrom Win User
    Mouse Button 4 Registers as Mouse Button 5

Does your mouse have a mouse button 5? And if so is that button registering as mouse button 4?

Thagstrom, May 29, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Strange macro assigned to mouse button 4 and 5

How to create macros for Mouse movements?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you want to create macros for mouse movements. However, we would like to know the make and model of the mouse that you are using.

If you are using a Microsoft mouse, you can download the
    Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center
    to assign macros. Kindly refer the suggestions from the article

How do I create macros?

However, we do have a dedicated forum for issues concerning to creating Macros for Mouse, let me point you in the right direction, where you may get further assistance, if the issue persists. I would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet forums, where we have
    support professionals to address your query.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 29, 2020
Thema:

Strange macro assigned to mouse button 4 and 5

1. Strange macro assigned to mouse button 4 and 5 - Similar Threads - Strange macro assigned

2. Mapping mouse button 4/5 to game bar push-to-talk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mapping mouse button 4/5 to game bar push-to-talk: I can do it in Discord. I can do it in TeamSpeak. I can do it in every game I play. But I can't do it in XBOX parties. Has anyone found a way to do this that doesn't require me to remap my mouse button and thus ALL of my other PTT mappings?...
  3. Mapping mouse button 4/5 to game bar push-to-talk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mapping mouse button 4/5 to game bar push-to-talk: I can do it in Discord. I can do it in TeamSpeak. I can do it in every game I play. But I can't do it in XBOX parties. Has anyone found a way to do this that doesn't require me to remap my mouse button and thus ALL of my other PTT mappings?...
  4. program macro for side button on mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    program macro for side button on mouse: I'd like the left side button on MS wireless mouse 5000 to enlarge the onscreen text by pressing it once rather than clicking 4 or 5 times on Chrome 's magnifying glass icon. thanks in advance from my aching finger, hand, wrist and forearm. Ray...
  5. Mouse buttons 4 and 5 suddenly not recognised

Mouse buttons 4 and 5 suddenly not recognised: I have been using a M618 PLUS wireless mouse for about 9 months. I have arthritis in my fingers so I use Xmouse to map buttons 4 and 5 to scroll up and down the page to save me constantly using the mouse wheel. I use it in conjunction with a standard keyboard connected via...
  6. Mouse buttons 4 and 5 no longer working

Mouse buttons 4 and 5 no longer working: Just recently my mouse buttons 4 and 5 quit working. It is a Corsair m65 mouse. I have looked in there software and it is set as back and forward for webpages. I have tried it on other devices and it works correctly without any software. Its win10 on a PC I built myself....
  7. Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000: HOW ASSIGN MACROS/HOTKEYS to buttons 1-5 at the top

Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000: HOW ASSIGN MACROS/HOTKEYS to buttons 1-5 at the top: i am only able to assign programs to these keys but hotkeys would be much more useful!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/natural-ergonomic-keyboard-4000-how-assign/74e2e763-1b8f-4d3a-90e3-afa14e5852e2
  8. Is there a generic driver for a mouse with >5 buttons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a generic driver for a mouse with >5 buttons?: I'm using H1TURBK Elecom Trackball with Windows 10 which has 8 buttons, and until I install their mouse software, Windows only sees first five. That software is bit crappy and I'd rather avoid using it - but it seems like I need a special driver, as the generic driver only...
  9. Mouse buttons 4&5 not working in web browsers, but works in Windows explorer

Mouse buttons 4&5 not working in web browsers, but works in Windows explorer: With multiple mice different models, I suddenly cannot use mouse buttons 4&5 in Windows 10, build 1909. These buttons work in Win explorer, but in Chrome and Edge, they do nothing. I have gone to a website which allows you to test your mouse buttons -- these buttons...
  10. Mouse Button 4 Registers as Mouse Button 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Button 4 Registers as Mouse Button 5: After updating Windows 10 to version 1803, my mouse button 4 registers as my mouse button 5 in all games and applications such as Rainbow Six Siege and Chrome. I already tried opening device manager and reinstalling the drivers but nothings changed. Does anyone know how to...