Strange Memory Reporting Problem

Discus and support Strange Memory Reporting Problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a very strange disk space reporting issue. I don't know when it first appeared (I'm on 17134.81 now), because I never looked at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sgage, Jun 5, 2018.

1. sgage Win User

I have a very strange disk space reporting issue. I don't know when it first appeared (I'm on 17134.81 now), because I never looked at Settings/System/Storage - I have always used other tools. I just checked it out, having read about it in another comment. Anyway, my C: drive, which is my Windows System drive, is a 128 GB partition. 'Storage' shows it as 436 GB! It shows 357 used, and 79 free (which is the correct amount of free space). It shows 329 in System&Reserved. Disk Manager shows C: as a healthy and happy 128 GB partition. In File Explorer, right clicking on "C:" and clicking "Properties" shows the correct amount as well.

Does anyone have a clue as to what might be going on with the "Storage" reporting?

:)

sgage, Jun 5, 2018
  2. ElceeT Win User

Incorrect System Report

Thank you for your suggestion.

I have run the Windows Memory Diagnostic and the report indicated that no memory problems were detected. Status remains the same - 2GB of RAM instead of 6GB.

I do not have any obvious performance issues on this system. I have another Windows 10 installation on a secondary laptop and the system specs are reported accurately on that installation.

ElceeT, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Eeshwar Kumar Win User
    Incorrect System Report

Hi Elcee,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to run the Windows Memory Diagnostic by following the steps below:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Windows Memory Diagnostic and press Enter.
    • Click on Restart now and check for problems.

After the Diagnostic is complete, check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Strange Memory Reporting Problem - Similar Threads - Strange Memory Reporting

2. how do I fix opencl.dll problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I fix opencl.dll problems: how do I fix opencl.dll problem, "OpenCL.dll not found" or "OpenCL.dll file can't read" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-fix-opencldll-problems/135f31c2-4935-419b-a2b3-49fb11215dbd
  3. Win10 Updates Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Updates Problems: The 1803 update wiped out several programs on my HP laptop---lost saved emails--and downloads Further updates on my Acer desktop wiped out my desktop- Additional updates move programs off the desktop and deletes others All changes require several hours to reset to a...
  4. Problem with Build 17733.rs5_release.180803

Problem with Build 17733.rs5_release.180803: Hi, I`m an Windows Insider and after the latest update my laptop is not working like before. Can`t open Settings or Windows Update, start is not working, search also not working. I also tried to reset my Windows but there is no option when I select Troubleshooting after...
  5. Windows Features Problem: .Net Framework 2.0 and higher

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Features Problem: .Net Framework 2.0 and higher: I just got a new laptop and I need to install several programs. However when I go to install them the installer pauses on the installation of .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0 and 4.0. It will give me a separate window saying that the program needs access to a specific feature but wont...
  6. My NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M had the problem code 0000002B

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M had the problem code 0000002B: In the beginning of the year I got my 525M to work again until an update came by and it had the unforgiving (Code 43). Sometimes the 525M would turn into Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. On Saturday though it randomly started working again, but just this yesterday your...
  7. Problem with downloading and usinf office 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with downloading and usinf office 365: Hi I have Windows S and am having a problem with regard to Office 365. When I have downloaded it from the Microsoft store I get the following error 0x80070002 and am unable to open the corresponding apps. I have tried to resolve this by running various trouble-shooters and...
  8. Problem with the calendar app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with the calendar app: I have a problem with the calendar app: Screenshot I have this problem on both my desktop and laptop. I'm running windows 10 N https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_cal/problem-with-the-calendar-app/97677a96-d9dc-4663-90a0-4d1fe860f975
  9. Wifi probleme

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi probleme: Just after I have updated to windows 10 my Wi-Fi adaptor losses Wi-Fi connection then I have to restart laptop so that the Wi-Fi can work for a short while. Can anyone assist me with this problem. It is not my Wi-Fi router because all the other devices connect and work...
  10. Resetting Computer Problem

Resetting Computer Problem: Hello i am trying to reset my computer with Windows 10 but this command prompt pops up with this error saying like "winpesh1.ini file is present, but no commands were found" Thanks in advance...