Strange Memory Reporting Problem

Discus and support Strange Memory Reporting Problem in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I have a very strange disk space reporting issue. I don't know when it first appeared (I'm on 17134.81 now), because I never looked at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sgage, Jun 5, 2018.

1. sgage Win User

I have a very strange disk space reporting issue. I don't know when it first appeared (I'm on 17134.81 now), because I never looked at Settings/System/Storage - I have always used other tools. I just checked it out, having read about it in another comment. Anyway, my C: drive, which is my Windows System drive, is a 128 GB partition. 'Storage' shows it as 436 GB! It shows 357 used, and 79 free (which is the correct amount of free space). It shows 329 in System&Reserved. Disk Manager shows C: as a healthy and happy 128 GB partition. In File Explorer, right clicking on "C:" and clicking "Properties" shows the correct amount as well.

Does anyone have a clue as to what might be going on with the "Storage" reporting?

:)

sgage, Jun 5, 2018
  2. ElceeT Win User

Incorrect System Report

Thank you for your suggestion.

I have run the Windows Memory Diagnostic and the report indicated that no memory problems were detected. Status remains the same - 2GB of RAM instead of 6GB.

I do not have any obvious performance issues on this system. I have another Windows 10 installation on a secondary laptop and the system specs are reported accurately on that installation.

ElceeT, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Eeshwar Kumar Win User
    Incorrect System Report

Hi Elcee,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to run the Windows Memory Diagnostic by following the steps below:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Windows Memory Diagnostic and press Enter.
    • Click on Restart now and check for problems.

After the Diagnostic is complete, check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

Strange Memory Reporting Problem

Strange Memory Reporting Problem - Similar Threads - Strange Memory Reporting

1. Strange "cannot connect" issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange "cannot connect" issue: I have three PC's all the same version of Windows 10 ( the latest ). After a recent update the network needed repairing, and that I did with the help from people on this forum. However, one issue remains. I have PC's A, B, C. When PC B very first attempts to view folder...
  2. Strange Threat Report

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange Threat Report: I paid for an add-on to MS Money called MSMoneyQuotes.exe. The file checked out fine on Defender and virustotal. I tried copying the file to a Windows zip folder (Money.zip). Defender said it wanted to send it for a cloud scan then came back with the virus warning below....
  3. Very strange shutdown problem in Windows 10 64bit build 1803

in Windows 10 Support
    Very strange shutdown problem in Windows 10 64bit build 1803: Three or four days ago when I clicked shutdown, after 30 seconds the monitor went dark but the PC was still running, I tried it in Safe Mode, Clean Boot and restored an image from 14 days ago all with the same result. I thought before I inflicted on myself two weeks of teeth...
  4. How to diagnose a strange hangproblem

in Windows 10 Support
    How to diagnose a strange hangproblem: I have an occasional wacko problem involving FireFox and VeraCrypt (or maybe any long running command). I have no idea how to debug this. I have a .bat file containing a VeraCrypt Mount command. The command prompts for a password, then displays a "This may take a while" type...
  5. Strange BSOD occuring only once per day with external monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange BSOD occuring only once per day with external monitors: Hello, I'm stumbling upon a strange behaviour of Windows 10 on my work laptop. I recently got two monitors: one is plugged with HDMI, the other with VGA. I don't have any docking station, hence the interesting way to hook these monitors. Every day when I switch my laptop...
  6. Strange Start Menu Icons since Samsung EXO

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange Start Menu Icons since Samsung EXO: Hey guys, so I just reinstalled Windows 10 onto my brand new Dell Inspiron 15 3576 after taking it apart and installing a Samsung 850 EVO to replace the HDD it came with. Installing windows went off without a hitch, and I've downloaded the drivers and whatnot. However,...
  7. Strange Start Menu Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange Start Menu Icons: Hey guys, so I just reinstalled Windows 10 onto my brand new Dell Inspiron 15 3576 after taking it apart and installing a Samsung 850 EVO to replace the HDD it came with. Installing windows went off without a hitch, and I've downloaded the drivers and whatnot. However,...
Strange Memory Reporting Problem solved