Windows 10: Strange Memory Reporting Problem

Discus and support Strange Memory Reporting Problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a very strange disk space reporting issue. I don't know when it first appeared (I'm on 17134.81 now), because I never looked at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sgage, Jun 5, 2018.

1. sgage Win User

Strange Memory Reporting Problem

I have a very strange disk space reporting issue. I don't know when it first appeared (I'm on 17134.81 now), because I never looked at Settings/System/Storage - I have always used other tools. I just checked it out, having read about it in another comment. Anyway, my C: drive, which is my Windows System drive, is a 128 GB partition. 'Storage' shows it as 436 GB! It shows 357 used, and 79 free (which is the correct amount of free space). It shows 329 in System&Reserved. Disk Manager shows C: as a healthy and happy 128 GB partition. In File Explorer, right clicking on "C:" and clicking "Properties" shows the correct amount as well.

Does anyone have a clue as to what might be going on with the "Storage" reporting?

:)

sgage, Jun 5, 2018
  2. ElceeT Win User

Incorrect System Report

Thank you for your suggestion.

I have run the Windows Memory Diagnostic and the report indicated that no memory problems were detected. Status remains the same - 2GB of RAM instead of 6GB.

I do not have any obvious performance issues on this system. I have another Windows 10 installation on a secondary laptop and the system specs are reported accurately on that installation.

ElceeT, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Incorrect System Report

Hi Elcee,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to run the Windows Memory Diagnostic by following the steps below:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Windows Memory Diagnostic and press Enter.
    • Click on Restart now and check for problems.

After the Diagnostic is complete, check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

Strange Memory Reporting Problem

1. Strange Memory Reporting Problem - Similar Threads - Strange Memory Reporting

2. Memory Diagnostic Report

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Memory Diagnostic Report: I am testing a Windows 10 laptop for memory problems. I ran the standard diagnostic process which restarts the machine. Unfortunately, the diagnostic report is not shown. Apparently this is by design. According to responses to this site, rather than present a message, it...
  3. Memory Diagnostic Report

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory Diagnostic Report: I am testing a Windows 10 laptop for memory problems. I ran the standard diagnostic process which restarts the machine. Unfortunately, the diagnostic report is not shown. Apparently this is by design. According to responses to this site, rather than present a message, it...
  4. Memory Diagnostic Report

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Strange Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange Problem: The strangest thing just happened, I was trying to go into a zoom meeting but every time I clicked on the link, I got a download instead of new window to take me to the meeting. A moment later, I tried to copy the zoom link only to realize that the keyboard had stopped...
  6. Very Strange Battery Report

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very Strange Battery Report: I've noticed something very strange about my battery life report... Since buying the laptop in 2016 the full charge capacity has dropped from 92,157mWh to 66,883mWh. I understand this is normal and I've been checking it every month or so to track its decrease (average...
  7. Strange report on open space on HD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange report on open space on HD: My wife has a Windows 10 computer with a 512 gb HD that seems to indicate the HD is nearly full. If I click on the C drive and properties, is reports there is only 8gb free. If instead, I check the properties on every folder in the C drive, the total used gb adds up to only...
  8. Strange report on open space on HD

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange report on open space on HD: My wife has a Windows 10 computer with a 512 gb HD that seems to indicate the HD is nearly full. If I click on the C drive and properties, is reports there is only 8gb free. If instead, I check the properties on every folder in the C drive, the total used gb adds up to only...
  9. Strange Threat Report

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange Threat Report: I paid for an add-on to MS Money called MSMoneyQuotes.exe. The file checked out fine on Defender and virustotal. I tried copying the file to a Windows zip folder (Money.zip). Defender said it wanted to send it for a cloud scan then came back with the virus warning below....
  10. Memory Reporting Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Memory Reporting Problem: I have a very strange disk space reporting issue. I don't know when it first appeared (I'm on 17134.81 now), because I never looked at Settings/System/Storage - I have always used other tools. I just checked it out, having read about it in another comment. Anyway, my C:...