Windows 10: Strange message about my account.

Discus and support Strange message about my account. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Every day I get the same message: 'We need to fix your Microsoft account (your password has probably been changed). Select here to fix it in the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by johnbax_801, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Strange message about my account.

Every day I get the same message: 'We need to fix your Microsoft account (your password has probably been changed). Select here to fix it in the Shared Experiences settings.'

So I go to Shared Experiences, which tells me that 'Some of your accounts need attention', followed by a 'Fix now' button. So I click on Fix Now, and enter my password when told to, and then I get 'Oops - something went wrong. This service isn't available at the moment, please try again later'.

(I could do without the 'Oops!' by the way. I'm not five years old).

Apart from this minor annoyance everything in my system works perfectly well.

So, 1) is there something wrong with my accounts? I can't find anything.

and 2) why do I keep being told that there is, and how do I stop it?

:)

johnbax_801, Oct 21, 2019
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Strange message about my account. :(

Zakin, Oct 21, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 21, 2019
  4. Strange message about my account.

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

Strange message about my account.

1. Strange message about my account. - Similar Threads - Strange message account

2. Strange message on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange message on startup: Hello, I have my Windows 11 updated, but for a few days when I start the system, the popup appears to select a program to open a file, without me doing anything; When I select Notepad to see what it is, the following appears, which seems to me to be a Log file, how can I...
  3. Strange message printed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange message printed: I have an Epson ET-2650 printer. It is attached to a BMAX M-3 Plus minicomputer which I had just installed a new 512GB SSD drive to and installed Windows 11 Pro. The following printout was started un-announced, without prompting on my part. It seems to have come over the...
  4. OneDrive strange message

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive strange message: Hi, I have a strange message when open OneDrive: Let this app access your info? App info Microsoft SkyDrive needs your permission to: Access OneDrive files Have full access to your contacts You can change these permissions at https://microsoft.com/consent. Show...
  5. Constant messages about needing to "Fix my account' at login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Constant messages about needing to "Fix my account' at login: I have seen numerous posts relating to this annoying pop up message. I am getting it daily. I have a personal Microsoft account to which my computer is linked. I can log into that with no problem I use the Authenticator on my phone I also have a Work Office365 account...
  6. Strange message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange message: Hi, When I open windows 10 version 2004. It take too long time to open. Before update It was fast only 3 minutes or less. Now, It takes 10 minutes or more! Also I see discoverd message then that strange message [ATTACH] I tried sfc scan but same problem Not every...
  7. Strange Notification About my Windows Account - What is this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange Notification About my Windows Account - What is this?: I got the following notification pop up: Microsoft account problem We need to fix your Microsoft Account (most likely your password changed) Select here to fix it in Shared experiences settings. Now I haven't changed my password and the only reason I have a Microsoft...
  8. About message if Account is locked out

in Windows 10 Customization
    About message if Account is locked out: Hello Microsoft Users. After we changed our Security to people should unlock their accounts through coworkers, its pretty annoying the system message says "Your account is locked or disabled, contact system administrator" Is it possible to change that message? Through...
  9. Strange message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange message: Every few weeks this message pops up on my screen. It locks up my system and I'm not able to do anything else, except click one of it's buttons. It looks suspicions so I just power down my computer which is running Windows 10. When I start the computer up again everything is...
  10. Strange RTL818X message

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange RTL818X message: An Icon for No RTL 818X has recently appeared. I don't know what this is and don't have one. Nothing in Device Manager. Any help as to what this means? Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. this service isnt available at the moment please try again later