Windows 10: Strange Minimise/Maximise Animations

Discus and support Strange Minimise/Maximise Animations in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys, Something really weird is happening ever since I upgraded (which is a few days ago). Every window, if opened brand new, minimises with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sierra117, Jul 28, 2016.

1. sierra117 Win User

Strange Minimise/Maximise Animations

Hey guys,

Something really weird is happening ever since I upgraded (which is a few days ago). Every window, if opened brand new, minimises with the correct animation (the window would fade and minimise to its button on the taskbar). But if I maximise it, the animation changes - it maximises from the bottom-right corner of the screen and minimises to the bottom-right corner as well. For example, if I create an instance of Notepad, click on minimise, it will play the correct animation. But now if I click on the button on the taskbar to bring it back up, it will play the wrong animation and will play the wrong animation upon minimising as well.

It somehow strangely fixed itself once, until I restarted and it's been the same ever since. I've attached a GIF to show it. Any ideas what's going on? Never experienced anything like this.

EDIT: Not sure how my attachment broke, since it was fine when I posted it, so I've uploaded it on imgur.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

:)

sierra117, Jul 28, 2016

2. Windows 10 - settings - animation keeps resetting to on randomly.

This is happening with a desktop onto which I downloaded Windows 10 (from 7) and a laptop which was given Windows 10 at birth.

I uncheck the 'Animate windows when maximising and minimising' button, then click apply. Sometimes the animations stop for an hour or two, sometimes for a minute or less. This is totally random and does not rely on any other program use etc.

As the animations make me sick, I am keen to put a stop to this. Any suggestions, please?

Thanks.

ElizabethLovick, Jul 28, 2016
  3. My lock screen is black!

Finally, after many months, I have found a resolution for this problem.

You need to enable the property that animates windows on maximise and minimise in order to see Spotlight and Cortana messages at the same time.

If found this out on this article here:

Picture On Startup Not Showing After Update Solved - Windows 10 Forums

Steve

Quintelligence, Jul 28, 2016
  4. AndreyT Win User

I can confirm a very similar behavior.

When I click the program's taskbar entry the very first time, it minimizes towards that taskbar entry. Howerver, all further clicks produce animations that seem to originate somewhere way to the right from the program's taskbar entry. It is not necessarily the bottom-right corner, but still is seems to be shifted way towards that bottom-right corner.

It is nothing to write home about, but the effect is there all right.

BTW, do you use display scaling? My display is scaled %125, which could be a contributing factor.

AndreyT, Jul 28, 2016
  5. sierra117 Win User
    Hey AndreyT, thanks for your reply!

Good to see that it's not an isolated case and it's happening elsewhere, so perhaps someone knows of a fix.

I agree with you, it's not always the bottom-right corner; for example, a smaller window seems to go to the mid-right, but overall the tendency is to go to the bottom-right.

For me, who's very sensitive to design, it really bothers me lol. As a programmer I struggle to understand why this is also happening - code usually performs within a set of expected manners; fixing itself one day and being off on the rest baffles me heh.

I don't have any scaling going on, though I would imagine that if it had an effect, it wouldn't play the correct animation to begin with. Just my thoughts.

sierra117, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Strange Minimise/Maximise Animations - Similar Threads - Strange Minimise Maximise

2. Where is my minimise, maximise and close buttons?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is my minimise, maximise and close buttons?!: I was using my computer. I had Task Manager open I threw it at the top of the screen. The buttons are now gone and won't come back. Need help!...
  3. Where is my minimise, maximise and close buttons?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is my minimise, maximise and close buttons?!: I was using my computer. I had Task Manager open I threw it at the top of the screen. The buttons are now gone and won't come back. Need help!...
  4. minimise/maximise and close buttons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minimise/maximise and close buttons: The minimise/maximise and close buttons are showing as circles on my husbands computer. Has anyone had this problem and how can he change them back again?...
  5. minimise/maximise and close buttons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    minimise/maximise and close buttons: The minimise/maximise and close buttons are showing as circles on my husbands computer. Has anyone had this problem and how can he change them back again?...
  6. Strange lag when maximised

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange lag when maximised: Whenever an application is maximized, it lags strangely. The scrolling is laggy especially. I got a beefy computer so this definitely should not be the case. submitted by /u/Thee_Mooch [link] [comments]...
  7. Size of close, Minimise and Maximise buttons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Size of close, Minimise and Maximise buttons: Hi all, I have recently downloaded Windows 10 and was wondering if there was a way to reduce the size of the Close, Minimise and restore buttons at the top of each of my windows? Thanks...
  8. Maximise/Minimising windows is not working.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Maximise/Minimising windows is not working.: Hi all, I have a problem with my Win10 laptop and the best way to describe it (i think!), is that the minimise/maximising of windows is not behaving as expected. For example: sometimes I am unable to maximise a window properly, it seems to maximise, but not come to the...
  9. Unable to minimise a maximised window

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to minimise a maximised window: So previously with the Snap Assist I was able to hold left click the toolbar as a maximised window and drag it down to minimise it, but now I can only maximise a minimised window like Google Chrome, why has this happened and how can I get this to work again? Edit:...
  10. Windows 10 Stuttering Maximise Animation

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Stuttering Maximise Animation: Hi there. I am facing a problem which has been bugging me out for the last two days. My current laptop is Inspiron 7559 and has the following Specifications I7 - 6700 HQ NVIDIA GTX 960 M 4GB Intel HD 530 Graphics 16 GB RAM 1 TB HDD 128 GB SSD 4K Touchscreen...