Windows 10: Strange Mouse and Keyboard Behaviour Recently...

Discus and support Strange Mouse and Keyboard Behaviour Recently... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Every now and then I get the noise that something has been 'plugged in' I guess, after several instances of this happening, my keyboard and mouse (both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Fudz4, May 29, 2020.

1. /u/Fudz4 Win User

Strange Mouse and Keyboard Behaviour Recently...

Every now and then I get the noise that something has been 'plugged in' I guess, after several instances of this happening, my keyboard and mouse (both USB) completely turn off robbing me of any kind of input on my PC forcing me to shut down manually.

It's worth noting I play games a lot and when it happens as I am playing a game, the mouse cursor will appear where it shouldn't. I have to alt-tab back in to get rid of it. I have unplugged my Controller as well just in case there was a conflict or something, but it's still happening.

It started happening this week.

Any ideas?

submitted by /u/Fudz4
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Fudz4, May 29, 2020
  2. Karen Her Win User

Mouse and keyboard driver unknown after recent update

Hi,

This issue normally occurs due to outdated or incompatible keyboard and mouse drivers. We suggest you to run the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and check if it helps. Here are the steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search bar, and press Enter on the keyboard.
    • Click View All.
    • Right-click on Hardware and Devices from the list.
    • Select Run as Administrator.
    • Click Next and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

If issue persists, we recommend that you perform the troubleshooting steps in this
    article to resolve your concern.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, May 29, 2020
  3. John Fer Win User
    Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, May 29, 2020
  4. Strange Mouse and Keyboard Behaviour Recently...

keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, May 29, 2020
Thema:

Strange Mouse and Keyboard Behaviour Recently...

1. Strange Mouse and Keyboard Behaviour Recently... - Similar Threads - Strange Mouse Keyboard

2. Strange behaviour of Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange behaviour of Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard: Hi everybody,I've bought a new Microsoft Keyboard last year and at first it worked like a charm, but now it shows some strange behaviour.The keyboard disconnects and reconnects on typing several keywords like `install`....
  3. Strange behaviour of Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange behaviour of Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard: Hi everybody,I've bought a new Microsoft Keyboard last year and at first it worked like a charm, but now it shows some strange behaviour.The keyboard disconnects and reconnects on typing several keywords like `install`....
  4. Strange behaviour of Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Question about strange keyboard behaviour

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about strange keyboard behaviour: Hi all, I have had a Razer Blade Stealth 13 2020 (UK Keyboard) for a couple of months now and I'm seeing a bizarre behaviour that I'm looking into. When I open Chrome on my machine for the first time after a restart and start typing anything in the omni-bar, the first key...
  6. Strange behaviour

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange behaviour: I hope someone can point me in the right direction. I have a very strange thing happening with my computer. My monitor will just all of a sudden go black, then a message saying "no signal". My computer does no power down or restart, but at the same time I can do nothing with...
  7. Skype's strange behaviour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype's strange behaviour: Win 10 Pro now ver 1909 build 18363.720 I have used Skype over different OS and got the latest version when I installed 10 over a year ago. It didn't work well as an App, so I adopted the Desktop version when prompted a few months later. Since then it has been working OK but...
  8. Strange Keyboard behaviour in one app only

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange Keyboard behaviour in one app only: The Epub app Book bazaar now wont turn pages using the left and right arrows on the keyboard after the 1803 update. I've uninstalled and reinstalled BB to no avail. If I rollback to the previous win version it works again. I've updated and reinstalled different versions of...
  9. Strange signin behaviour

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Strange signin behaviour: I changed my Windows signin to a 4 digit login, which works fine.... today i I noticed there were two signin options for my user account , exactly the same name, plus one other I have for a family member. i chose one of ' my' accounts and it asked for a password, I tried...
  10. Strange mouse cursor behaviour.

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange mouse cursor behaviour.: When I hover the cursor over any folder which is not on the desktop, the blue circle flashes on and off a couple of times. When I close the folder it also flashes. This started happening a few days ago, but I can't relate it to anything I did.What can be causing this? 97651