Windows 10: Strange mouse behavior that i cannot find any reference or fix to online

Discus and support Strange mouse behavior that i cannot find any reference or fix to online in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So. Randomly a day and a half ago. My mouse has gone into a strange state, Its a strange dotted cross shape with a bigger dot in the center. When i'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by David_wmi, May 31, 2023.

1. David_wmi Win User

Strange mouse behavior that i cannot find any reference or fix to online

So. Randomly a day and a half ago. My mouse has gone into a strange state, Its a strange dotted cross shape with a bigger dot in the center. When i'm not moving my mouse it is locked to one specific area near the bottom left of my screen, but i can also move my mouse "freely". By this i mean when i am moving my mouse for 1 frame it goes to where it should be, some apps allow me to click just fine when not moving and there is an invisible mouse on the intended location. Others require me to be moving it when i attempt to click to be able to register the click, it is also near impossible to high

:)

David_wmi, May 31, 2023
  2. barzu Win User

Strange behavior: Mouse is off, apps won't open, clicking disabled

Hi, my laptop HP just started to behave strange: mouse is off by 100 pixels, most apps wont start, the ones that start (System ones) are stuck in loading. This has never happened before, just all of a sudden. I cannot run any system apps to check for malware. Nothing suspicious in Startup. Same behavior in Safe mode. After it just won't click any window, just the desktop

ChkDisk didnt find any problems. Of course I cannot restore from a system point or Repair My PC (I don't know why is these options exist even there, never helped).

The problem persists regardless of USB mouse or touchpad.

Does anyone know what can be the issue? Here are some screenshots:

Win 10 x64 22H2 10.0.19045 Build 19045

Strange mouse behavior that i cannot find any reference or fix to online -strange-behavior-mouse-off-apps-wont-open-clicking-disabled-viber_image_2023-03-26_16-07-48-603.jpg

Strange mouse behavior that i cannot find any reference or fix to online -strange-behavior-mouse-off-apps-wont-open-clicking-disabled-viber_image_2023-03-26_16-07-48-653.jpg

Strange mouse behavior that i cannot find any reference or fix to online -strange-behavior-mouse-off-apps-wont-open-clicking-disabled-viber_image_2023-03-26_16-07-51-666.jpg

Strange mouse behavior that i cannot find any reference or fix to online -strange-behavior-mouse-off-apps-wont-open-clicking-disabled-viber_image_2023-03-26_16-07-48-435.jpg

barzu, May 31, 2023
  3. Rey Cam Win User
    Mouse without borders mouse behavior issue

Hi David,

Erratic mouse behaviors may be a caused by a corrupted software or a defective device. Hence, we would like to know more:

• Have you done any changes on your computer?
    • Are we working on a wired or a wireless device?
    • If it is a wired device, have you tried a different USB port?
    • Have you used a different mouse and check if the issue persist?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

Meanwhile, kindly check Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows. At the bottom page is a topic
    about Hardware Troubleshooter Drivers. Please find the steps on how to update a device driver using Windows Update.

Keep us updated with the status of the issue and we'll be glad to assist you further.

Rey Cam, May 31, 2023
  4. Strange mouse behavior that i cannot find any reference or fix to online

Strange behavior of the Start menu

You can add shortcuts in the start menu, alphabetical list, by adding them in the old start menu location. What is strange is that if you add several shortcuts to the same program with different parameters, only one appears on the list, why ? No idea. Anyway
    it appears with the right icon, the one defined by the shortcut. If this entry list is pinned to the start screen, it appears with the icon of the exe file, not the one of the shortcut. Second strange behavior. I regret all this. The start menu of W10 lost
    something very important in the W7 and previous versions. The ability to create a hierarchical menu : one for internet, one for multimedia, one for office programs etc… The actual start menu is a real mess compared to what could be done in W7. This can be
    partly solved by the start screen : it’s possible to create folders, one for internet, one for multimedia ad so on, and the folders can contain pinned tiles to the right programs. Anyway, its’ completely impossible to create several shortcuts to the same program.
    For example one for starting the browser to one a website, one for starting it to another website and so on. Personally, I solve this by using an alternate shell able to manage several shortcuts to the same program… and to choose the icon. Anyway, this behavior
    of the start menu remains very strange, and makes the start menu of W10 less usable than the ones of the previous versions of windows (not W8 of course which was a complete failure).

mgrmgrmgrmgr, May 31, 2023
Thema:

Strange mouse behavior that i cannot find any reference or fix to online

1. Strange mouse behavior that i cannot find any reference or fix to online - Similar Threads - Strange mouse behavior

2. Strange mouse behavior that i cannot find any reference or fix to online

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange mouse behavior that i cannot find any reference or fix to online: So. Randomly a day and a half ago. My mouse has gone into a strange state, Its a strange dotted cross shape with a bigger dot in the center. When i'm not moving my mouse it is locked to one specific area near the bottom left of my screen, but i can also move my mouse...
  3. Strange mouse behavior that i cannot find any reference or fix to online

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange mouse behavior that i cannot find any reference or fix to online: So. Randomly a day and a half ago. My mouse has gone into a strange state, Its a strange dotted cross shape with a bigger dot in the center. When i'm not moving my mouse it is locked to one specific area near the bottom left of my screen, but i can also move my mouse...
  4. strange behavior

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    strange behavior: in explorer i cant create "new folder".I can't type into search boxes in the usual way. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-behavior/a4d18df8-6068-4cbd-8b3e-08b94dc85fdd
  5. strange behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    strange behavior: in explorer i cant create "new folder".I can't type into search boxes in the usual way. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-behavior/a4d18df8-6068-4cbd-8b3e-08b94dc85fdd
  6. Strange Behavior

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange Behavior: [ATTACH] Windows Taskbar My Windows freezes and then my taskbar is replaced by the one above. This replacement "taskbar" is not accessible, and non of the task bar fixes I have tried off the internet will restore it. Only a system reboot restores the "original"...
  7. Strange Behavior

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange Behavior: Was browsing in Chrome, all of a sudden my scroll wheel on my mouse was disabled, and Windows was just making a clicking noise instead of scrolling the page. Closed everything, restarted, and got a weird blue screen asking if I wanted to Restore/Repair, etc. Restarted in...
  8. Problems with mouse and cant find any solutions online

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problems with mouse and cant find any solutions online: When I click on the website my cursor turns into 4 arrows and it scrolls the web page uncontrollably when I hit refresh button an new tab opens. Like what the heck! I tried unlinking wireless keyboard and mouse and then re-link it, i checked my mouse settings. It is almost...
  9. A strange behavior

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A strange behavior: Warning: The text of this question is made with Google Translate. I own a relatively new computer with Windows 10 Pro and Windows Insider Program. From the very beginning, every time I turn it on and reach the Windows lock screen, it does not detect any network connection,...
  10. strange behavior .....

in Windows 10 Support
    strange behavior .....: good morning I spent the weekend upgrading my PC's from win 7 to win 10. the 1st one had some issues after the upgrade, but most have been solved. 2 of the other 3 went fine and all seem to be working as expected. the last one, and the most important one, has lots of...