Windows 10: Strange mouse cursor behaviour.

Discus and support Strange mouse cursor behaviour. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I hover the cursor over any folder which is not on the desktop, the blue circle flashes on and off a couple of times. When I close the folder it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Syncopator, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Strange mouse cursor behaviour.

When I hover the cursor over any folder which is not on the desktop, the blue circle flashes on and off a couple of times. When I close the folder it also flashes. This started happening a few days ago, but I can't relate it to anything I did.What can be causing this?

:)

Syncopator, Nov 8, 2017

2. Cursor blinking and strange behaviour

In answer to your questions

1) One of the first things I tried. Two different mice (by different manufacturers) produced the same result.

2) Only change I had made (past the upgrade to windows 10) was disabling Skype from starting automatically upon login. I've undone that change, the problem persists.

I've tried both of your suggested fixes, both have failed to produce any change.

phaserrifle, Nov 8, 2017
  3. Caseyfun Win User
    Cursor blinking and strange behaviour

Hi, I Downloaded windows 10 last week . problems with blinking curser and text not writing n box.

We downloaded it onto a touchscreen puter and it works great. It appears it does not work with a mouse.

I am certain they will find a fix for this but in the meantime I have gone back to windows 8.1.

It is a shame as the new no. 10 is fantastic. hope this helps. Casey.

Caseyfun, Nov 8, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Strange mouse cursor behaviour.

Check your Ease of Access for any changes, along with the Touchpad settings for the mouse to see if it is set to cause that behavior.

bro67, Nov 9, 2017
  5. The mouse pointer selection had the blue circle as an option when I looked at the settings, but after trying a few things, that option disappeared and I was left with only the conventional finger, or a cross. I chose the finger.
    That's working fine.
    Thank you for your help.

Syncopator, Nov 9, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    Glad to hear. Make sure to mark this as complete.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Strange mouse cursor behaviour.

1. Strange mouse cursor behaviour. - Similar Threads - Strange mouse cursor

2. Strange Mouse and Keyboard Behaviour Recently...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange Mouse and Keyboard Behaviour Recently...: Every now and then I get the noise that something has been 'plugged in' I guess, after several instances of this happening, my keyboard and mouse (both USB) completely turn off robbing me of any kind of input on my PC forcing me to shut down manually. It's worth noting I...
  3. Bizarre behaviour of very slow mouse cursor with taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bizarre behaviour of very slow mouse cursor with taskbar: I have tried searching for this issue, but it is very difficult to describe succinctly in a few words. If I move the cursor over an App icon in the taskbar, where there is more than one app window open of that name, the mini windows pop-ups above the task bar and the user...
  4. Strange behaviour

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange behaviour: I hope someone can point me in the right direction. I have a very strange thing happening with my computer. My monitor will just all of a sudden go black, then a message saying "no signal". My computer does no power down or restart, but at the same time I can do nothing with...
  5. Skype's strange behaviour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype's strange behaviour: Win 10 Pro now ver 1909 build 18363.720 I have used Skype over different OS and got the latest version when I installed 10 over a year ago. It didn't work well as an App, so I adopted the Desktop version when prompted a few months later. Since then it has been working OK but...
  6. Strange update behaviour

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Strange update behaviour: I have two PC's, my wife's and my own, both upgraded on line from 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. The only difference is that my wife's PC is 32-bit and mine is 64-bit. Yesterday, my wife called me to say that something strange happened when she booted her PC and that it was now...
  7. Strange signin behaviour

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Strange signin behaviour: I changed my Windows signin to a 4 digit login, which works fine.... today i I noticed there were two signin options for my user account , exactly the same name, plus one other I have for a family member. i chose one of ' my' accounts and it asked for a password, I tried...
  8. Strange IP Behaviour

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange IP Behaviour: I live in Kolkata and use a Wishnet Unlimited Plan from my LCO - Tariff : Wish Net Private Limited : Best Broadband in Kolkta for the past few days whenever I try to access a few sites, I have to pass the cloudflare security check " One more step Please complete the...
  9. Strange rectangular box following mouse cursor.

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange rectangular box following mouse cursor.: I have started this same thread under drivers and hardware, but i think it might be the wrong section, mods pls help merge them if necessary. Has anybody seen this? Recently updated to w10, and the nvidia drivers gave a distorted mouse cursor, a known issue, and today it...
  10. Strange behaviour on installation?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Strange behaviour on installation?: Hi, I have started installation/upgrade from Windows 8.1 to 10 on my sisters laptop. She have the same MS account on the second gaming computer. The strange things that happend is that the gaming computer just got Windows 10 too, she had 8.1 and yes of course I wanted to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. strange cursor behaviour in windows