Windows 10: strange mouse cursors and behavior after the blackout

Discus and support strange mouse cursors and behavior after the blackout in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Generally I am used to scrolling within a window, not only using the scrollbars. I've never had this problem before but now (and I think since the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RonNewYork, Jul 27, 2019.

1. strange mouse cursors and behavior after the blackout

Generally I am used to scrolling within a window, not only using the scrollbars. I've never had this problem before but now (and I think since the blackout in NYC) when I use the wheel of my mouse to scroll within a window, I get several different cursors*Redfacene is a circle with 4 arrows inside; another is also a circle with 2 small arrows pointing in opposite directions. I cant take a screen shot of them. They both cause very rapid and continuous scrolling. Perhaps the mouse is going bad (I don't have a spare handy). Or something else, but what?

:)

RonNewYork, Jul 27, 2019

2. Mouse Cursor and pad cursor - Acer Aspire Lap Top.

Hi Tess,

Based on the description that you mentioned, you're having challenges controlling the mouse cursor. It looks like we will need more information about your concern in order to give the most appropriate advice. As such, please answer the following questions:

• Did make any changes to your computer prior to this issue (e.g. updating Windows operating system, hardware changes, etc.)?
    • Can you please tell us more description of the behavior of the mouse cursor?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to the link below for helpful tips and steps on how you can resolve this issue:

Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows

We also suggest that you update the drivers in
    Windows 10
    as this process will apply new features and fixes that are essential to your hardware drivers.

We're looking forward to your response.

Lawrence Lib, Jul 27, 2019
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    No mouse cursor

Hi,

It is possible that the system did not recognize the mouse of your computer after it booted up. This can be the reason why you do not see the mouse cursor. Kindly perform a power cycle to refresh the power of the computer. To do this, follow these steps:

• Shutdown the computer.
    • After shutting it down, remove the battery (if you're using a laptop) and disconnect the computer from the charger.
    • Wait for 1 minute.
    • After 1 minute, attach the battery and turn on the computer.
    • Check if you will see the mouse cursor.

Let us know how it goes.

Argel Obm, Jul 27, 2019
  4. strange mouse cursors and behavior after the blackout

Strange behavior from taskbar-cursor interaction?

Ive heard some stories of where Windows 10 for some reason seems to get confused as to whether a device is a desktop or a laptop/tablet. Im going to suggest trying this:

Go into your settings, instead of going to where the taskbar settings are, open settings and go under system. Select Tablet mode.

strange mouse cursors and behavior after the blackout [​IMG]

See that your settings look like this. "When I sign in" is set to desktop mode, "When this devices switches..." is set to dont ask and dont switch. This is what I would try. See if that works for you.

ArazelEternal, Jul 27, 2019
Thema:

strange mouse cursors and behavior after the blackout

1. strange mouse cursors and behavior after the blackout - Similar Threads - strange mouse cursors

2. strange behavior

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    strange behavior: in explorer i cant create "new folder".I can't type into search boxes in the usual way. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-behavior/a4d18df8-6068-4cbd-8b3e-08b94dc85fdd
  3. strange behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    strange behavior: in explorer i cant create "new folder".I can't type into search boxes in the usual way. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-behavior/a4d18df8-6068-4cbd-8b3e-08b94dc85fdd
  4. Strange Behavior

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange Behavior: [ATTACH] Windows Taskbar My Windows freezes and then my taskbar is replaced by the one above. This replacement "taskbar" is not accessible, and non of the task bar fixes I have tried off the internet will restore it. Only a system reboot restores the "original"...
  5. Erratic mouse cursor behavior.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Erratic mouse cursor behavior.: My mouse is having a tendency to chage icons when transitioning from windows or over text. Gets stuck on different cusor icons and sometimes two parallel lines that are vertical. Ive checked windows updates and even done a reset of the pc resetting the OS....
  6. A strange behavior

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A strange behavior: Warning: The text of this question is made with Google Translate. I own a relatively new computer with Windows 10 Pro and Windows Insider Program. From the very beginning, every time I turn it on and reach the Windows lock screen, it does not detect any network connection,...
  7. After Blackout - Black Screen with mouse cursor, task manager not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After Blackout - Black Screen with mouse cursor, task manager not working: Hello Team, I’ve got problem after electricity blackout while i was gaming. Whenever i start my PC, I got black screen but the mouse cursor is active. I tried to open youtube tutorial , most of them suggest CTRL+ALT+DEL, but it doesnt do anything for me. No Menu showed up,...
  8. Strange mouse cursor behaviour.

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange mouse cursor behaviour.: When I hover the cursor over any folder which is not on the desktop, the blue circle flashes on and off a couple of times. When I close the folder it also flashes. This started happening a few days ago, but I can't relate it to anything I did.What can be causing this? 97651
  9. strange behavior .....

in Windows 10 Support
    strange behavior .....: good morning I spent the weekend upgrading my PC's from win 7 to win 10. the 1st one had some issues after the upgrade, but most have been solved. 2 of the other 3 went fine and all seem to be working as expected. the last one, and the most important one, has lots of...
  10. Strange behavior from taskbar-cursor interaction?

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange behavior from taskbar-cursor interaction?: My tale of woe can be seen here: No taskbar with a maximized Firefox screen? mozillaZine Forums . Up until a few days ago, whenever my cursor hovered at the very bottom of the screen, the taskbar would appear. And, when the cursor was moved away from the bottom, the taskbar...