Windows 10: Strange Mouse Problem

Discus and support Strange Mouse Problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've solved this problem but thought I would post in case anyone has similar issue. I had a problem with my desktop PC where menus didn't respond to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Steve C, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Steve C Win User

Strange Mouse Problem

I've solved this problem but thought I would post in case anyone has similar issue.

I had a problem with my desktop PC where menus didn't respond to mouse commands and the PC didn't respond to the keyboard arrow keys after pressing Ctrl / Alt / Delete. I changed the mouse batteries to no avail then noticed the mouse LED was always on. All is fine now I've swapped to a wired mouse. The offending mouse is an old Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse Model 1026.

I noticed an unspecified hardware error in Reliability History and have since figured out that the left mouse button microswitch is bust. It's time for a new wireless mouse!

:)

Steve C, Sep 27, 2017

2. graphics problem; mouse behaving strangely

Hi Bostjan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

If you’re referring to the rectangles which are created after dragging the mouse pointer on an empty space of desktop screen, it is by design.

If that is not the case, let’s try the following step and check if it helps.

Clean Boot: Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

Follow the article How to perform a clean boot in Windows in the below link and check if it helps:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

(Applies to Windows 10 as well).

Disclaimer: A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when
    you run a program in Windows. You may also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot. You must log on to the computer as an administrator to be able to perform a clean boot. Your computer may temporarily lose
    some functionality when you perform a clean boot. When you start the computer normally, the functionality returns. However, you may receive the original error message, or experience the original behavior if the problem still exists. If the computer is connected
    to a network, network policy settings may prevent you from following these steps.

NOTE: Once you perform clean boot do refer to the section “How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting” to boot the computer in normal mode.

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Sep 27, 2017
  3. Pargeo Win User
    Sculpt Comfort Mouse not pairing

To whom it may be interesting:

The problem solved, yet I have no clue as to the cause of it.

What I did:

1) I unpaired the mouse in OS X and then rebooted into Windows 10

2) I repeated the pairing procedure in Windows 10, only this time the mouse paired without any problem.

3) I rebooted into OS X and paired the mouse there - no problem at all.

4) I rebooted again into Windows 10 and checked the mouse functionality - it worked all right.

I'd like to hear some logical explanation to this strange behaviour. Does Windows 10 read some strange parameter in MBP's UEFI somehow which prevents it pairing a mouse that has already been paired in another system installed on the same machine?

Pargeo, Sep 27, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Strange Mouse Problem

If you were in China, I could direct you to a small place in the town I was in where I had someone replace the microswitch- they had one lying amongst the random pile of bits on their bench. Cost- trivial. 10 years later I'm still using it.

But hey, they even had a man come round once a year repairing umbrellas...

dalchina, Sep 27, 2017
Thema:

Strange Mouse Problem

1. Strange Mouse Problem - Similar Threads - Strange Mouse Problem

2. Keyboard and mouse acting strange?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse acting strange?: Before the latest update, my keyboard and mouse have both worked just fine. But since this update, my keyboard responds completely differently as far as keystrokes and the mouse pointer although is responsive the clicker does not. I have changed the ports that they are...
  3. Strange Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange Problem: The strangest thing just happened, I was trying to go into a zoom meeting but every time I clicked on the link, I got a download instead of new window to take me to the meeting. A moment later, I tried to copy the zoom link only to realize that the keyboard had stopped...
  4. Strange Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange Problem: The strangest thing just happened, I was trying to go into a zoom meeting but every time I clicked on the link, I got a download instead of new window to take me to the meeting. A moment later, I tried to copy the zoom link only to realize that the keyboard had stopped...
  5. Strange Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Mouse clicks behaves strange

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse clicks behaves strange: I am facing a serious issue with the mouse. Any type of mouse connected to my laptop works fine for few days and after that issues pop up, most often single left mouse click is misinterpreted as multiple clicks two or three. Sometimes a single click will select the whole text...
  7. Mouse acting strange

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse acting strange: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/goreidea [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iobg9i/mouse_acting_strange/
  8. Mouse and keyboard acting strangely

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and keyboard acting strangely: I installed Windows 10 on my son's computer a week ago, and everything was fine until this morning. I noticed that every link I click on opened up a new Chrome browser instance. The mouse wheel no longer works, but the other buttons work. The caps lock became...
  9. Strange mouse cursor behaviour.

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange mouse cursor behaviour.: When I hover the cursor over any folder which is not on the desktop, the blue circle flashes on and off a couple of times. When I close the folder it also flashes. This started happening a few days ago, but I can't relate it to anything I did.What can be causing this? 97651
  10. Strange Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange Problem: I noticed a strange issue with my PC today. I am running Win 10 Pro (64 bit) and after I restarted my PC today, I observed the following things: 1. Some of the icons are missing on the taskbar. There used to be icons for Store, Calculator, Edge on my taskbar. 2. I also...