Windows 10: Strange multi-monitor/screen issue since last update.

Discus and support Strange multi-monitor/screen issue since last update. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi I have a strange issue with my computer since the last windows 10 update. I run on a two monitor setup but it seems that there is an issue where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DaveSmith_990, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Strange multi-monitor/screen issue since last update.

Hi

I have a strange issue with my computer since the last windows 10 update.

I run on a two monitor setup but it seems that there is an issue where if I use an application in the 2nd screen the first screen loses all ability to gain focus. I can't click or do anything in that screen. If I bring up task manager via ctrl-alt-del which starts in the first screen, the first screen becomes active again and I can select items in it. If I however drag task manager to the second screen, the first screen again becomes unresponsive. I have to close down the task manager and start it up again from the ctrl-alt-del menu.

Is this a bug with the new update, or did something not update correctly?

This is on Win 10 Pro 64bit.

i7 CPU

8 GB Ram

Nvidia GeForce GTX970

:)

DaveSmith_990, Jan 10, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

Windows 10 KB3213986 Update Cripples Multi-monitor Gaming

The recent Cumulative Update for Windows 10 (KB3213986) cripples multi-monitor gaming, looking at the way Microsoft worded its "known issues" text. After the update is applied, users with multi-monitor setups could experience screen stuttering or clipped screens when running 3D apps on machines with more than one monitor. The only workaround Microsoft suggests for now entails running your 3D apps in non-fullscreen modes, such as windowed-maximized (pseudo-fullscreen) or windowed modes. Microsoft also goes as far as to suggest that people with multi-monitors could try starting their 3D apps with just one monitor connected.

"Users may experience delayed or clipped screens while running 3D rendering apps (such as games) on systems with more than one monitor," the change-log for the KB3213986 update reads. "To work around this issue please consider the following options: 1. Running the application in Windows mode (not full screen), or 2. Starting the application with only one monitor connected," it adds. The update effectively cripples multi-monitor gaming, using technologies such as AMD Eyefinity or NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround.

Strange multi-monitor/screen issue since last update. 5781d75ceca3_thm.jpg

Source: Microsoft

btarunr, Jan 10, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 10, 2019
  4. Strange multi-monitor/screen issue since last update.

Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

Strange multi-monitor/screen issue since last update.

1. Strange multi-monitor/screen issue since last update. - Similar Threads - Strange multi monitor

2. Weird issues since last update probably ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird issues since last update probably ?: Hey friends I'm not sure if my issue is related to latest updates or not but anyways here it goes... Earlier - when I turned on my laptop - the manufacturer page "Lenovo" used to start with a circling dots one for a few seconds before coming onto "Welcome" screen, now a days,...
  3. multi monitor issue - screen staying black

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    multi monitor issue - screen staying black: So I have 2 monitors connected to an rtx 2070, one via hdmi (4k) and 1 via displayport (1440p). I mirror the screens so both display the same content. This usually works, however for reasons I can not isolate one or both monitors show only black screens sometimes at random....
  4. Multi monitors windows dragging problem since update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multi monitors windows dragging problem since update: Hello, Since recently when I try to drag a window from a monitor to another I have 3 of them I get big colored numbers and frames appearing on the screens weirdly enough the numbers appear only on 2 of my screens and the number appearing is the same on both number 1....
  5. Bluetooth issue since last Windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth issue since last Windows update: And I've tried everything to fix it. Basically there's no options to turn bluetooth on anymore. Always used to be but since last Windows update its seemed to have gone? Am I the only one? Also had the search bar broken but managed to fix that. submitted by /u/deport...
  6. Font printing issue since last update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Font printing issue since last update: My computer updated last Friday and since then I have been unable to print fonts correctly to the printer. They show correctly in all the software I use and even print correctly to pdf but it's just when I need a hard copy. I tried doing a system restore but it failed and...
  7. Bluetooth issues since last weeks update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth issues since last weeks update: Morning I have the following devices Lenovo Thinkpad E540 OS: Windows 10 Pro 1903 build 18362.113 Acer Extensa 2540 OS: Windows 10 Pro 1903 build 18362.113 Nokia phone on Android OS Samsung tablet on Android OS Bluetooth Microsoft Mouse 3600 My issue: Before the update,...
  8. Multi-monitor/Taskbar issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Multi-monitor/Taskbar issue: So I have an odd issue. I have 3 monitors in my setup. My main is a 27" Dell G-Sync monitor at 2560x1440. It is flanked by a 24" 1080p monitor on each side of it. I have the 27" set as my main monitor but have dragged my main taskbar to the monitor on my left side. My issue...
  9. Several strange issues(cursor related) since last few days

in Windows 10 Support
    Several strange issues(cursor related) since last few days: Hi, I have a Dell laptop with windows 10 installed. Since last 7-8 days I am facing very strange issues.I remember there was an update but am not sure that update is the culprit. Issues are as following: 1. When I start the computer, my touchpad pointer is nowhere to be...
  10. Strange things happening since last upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange things happening since last upgrade: My last upgrade was to Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.64). Since then when my computer goes to sleep, on awakening the open windows are resized and moved about 60 to 70% of the time. This never happened before the upgrade. Personally I think it might be a hardware issue. I use...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1040 g3 multi monitor external issue