Windows 10: Strange Network issue in 1809

Discus and support Strange Network issue in 1809 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 4 PC's in my private network & I cant see them including the PC i am on in windows explorer under network but I can access them by making a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DrSysop, Dec 1, 2018.

1. DrSysop Win User

Strange Network issue in 1809

I have 4 PC's in my private network & I cant see them including the PC i am on in windows explorer under network but I can access them by making a shortcut by entering \\name of PC & can see it that way.
    Why is 1809 hiding this? I have my network discovery set to be visible also on all my windows 10 1809 machines. I turned off the firewall in router also but that did not do anything. Its mind boggling is there another setting to show them in windows explorer? This goes for all mt 4 PC's one on WiFi I can see name of that pc on that machine but not others. Other 3 are hard wired & only 1 of them I can see all the networks not the other 2 but settings are the same & all on win 10 pro. I noticed this recently I use to be able to see all machines on all PC's & changed nothing.

:)

DrSysop, Dec 1, 2018
  2. Gino Des Win User

Issues with network adapters

Hi Alfonso,

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter when you switch from WiFi to Ethernet connection. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems including clearing the network cache to obtain a new
    IP from the new network. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Identify and repair network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands, and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Dec 1, 2018
  3. Mystere Win User
    What is this network device?

This is a weird problem I've been seeing in windows for years now (not just windows 10). I've been unable to figure out what it is, but we're not alone in this, I did some research a while back and a lot of other people were seeing it as well.

Some suggest it's a bug in the network stack. Some suggest it's neighbors who are connecting somehow, but not able to use the network. Regardless, it's not an uncommon problem and doesn't seem to be anything worry about. Here's some examples:

Solved Strange phones in network - Windows 10 Forums
    Strange phones listed on Network heading

Mystere, Dec 1, 2018
  4. Cr00zng Win User

1809 breaks network browsing?

I tend to disagree... On a small network the master browser refresh shouldn't take long. In my case, 4-6 hours should have been sufficient for refreshing the master browser list. Also, up to version 1709 feature update, there had been no issues with shared resources; viewing the network shares was instantaneous after the feature update. There had been no changes required in network setting and/or resetting the network.

The first sign of issues showed up with version 1803 and version 1809 made it even worse. At least for now, the version 1809 PC can browse the network shares hosted on version 1803 PC, rolled back from 1809.

In all fairness, this is probably well know changes for experts in this forums with appropriate tutorial posted for resolution. My encounter with these issues is due to the fact, that these systems had been updated to version 1803 couple of weeks ego and accidentally updating to 1809 this week.

Cr00zng, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Strange Network issue in 1809 - Similar Threads - Strange Network issue

2. A strange issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A strange issue: Hi all, I can't upload photos to reddit via my personal pc but I can via my phone or another pc. I have the Killer Control E2500 and at first I thought that the killer center is making this problem so I uninstalled it and installed only the driver but it didn't work as well....
  3. Strange network share issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange network share issue: Hi all, I've just built a new Windows 10 system which is part of a 3 computer private/wifi LAN (Windows 10 - 64 bit). I had network shares working OK but as of yesterday, one of the computers can no longer access one of the other computers. The 3 computers are a worklaptop,...
  4. Strange issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange issue: My machine seemingly randomly makes the device disconnected chime. Anyone else have this problem. submitted by /u/Beezlebub405 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fj82na/strange_issue/
  5. Network issues since 1809 17763.503 update

Network issues since 1809 17763.503 update: Every since I have installed the 2018 fall update I have been having trouble with very strange network connectivity problems. Usually the problem starts with me opening up a web browser such as Chrome or Firefox and navigating to a page for the first time in the last few...
  6. 1809 network issues

1809 network issues: After upgrading and performing a clean install of version 1809, I am unable to see other computers on the network. I can ping other computers successfully but the computers do not appear in Windows Explorer. I have both Function Discovery services set to automatic as well as...
  7. Strange issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange issue: I have very strange issue. In Monday I opened very image heavy page. The processor went to 90% and the memory over 2GB. Appeared a continuous sound like when I disconnect and connect USB deice. The keyboard stopped writing then continued and so on. When I closed the heavy...
  8. Strange issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange issue: Greetings, I have a strange issue with my PC lately. It occurs when I'm playing Counter-Strike: Global Offensive around 6-12 PM. My PC restarts randomly around that time, only WHEN I'm playing that game, and ONLY around that time interval. I've checked with EventViewer...
  9. Strange Network Connection issue

Strange Network Connection issue: Hi, I am running Windows 10 home edition for X64 based systems version 10.0.17134 on an Acer Switch Alpha 12 tablet. In the evening, I always shut down the wifi and I close the lid on the tablet which seems to put the device into hibernation mode. In the morning, I power on...
  10. Strange network issue

Strange network issue: I have an odd problem here. Windows 10 Home WD MyBook Live Windows user account: Microsoft User Account MyBook Live user network share set up with username and password I'm able to browse to the folders on the MyBook live through the Network icon on my...