Windows 10: Strange network issue

Discus and support Strange network issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an odd problem here. Windows 10 Home WD MyBook Live Windows user account: Microsoft User Account MyBook Live user network share set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ssbtech, Apr 7, 2016.

1. ssbtech Win User

Strange network issue

I have an odd problem here.

Windows 10 Home
    WD MyBook Live

Windows user account: Microsoft User Account
    MyBook Live user network share set up with username and password

I'm able to browse to the folders on the MyBook live through the Network icon on my desktop. Interestingly, when I entered my username and password I did NOT click "save password", but access to the shares remains even after rebooting the PC - scary security issue here.

Anyway, the bigger problem is this - through my backup program, Macrium Reflect, I attempt to browse to the abovementioned share to pick a backup destination. This results in a Windows error "The network path can't be found".

Any thoughts? Thanks.

:)

ssbtech, Apr 7, 2016

2. Unable to connect to a Wireless network

I connected to a wireless network while my wireless network adaptor antennas were unplugged now I cannot connect to a network if they are plugged inAny ideas on how to fix this?

Original Title: Strange connect issues

Nathan..James, Apr 7, 2016
  3. Microsoft Lumia 535 dual sim Network issues

I have brand new Lumia 535 dual sim, I am facing strange issues with my SIM networks.

karthikraj m, Apr 7, 2016
  4. ssbtech Win User

Strange network issue

Might as well try to kill two birds with one stone here.

I'm also seeing an issue where a couple of computers on my network are showing twice under "Network" on my Windows 10 PC.

Example:

"MyServer" will show as MyServer as well as MyServerA

The "A" is being appended to the end of the computer's name.

ssbtech, Apr 7, 2016
Thema:

Strange network issue

1. Strange network issue - Similar Threads - Strange network issue

2. A strange issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A strange issue: Hi all, I can't upload photos to reddit via my personal pc but I can via my phone or another pc. I have the Killer Control E2500 and at first I thought that the killer center is making this problem so I uninstalled it and installed only the driver but it didn't work as well....
  3. Strange network share issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange network share issue: Hi all, I've just built a new Windows 10 system which is part of a 3 computer private/wifi LAN (Windows 10 - 64 bit). I had network shares working OK but as of yesterday, one of the computers can no longer access one of the other computers. The 3 computers are a worklaptop,...
  4. Strange issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange issue: My machine seemingly randomly makes the device disconnected chime. Anyone else have this problem. submitted by /u/Beezlebub405 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fj82na/strange_issue/
  5. Strange Network issue in 1809

Strange Network issue in 1809: I have 4 PC's in my private network & I cant see them including the PC i am on in windows explorer under network but I can access them by making a shortcut by entering \\name of PC & can see it that way. Why is 1809 hiding this? I have my network discovery set to be visible...
  6. Strange issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange issue: I have very strange issue. In Monday I opened very image heavy page. The processor went to 90% and the memory over 2GB. Appeared a continuous sound like when I disconnect and connect USB deice. The keyboard stopped writing then continued and so on. When I closed the heavy...
  7. Strange issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange issue: Greetings, I have a strange issue with my PC lately. It occurs when I'm playing Counter-Strike: Global Offensive around 6-12 PM. My PC restarts randomly around that time, only WHEN I'm playing that game, and ONLY around that time interval. I've checked with EventViewer...
  8. Strange Network Connection issue

Strange Network Connection issue: Hi, I am running Windows 10 home edition for X64 based systems version 10.0.17134 on an Acer Switch Alpha 12 tablet. In the evening, I always shut down the wifi and I close the lid on the tablet which seems to put the device into hibernation mode. In the morning, I power on...
  9. strange network problem

strange network problem: having changed location to a small office after having a talktalk connection which worked OK. I am now connected 4 PCs through a Switch and shared a printer without any problems as the Internet was from a Public connection in the same building each machine having its own wifi...
  10. Strange issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Strange issue: Touchpad works fine but during gaming, responds either slowly or won't. How can I tackle this issue? 37436