Windows 10: Strange Networking access issue after Windows 10 updates

Discus and support Strange Networking access issue after Windows 10 updates in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm on Win10 1903 and had finally gotten everything working correctly. However after a windows update a strange networking issue has show up. I have 3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FuSchnickens, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Strange Networking access issue after Windows 10 updates

I'm on Win10 1903 and had finally gotten everything working correctly. However after a windows update a strange networking issue has show up. I have 3 PC's in my network and all had been able to connect to each one's user public folders. Now, PC1 is fine and can connect to PC2 & PC3. PC2 can connect to PC3 and vice versa. However, neither PC2 or PC3 can connect to PC1. When I do try to access PC1 from PC2 or PC3 I get "you do not have permission to access \\PC1. Contact your network admin to request access". Since I'm the sole user I have admin access. The strange part is if I type in \\PC1\Users\Public from PC2 or PC3 I am able to access PC1. What the heck is going on here? I can't be the only one this has happened to. Is there a fix? Thanks.

:)

FuSchnickens, Jul 4, 2019
  2. cushman Win User

Windows 10 issues!

So for about 3 to 4 weeks now i'm having some issues with windows 10, Issues like LAN proxy "network says i have internet access but i can't access the internet it doesn't show a x or an exclamation sign" and huge frame rate drops in all games and stuttering! What i'm wondering is if i update my bios will it play nice with windows 10? Because i haven't updated my bios since i bought my system.

cushman, Jul 4, 2019
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jul 4, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Strange Networking access issue after Windows 10 updates

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 4, 2019
Thema:

Strange Networking access issue after Windows 10 updates

1. Strange Networking access issue after Windows 10 updates - Similar Threads - Strange Networking access

2. Strange network share issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange network share issue: Hi all, I've just built a new Windows 10 system which is part of a 3 computer private/wifi LAN (Windows 10 - 64 bit). I had network shares working OK but as of yesterday, one of the computers can no longer access one of the other computers. The 3 computers are a worklaptop,...
  3. windows 10 strange after update issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 strange after update issue: After second to last major update, i start my laptop, i am unable to click anything on my desktop including icons and start menu. I have to click control alt delete and then click task manager. Once i do this i can then click items and open them. I need to do this every time...
  4. Strange Issue after windows update. please help.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange Issue after windows update. please help.: Does anybody else had some strange issues on windows 10 after update? I have a workstation that has problems connecting on the share. but after restarting that workstation it works fine. The funny thing is that. when you do a restart in the middle of the day or shutdown. it...
  5. network issue after the windows update...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    network issue after the windows update...: When my windows get updated. I lose all network connections. At the bottom of windows desktop in the tray, my network icon has a red x with a popup dialog that says "Not connected - No connections are available". When I look in device manager all the network adapters have a...
  6. Windows 10 network not accessible issue

Windows 10 network not accessible issue: I have a Lenovo PC with pre-installed Windows 10 OS. Today morning onwards the network is not getting accessible with this system. I can access other systems shared folders from this PC but can't access the shared folders of this Lenovo PC. Also internet is working fine in...
  7. Strange Network issue in 1809

Strange Network issue in 1809: I have 4 PC's in my private network & I cant see them including the PC i am on in windows explorer under network but I can access them by making a shortcut by entering \\name of PC & can see it that way. Why is 1809 hiding this? I have my network discovery set to be visible...
  8. Strange Network Connection issue

Strange Network Connection issue: Hi, I am running Windows 10 home edition for X64 based systems version 10.0.17134 on an Acer Switch Alpha 12 tablet. In the evening, I always shut down the wifi and I close the lid on the tablet which seems to put the device into hibernation mode. In the morning, I power on...
  9. Strange network issue

Strange network issue: I have an odd problem here. Windows 10 Home WD MyBook Live Windows user account: Microsoft User Account MyBook Live user network share set up with username and password I'm able to browse to the folders on the MyBook live through the Network icon on my...
  10. Strange issues after Anniversary Update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange issues after Anniversary Update.: Greetings! My Anniversary Update went fine without any hitches...or so I thought. After the update I noticed some weird stuff happenning. - Dialog boxes/windows would only show and outline...then after a while I'd see the text or icons in the window. - Text editing in...