Windows 10: Strange new icon on Task Bar after installing latest Win Update KB5003637 June 8, 2021

Discus and support Strange new icon on Task Bar after installing latest Win Update KB5003637 June 8, 2021 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there,I wouldn't have been much bothered, but I can't get rid of this new icon that appeared on my Task Bar once I rebooted my computer after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jimmy Bionic, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Strange new icon on Task Bar after installing latest Win Update KB5003637 June 8, 2021

Hi there,I wouldn't have been much bothered, but I can't get rid of this new icon that appeared on my Task Bar once I rebooted my computer after installing the new update. When I click on it, it says in Russian in my loose translation "there have been some problems while loading a web-channel, you may have been disconnected from the network or there may have been an error on our side". I suppose the message itself may be due to the fact that I am using a couple of Windows tweakers that block a bunch of MS IPs to disable telemetry gathering my Windows Home ain't pirate, it's fully legal btw.

:)

Jimmy Bionic, Jun 9, 2021

2. Win 7 Task Bar Windows Icon

I have two Pcs, one Win 7 and one Win 8. The Win 8 had the Icon in the task bar and I reserved

a copy of Win 10 but the Win 7 pc does not have the icon in the task bar. Win 8 pc has KB3035583

but Win 7 does not. I have tried all of the downloads suggested in these forums and still cannot

get it. Its is my understanding you have to have KB3035583 in order to reserve Win 10 so how do

I get it on my Win 7 pc? I have tried the Update installer several times but get error 0x8008005.

Any help, please.

Thanks

LC

LEROY DPEER, Jun 9, 2021
  3. No Icons visible in task bar, Win 10

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with icons in the Task bar after November update, do let us know the following:

• Is this issue confined only with icons in the Task bar?
    • What happens when you try to click on those icons?
    • What exactly do you mean by: "they are there but not visible"?

Method 1: If you are referring to showing up of different icons in Task in System tray, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key from the Keyboard, type
      Turn system icons On or Off
      and select it.
    • Try to turn on the icons that are visible.

Method 2:

Step 1: If not, I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode and check if the icons are visible to access.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: This issue might have occurred due to corrupted or missing system files after the update. I suggest you to place the computer in normal mode and try to perform SFC scan.

Steps: Place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter
    • In the System Configuration
      window, click on General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Perform SFC scan, System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue with required information, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 9, 2021
  4. Strange new icon on Task Bar after installing latest Win Update KB5003637 June 8, 2021

Task Bar Icons Windows 10

Hi John,

Thank you for your response.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

If the icon is hidden from the task bar, you can enable it by using the following steps. The icon might be hidden. Here's how to show the battery icon:

• Right-click an empty area on the taskbar, and then click
      Properties.
    • Under Notification area, click
      Customize.
    • In Notification Area Icons, click on Select
      which icons appear on Taskbar.
    • On in the drop-down list next to
      Power, and then click OK.
    If the issue still persists you can try Updating the latest Power management driver software for Windows 10 from the manufacturer website.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jun 9, 2021
Thema:

Strange new icon on Task Bar after installing latest Win Update KB5003637 June 8, 2021

1. Strange new icon on Task Bar after installing latest Win Update KB5003637 June 8, 2021 - Similar Threads - Strange icon Task

2. Strange icon in Task Bar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange icon in Task Bar.: Hi, i'm asking a question on behalf of my mum who has a nes Dell Inspiron and Windows 11. She has Windows Security and no virus. Although it appears that she does not have a virus, i am worried about her security.An icon has appeared on her task bar which she does not...
  3. Strange icon in Task Bar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange icon in Task Bar.: Hi, i'm asking a question on behalf of my mum who has a nes Dell Inspiron and Windows 11. She has Windows Security and no virus. Although it appears that she does not have a virus, i am worried about her security.An icon has appeared on her task bar which she does not...
  4. Strange Icon in Task Bar Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange Icon in Task Bar Windows 10: I see this icon at the bottom in my task bar, right next to the "Type here to search".How do I delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-icon-in-task-bar-windows-10/876c9d6e-591e-4405-b601-c18c5ab07cfa
  5. Installing 2021-06 Cumulative Update KB5003637

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing 2021-06 Cumulative Update KB5003637: Hi there,anybody else having issues installing 2021-06 Cumulative Update KB5003637? The install status is 0% and clicking the "Download and install" link on the OS Windows Update menu does nothing. Changes apply and reboot and then the changes from the update could not...
  6. Win 10 Taskbar Problem after June 8, 2021—KB5003637 update

Win 10 Taskbar Problem after June 8, 2021—KB5003637 update: Hi,My rightmost part of the icons on the taskbar i.e. time, notifications, minimized programs, sound, volume etc.; disappeared after the June 8, 2021—KB5003637 update. Same problem also happens albeit occasionally on the "search" field on the taskbar as well.The problem does...
  7. Latest Windows update KB5003637 fails to install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Latest Windows update KB5003637 fails to install: My Windows 10/64 Pro (20H2) will not complete the update process for KB5003637. Everything appears to be going fine until the system restart and then I get an "update can't be completed Window and then the Windows Update control panel says : "Some update files are missing or...
  8. Problem with latest update June 8, 2021—KB5003637

Problem with latest update June 8, 2021—KB5003637: This was installed 6/9/21, I don't know what time but now on 6/10/21 I have no sound. I tried restarting, trouble shoot sound and nothing helped. Anyone else having an issue or know how I can get the volume back?...
  9. Windows task bar icons not rendering properly and disappearing after update KB5003637....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows task bar icons not rendering properly and disappearing after update KB5003637....: Windows task bar icons not rendering properly and disappearing after update KB5003637. Moving task bar to right side and then back to bottom screen position corrects the problem temporarily. If others are effected by this issue please reply. Thank you...
  10. MS Word Laggy after latest update - June 8, 2021—KB5003637

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MS Word Laggy after latest update - June 8, 2021—KB5003637: Since the latest update, MS Word is now lagging, particularly in scrolling, with typing speed unaffected.Here is the full detail on my PC, as regards update. I am also using MS Office 2016 Full Professional.June 8, 2021—KB5003637 OS Builds 19041.1052, 19042.1052, and...