Windows 10: Strange Office 2010 Title Bar Colors

Discus and support Strange Office 2010 Title Bar Colors in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I recently installed a copy of Office 2010 Pro onto my Windows 10 laptop. When I open any of the apps, the title bar appears to have one color... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by mb300e, Apr 6, 2016.

1. mb300e Win User

Strange Office 2010 Title Bar Colors

I recently installed a copy of Office 2010 Pro onto my Windows 10 laptop. When I open any of the apps, the title bar appears to have one color superimposed on top of a lighter color except where there is text. It only happens with Office 2010 apps, all other apps are OK. See pictures. I cannot find anywhere in Office to change this and do not want to fiddle with Windows 10 color settings too much without seeking advice. The old Windows Classic Colour scheme was simple to use, but it has gone away.

Any help to fix this would be appreciated.

Strange Office 2010 Title Bar Colors [​IMG]

Strange Office 2010 Title Bar Colors [​IMG]

:)

mb300e, Apr 6, 2016

2. Accent colors on Win32 and UWP apps on build 15046?

Does the title bar color (in Project) change when you select another Color in setting?

As far as I know Project and all Office applications title bars and menus are owner drawn, that means that the global system settings have no effect on these UI elements.

The color of the frame is the same as the selected color in settings, but this should change with the selection (what you call focus). If the application is selected, the (tiny) frame (and possibly the title bar) is drawn in the selected color, else it's
    gray. One exception to this is Edge, which has it's frame color always on.

willy denoyette, Apr 6, 2016
  3. salexc79 Win User
    Accent colors on Win32 and UWP apps on build 15046?

Hey Willy,

If you mean, if I select another theme color in Project 2010, then "sort of" - if I pick Black or Blue, the theme does change but the Windows accent color is still overlaid (as in the example above). This behaviour was not present on Build 15025.

If you mean, if I select another Windows accent color, then again "sort of" - the overlaid color in Project, and the window frame, does change color. BUT, deselecting the Title Bars option has no effect on this in Project. It *does* remove the Title Bar
    coloring in (for example) the OS Settings window (as per the screenshot above).

S.

salexc79, Apr 6, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

davidhk, Apr 7, 2016
  5. mb300e Win User
    It seems to me to be more of a Windows 10 color scheme issue rather than an Office issue. There is nowhere in Office to change colors that I can find. The same install on my Windows 7 laptop and desktop is OK. But I will ask at the MS Community too. There have been lots of postings on the Windows 10 forum regarding Office problems running on Windows 10.

mb300e, Apr 7, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    The link I gave you is a forum dedicated solely to MS Office 2010.
    They all use MS Office 2010 and it is likely they have a trick or 2 to help you.

davidhk, Apr 7, 2016
  7. mb300e Win User
    I will ask over there too. Someone somewhere has experienced this phenomenon too, I can't see it is mine exclusively.

mb300e, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Strange Office 2010 Title Bar Colors - Similar Threads - Strange Office 2010

2. Change the color of the Office 2016 title bar

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Change the color of the Office 2016 title bar: My office apps title bar color is a horrible deep green. I would like blue. When searching for a solution to this almost every search result had blue. I can't seem to change the color at all. I don't have and will never have a Microsoft account. For themes the only options...
  3. Settings App title bar color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings App title bar color: Windows 10; 1909. I set "Settings > Personalize > Colors > Choose your color" to dark and the Settings App's title bar is black like background, how do I change it? 145752
  4. Settings App title bar color

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings App title bar color: Windows 10; 1909. I set "Settings > Personalize > Colors > Choose your color" to dark and the Settings App's title bar is black like background, how do I change it? 145752
  5. Title bar and task bar color

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Title bar and task bar color: [ATTACH] why is the title bar and the task bar not the exactly same color when set? the top bar always appears a little brighter than the start and action center it's the same with transparency effect, the button is always a little darker is it supposed to be this way?...
  6. title bar color, windows 10

title bar color, windows 10: Is there any possibility to make active window title bar color exactly the same as the accent color, not darker? I am using "automatically pick an accent color from the background" on and dark mode. I would like brighter colors on active window title bar. Thank you....
  7. Strange title bar buttons color in UWP App & weird Accent color changing in Settings App

Strange title bar buttons color in UWP App & weird Accent color changing in Settings App: Hello! I lave utterly strange issue with Accent Color in all UWP Apps. Title bar buttons colors are inconsistent and wrong across all system. For example, in Microsoft Edge they are black or white (depends on screen focus); in the Settings app, they are colored to the current...
  8. show color on title bar

show color on title bar: In build 14905 and the latest, 14915, the title bars are black and you can't colorize them. 62261
  9. Colored Windows Title Bars

Colored Windows Title Bars: No Colored Windows Title Bars. I had this problem with my other computer. That computer had myriad of problems including the white title bar problem. To fix it I, (on the advise of someone on this forum), download a file. That fixed the problem. For all the...
  10. Strange, no updates for Office 2010

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Strange, no updates for Office 2010: So I had just wiped out my Windows 10 1511 Pro 64-bit to do a clean install of 1703. I finally got all my settings done and what not, but I might be seeing an issue. I have another computer which is still on 1511 and I can see the 7 updates for Office 2010 on that system....