Windows 10: Strange Outlook Issue

Discus and support Strange Outlook Issue in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; We have an employee who technically is the entire staff of a subsidiary. He's using a Dell laptop identical in hardware and software to our regular... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by DeaconFrost, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Strange Outlook Issue

We have an employee who technically is the entire staff of a subsidiary. He's using a Dell laptop identical in hardware and software to our regular employees. The problem is, when we send him an e-mail in HTML format, his Outlook displays it as Plain Text.

Now the only difference here is that he is using an IMAP account from 1and1, while the rest of us are using internal Exchange. I have verified that his setting in his Outlook is not enabled, to display all messages in Plain Text.

I'm at a loss to explain what is going on, so I'm about to open a ticket with 1and1.

:)

DeaconFrost, Nov 6, 2016
  2. AzureSky Win User

Screen Saver stopped working after getting KB4020102 on 1703

Strange, the Outlook issue is recurring, only intermittently now. It's definitely related to KB4020102.

AzureSky, Nov 6, 2016
  3. Strange Outlook issues on Windows 10 OS

I am having and extremely strange issue and I am hoping someone has come across this or can at least point me in the right direction.

Our agency is currently in the process of migrating from Windows 7 to Windows 10. The machines are not upgraded but a new Win 10 image is being placed on the machines.

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise

OS Version: 10.0.10586 N/A Build 10586

All of the problems occur when a user is logged into one of our Windows 10 imaged machines as themselves using an Outlook mail profile for themselves and accessing shared account from their mail box folder list.

If I do a drag and drop of email from my account to the shared account it shows for a split second and then vanishes. The exact same behavior occurs if I do a copy and paste or even forward an email.

I am the email admin for our agency and all searches for the disappearing messages comes up empty.

I have run searches on the entire account and the messages are simply not there. They are not in deleted items, recovered deleted items, nor are they recoverable from the server.

I have logged into the shared account directly and made sure all of the views were set up and that no filters were on. The default sync is set up for 12 months for the mail profile.

The version of Office does not seem to make a difference with the issue. We use IMAP mail profiles and do not use pst files.

I have tried repairing Outlook, uninstalled and reinstalled Office, created new mail profiles, and tested several different users with access to the shared account on different Win 10 PC's and the results are the same. The messages simply vanish and I cannot
    figure out what the issue is.

These same users can log onto a Windows 7 machine and the drag and drop, copy paste, and forward mail functions to the shared account work perfectly fine it is only an issue on Windows 10.

If anyone has any suggestions please I am all ears.

This is my first time posting here so if I am missing any information please let me know.

Thank You.

Cori Walker, Nov 6, 2016
Thema:

Strange Outlook Issue

1. Strange Outlook Issue - Similar Threads - Strange Outlook Issue

2. Outlook Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook Issues: The to do icon does not show on the outlook desktop app and I do not have a "current view" option as suggested in solutions offered for this issue. Additionally, when I log into outlook 365 web version, my emails do not sync, so it appears as if all inboxes are empty....
  3. Strange keyboard issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange keyboard issue: Hi all,Have an LG laptop and am also using a MS wireless keyboard and mouse non Bluetooth, uses a USB transceiver - the Wireless Desktop 900.Sometimes, the wireless USB keyboard stops working in part the mouse is not affected. The keyboard doesn't "fully" stop working though...
  4. A strange issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A strange issue: Hi all, I can't upload photos to reddit via my personal pc but I can via my phone or another pc. I have the Killer Control E2500 and at first I thought that the killer center is making this problem so I uninstalled it and installed only the driver but it didn't work as well....
  5. Strange taskbar issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange taskbar issues: Hello all, I have tried restarting the computer and then also restarting explorer.exe and neither have worked. First my taskbar will randomly show over a fullscreen game, fullscreen YouTube video or even over my work Citrix environment. It is completely random and no real...
  6. Strange wifi issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange wifi issue: Hello, i have been experiencing a very bizarre pattern with my wifi. I have unable to connect to my My wireless connection and get the wi-fi doesnt have a valid ip address error when i trouble shoot. However i have a bt wi-fi extender displayed as an ethernet connection that...
  7. Strange issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange issue: My machine seemingly randomly makes the device disconnected chime. Anyone else have this problem. submitted by /u/Beezlebub405 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fj82na/strange_issue/
  8. Strange issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange issue: I have very strange issue. In Monday I opened very image heavy page. The processor went to 90% and the memory over 2GB. Appeared a continuous sound like when I disconnect and connect USB deice. The keyboard stopped writing then continued and so on. When I closed the heavy...
  9. Strange issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange issue: Greetings, I have a strange issue with my PC lately. It occurs when I'm playing Counter-Strike: Global Offensive around 6-12 PM. My PC restarts randomly around that time, only WHEN I'm playing that game, and ONLY around that time interval. I've checked with EventViewer...
  10. Strange issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Strange issue: Touchpad works fine but during gaming, responds either slowly or won't. How can I tackle this issue? 37436