Windows 10: Strange padding in Explorer

Discus and support Strange padding in Explorer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! I have a little bit of a weird question, but I think I received an update recently and probably changed some setting, which caused explorer to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GustavSterbrant, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Strange padding in Explorer

Hello! I have a little bit of a weird question, but I think I received an update recently and probably changed some setting, which caused explorer to have padding in the search and URL box. I attach two pictures to show how it is for me, and how it should be like. This is how it is like for me: Strange padding in Explorer 18728460-aa1a-4c8b-96f0-a77ce2c247fa?upload=true.png

This is how it should be like: Strange padding in Explorer 9ce01856-d424-42aa-b2b7-f3e49f839eaf?upload=true.png

:)

GustavSterbrant, Apr 23, 2020

2. Number pad that comes with Sculpt wireless keyboard.

Hi,

This problem may occur due to an outdated or corrupted device driver. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we'll be needing additional information:

• Is the number pad device visible on Device Manager?
    • Is the wireless keyboard working on your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps provided on this
    article
    . It contains information and basic troubleshooting steps regarding keyboard problems in Windows.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Apr 23, 2020
  3. Windows 10 File Explorer crashes strangely when resized

Hi,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

This might be a temporary issue on your computer.

I suggest you to sign-in out from the current user account, restart the computer, sign-in and check if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step : Run System Maintenance Troubleshooter

System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

Follow the steps given below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search box from the desktop.

• Select the Troubleshooting option.

• Select View All option and select the
      System Maintenance

• Click on Next to perform the System Maintenance troubleshooter and follow the steps.

Step 2: End the Windows Explorer process and create the new one.

• Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc, under Process
      tab, search for Windows Explorer.
    • Right click on it and click on End task.
    • Click on File in the Task Manager
      at top left corner of the window and select Run new task.
    • Type explorer.exe and click on Ok.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of accessing File Explorer for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 23, 2020
  4. Strange padding in Explorer

Mouse pad turn off windows 10 on a HP laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please reply: What happens when you try disabling the mouse pad? Do you receive any error message?

You can also disable your mouse pad by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right-click on the Mouse driver and click on Disable.
    • A prompt will appear, click yes.
    I would also suggest you update the driver from the device manager.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

Strange padding in Explorer

1. Strange padding in Explorer - Similar Threads - Strange padding Explorer

2. More padding/spacing in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    More padding/spacing in File Explorer?: There's an option under tablet mode called "When I'm not using tablet mode". Under this, there is an option for making file explorer icons easier to touch which should allegedly give File Explorer more spacing/padding, similar to Win11. But it doesn't do anything for me. Is...
  3. Windows explorer is behaving very strange

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows explorer is behaving very strange: A few weeks ago I started having problems with the explorer. One day it started lagging a lot, freezing and stuff. Then, every time I selected a file it would completely freeze but not showing "Not responding". Later, I stopped having this problem but after a few days I had...
  4. Strange issue with windows explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange issue with windows explorer: I have a strange issue with Windows explorer auto-refresh, like if create new file/folders, delete files /folders, etc not working until I refresh my screen using mouse right-click and choosing refresh, I notice this issue only when one drive for the business is running, if...
  5. Strange Windows Explorer Issues in W10

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange Windows Explorer Issues in W10: Hello all. Looking to diagnose and troubleshoot (and hopefully fix) an issue with my Toshiba Satellite (A665-S6086) laptop running W10. As a preface to my short ramble: I have my important files, for the most part, backed up in triplicate on external hard drives. There are...
  6. Strange Windows Explorer 'not responding' issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Strange Windows Explorer 'not responding' issue: I've been having issues with Windows Explorer that seems to happen every other day, but have not been able to diagnose what the problem is - nor can I tell what my computer is telling me what the problem is. For no apparent reason, Windows Explorer stops working (but the...
  7. Windows Explorer acting strangely..

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer acting strangely..: Explorer annoyed me with it's quick access thing making me wait and grouping things the way it wants and effectively putting things out of sight... so I disabled it via the view/options thing. and that worked for maybe ten minutes. Until I next shut down windows explorer...
  8. open windows explorer note pad

in Cortana
    open windows explorer note pad: open windows explorer note pad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-windows-explorer-note-pad/c5bf3693-f7d4-4cb3-9617-4b89e0119e88"
  9. How to Padding to Explorer Frame?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    How to Padding to Explorer Frame?: Hello .. I make themes for Windows 10 ... At the moment, it looks like this; [img] But I want to do so; [img] I wrote what I want on the picture. Who really know the person, I need your help. AND MY DREAM! *Smile [ [img] If you want to add...
  10. Strange file explorer behaviour

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange file explorer behaviour: This is quite odd, but doesn't happen very often, only once or twice a week maybe. I'll have file explorer open, and be using something else, for example chrome, maximised. All of a sudden for no apparent reason the file explorer window appears in foreground! Any ideas what...