Windows 10: Strange persisting input lag ? bios, windows, in games

Discus and support Strange persisting input lag ? bios, windows, in games in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello Windows, After all, I have to say that I'm sorry if I did not post my thread on the right category, because I couldn't find the right one :/ My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by sasha04, May 30, 2019.

1. sasha04 Win User

Strange persisting input lag ? bios, windows, in games

Hello Windows,
    After all, I have to say that I'm sorry if I did not post my thread on the right category, because I couldn't find the right one :/

My trouble is : Since 5 months now, I have a weird input lag with all my peripherals (mouse, controller, graphic tablet...) It feels like the ms are like 30-50, it's not very noticable but when playing games, this ruin the gameplay, playing with a demi second is horrible and I would say, unplayable. I have to say that before, it was fine and my peripherals were responsive..

Here what I did :

So what I did, is that I built a complet new pc (new cpu / new gpu / new psu / new motherboard / new hdd / new hdmi cable, new monitor with higher refresh rate (from 60 to 144hz) and the lag still persist (new display port cable also))
    The things that I haven't changed are (ram, but I sent them to the manufacters and they told me they were fine / cd reader / mouse / controller / keyboard)
    The temperature are fine.
    And all the recent drivers are installed. (even did a ddu clean install)
    Finally I reinstalled Windows 3-4 times.
    I also have to say that the input lag/delay occur on the BIOS.
    And this is not an electricity problem since I moved to another place and the lag is till there.

And the input lag still persist... ! *Sad

Specs :

GTX1070Ti 8gb Vram
    I5-8600K 3.6Ghz (turbo 4.5) [CPU cooler : Pure Rock bequiet!]
    16GB ram (4x4) ddr4 3000mhz
    Z370 hd3
    750W Cooler master 80+ bronze

monitor : Acer 144Hz 1ms (displayport)
    mouse : G502 logitech
    keyboard : K120 logitech
    controller : xbox one controller

Yes I did try with and without gpu, with another one, etc. Same for mouse and keyboard. I really don't think that the peripherals are the problems. I plugged my peripherals directly in my new motherbard and I still feels the delay...

Please help me this is killing me *Sad
    For me windows 10 is the problem, that's the only thing I haven't changed (problem occured since march 2018)

:)

sasha04, May 30, 2019
  2. sasha04 Win User

Hello Windows,
    After all, I have to say that I'm sorry if I did not post my thread on the right category, because I couldn't find the right one :/

My trouble is : Since 5 months now, I have a weird input lag with all my peripherals (mouse, controller, graphic tablet...) It feels like the ms are like 30-50, it's not very noticable but when playing games, this ruin the gameplay, playing with a demi second is horrible and I would say, unplayable. I have to say that before, it was fine and my peripherals were responsive..

Here what I did :

So what I did, is that I built a complet new pc (new cpu / new gpu / new psu / new motherboard / new hdd / new hdmi cable, new monitor with higher refresh rate (from 60 to 144hz) and the lag still persist (new display port cable also))
    The things that I haven't changed are (ram, but I sent them to the manufacters and they told me they were fine / cd reader / mouse / controller / keyboard)
    The temperature are fine.
    And all the recent drivers are installed. (even did a ddu clean install)
    Finally I reinstalled Windows 3-4 times.
    I also have to say that the input lag/delay occur on the BIOS.
    And this is not an electricity problem since I moved to another place and the lag is till there.

And the input lag still persist... ! *Sad

Specs :

GTX1070Ti 8gb Vram
    I5-8600K 3.6Ghz (turbo 4.5) [CPU cooler : Pure Rock bequiet!]
    16GB ram (4x4) ddr4 3000mhz
    Z370 hd3
    750W Cooler master 80+ bronze

monitor : Acer 144Hz 1ms (displayport)
    mouse : G502 logitech
    keyboard : K120 logitech
    controller : xbox one controller

Yes I did try with and without gpu, with another one, etc. Same for mouse and keyboard. I really don't think that the peripherals are the problems. I plugged my peripherals directly in my new motherbard and I still feels the delay...

Please help me this is killing me *Sad
    For me windows 10 is the problem, that's the only thing I haven't changed (problem occured since march 2018)

sasha04, May 30, 2019
  3. Seltxer Win User
    Input lag?

• So I had to install the last fall creator's update because of mandatory security updates. Sometimes I launch tf2 and there's major input lag while other times there isn't. I used to have a solution of reverting to a version before the fall creators update
      but I've tried that recently and I needed to reinstall Windows 10. Another solution was to just restart but I don't want to have to restart my laptop every time I want to play video games. I don't know what's causing the input lag, whether it's because of
      the game or the OS or Logitech Gaming Software (which might not be the issue since I had this issue way before I ever got a logitech mouse). I suspect it's the OS and the fall creator's update. I need a permanent solution to stop this input lag. If anyone
      has one, I would really appreciate it.

Seltxer, May 30, 2019
  4. rracoon Win User

Input lag in games

With the installation of Windows 10 I started suffering from input lag on my movement keys in all of the games I played. At first it was barely noticeable but it got worse. Now my characters move for up to 10 seconds after I let of a key.

I did the usual troubleshooting like reinstalling windows and the games, then I uninstalled the Xbox app because it helped a lot of people, but the problem still persists.

Any advice?

rracoon, May 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Strange persisting input lag ? bios, windows, in games - Similar Threads - Strange persisting input

2. Input lag from keyboard in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Input lag from keyboard in games: Hi If anyone can help me it would be great.... I upgraded to windows 11, 2 days ago and when i was finished installing and i started playing games i would get movement lagso when i press W it would only move 0.5seconds later or any key.... i have reinstalled and installed all...
  3. Input lag from keyboard in games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Input lag from keyboard in games: Hi If anyone can help me it would be great.... I upgraded to windows 11, 2 days ago and when i was finished installing and i started playing games i would get movement lagso when i press W it would only move 0.5seconds later or any key.... i have reinstalled and installed all...
  4. Keyboard input lag on a specic game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard input lag on a specic game: My case is a whole lot different compared to people saying they have keyboard input lag. So i play on PC a lot , some days before while playing fortnite , i noticed that when i press wasd keys , the character is taking no response , i change the poer , works for a few...
  5. Keyboard input lag on a specic game

Keyboard input lag on a specic game: My case is a whole lot different compared to people saying they have keyboard input lag. So i play on PC a lot , some days before while playing fortnite , i noticed that when i press wasd keys , the character is taking no response , i change the poer , works for a few...
  6. Keyboard input lag on heavier games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard input lag on heavier games: I get a very weird type of input lag whenever Im playing a heavier game such as valorant, or a light game like celeste with discord opened on the background. Whenever i press a key, SOMETIMES its takes around 0.2 seconds for it to react to my key press, and when i release a...
  7. Keyboard input lag on heavier games

Keyboard input lag on heavier games: I get a very weird type of input lag whenever Im playing a heavier game such as valorant, or a light game like celeste with discord opened on the background. Whenever i press a key, SOMETIMES its takes around 0.2 seconds for it to react to my key press, and when i release a...
  8. input lag + game minimizing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    input lag + game minimizing: how do i remove input lagrtx 2070 ,16gb ram , i7 8700k , logitech g403 ,Asus monitor 144hzwithout bordless gaming ,and on fullscreen game minimizing by self i dont want to play on bordless , want fullscreen but why minimizing ? submitted by /u/salvatoregucci [link]...
  9. in game keyboard input lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    in game keyboard input lag: Hi (not sure I am in the correct category but) my name is Zakaria El Aiassi; I have a problem that every time I play a game (like Roblox, Minecraft, fortnite, etc.) when I press WASD it lags to, either receive or stop 'pressing' when I'm not pressing any button. My game...
  10. Strange persisting input lag ? bios, windows, in games

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange persisting input lag ? bios, windows, in games: Hello Windows, After all, I have to say that I'm sorry if I did not post my thread on the right category, because I couldn't find the right one :/ My trouble is : Since 5 months now, I have a weird input lag with all my peripherals (mouse, controller, graphic tablet...) It...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. games and os on same drive input lag

2. keyboard input lag in game