Windows 10: Strange phone numbers accompany my text messages to the Philippines.

Discus and support Strange phone numbers accompany my text messages to the Philippines. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I text to the Philippines daily. Some of my messages are accompanied by a strange Philippine phone number. I do have screenshots. I've tried calling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 9Dvances, Oct 20, 2018.

1. 9Dvances Win User

Strange phone numbers accompany my text messages to the Philippines.

I text to the Philippines daily. Some of my messages are accompanied by a strange Philippine phone number. I do have screenshots. I've tried calling the numbers but I keep getting subscriber can't be reached. Has anyone ever seen this before? Or better yet does anyone know where the numbers are coming from? I am using a VPN service. This is really puzzling me and it's worrying my friend. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

:)

9Dvances, Oct 20, 2018
  2. OrbitzXT Win User

How to send an email that a phone receives as a text?

At my office, we want to have the ability to communicate with our electricians who are fairly low tech people. They don't check emails often, but text messaging would work fine for our need. I know with Verizon and Sprint you can using the text messaging app on the phone to text an email, and then if you reply to say L: 9995724770@VTEXT.COM that email will go to the phone as a text message.

Short of having all the electricians text an email to get these addresses, is there an easier way to go about this? I've never really dealt with mass texting before. Is say a Droid phone capable of sending a text to 40 people?

OrbitzXT, Oct 20, 2018
  3. How do I send a text message to a contact's "mobile2" number?

Yes, it is an issue. See
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp8-wptext/sms-with-two-number-listed-in-contact/6eb86cac-9c8c-45ff-ae71-7dc0245719a7

Unless someone else has found a different way, all I do is copy the mobile2 number and go to messaging and add a new text message and paste the mobile2 number. So, suggest putting in as a feature request.

Chris Trabing, Oct 20, 2018
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Microsoft account and phone number linked

Microsoft sends a text to the phone number with a code that you then have to enter to recover your password. They have to be able to receive the actual text message, not just have the phone number.

NavyLCDR, Oct 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Strange phone numbers accompany my text messages to the Philippines. - Similar Threads - Strange phone numbers

2. Unable to send text messages not emails via computer to phone numbers that aren't in my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to send text messages not emails via computer to phone numbers that aren't in my...: I'm wanting to use Phone Link on my computer to text to clients/people.HOWEVER, in the computer app, when I enter a phone number that isn't saved into my contact list, it comes up with 'No Results Found' at the top, and I am unable to click the 'send' button as it is greyed...
  3. Unable to send text messages not emails via computer to phone numbers that aren't in my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to send text messages not emails via computer to phone numbers that aren't in my...: I'm wanting to use Phone Link on my computer to text to clients/people.HOWEVER, in the computer app, when I enter a phone number that isn't saved into my contact list, it comes up with 'No Results Found' at the top, and I am unable to click the 'send' button as it is greyed...
  4. Microsoft not sending Text Message Verification on my number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft not sending Text Message Verification on my number: Hello,My account was blocked by Microsoft for I don't know the reason. When I try to login, I got redirect to "Help us secure your account" page. after that I need to Verify my account, and insert last 4 digit of my phone number, when I send the code, I don't receive any...
  5. Microsoft not sending Text Message Verification on my number

Microsoft not sending Text Message Verification on my number: Hello,My account was blocked by Microsoft for I don't know the reason. When I try to login, I got redirect to "Help us secure your account" page. after that I need to Verify my account, and insert last 4 digit of my phone number, when I send the code, I don't receive any...
  6. Phone Link duplicates my outgoing text message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link duplicates my outgoing text message: I've been through all the troubleshooting tips and even recently reinstalled Windows 11. When I send a text through the Phone Link app, it duplicates whatever I send....
  7. Phone Link duplicates my outgoing text message

Phone Link duplicates my outgoing text message: I've been through all the troubleshooting tips and even recently reinstalled Windows 11. When I send a text through the Phone Link app, it duplicates whatever I send....
  8. Phone Link duplicates my outgoing text message

9. Your Phone app: text messaging

Your Phone app: text messaging: I installed Your Phone app on my pc Windows 10 & Your Phone Companion on my android 9 Moto X4 phone. Everything is synched & working except I cannot send texts from the pc. I can receive texts on the pc, & when I send a text from my phone, the text is mirrored on the pc's...
  10. Your Phone App - Text Message - Entering multi Phone numbers via copy list of phone numbers...

Your Phone App - Text Message - Entering multi Phone numbers via copy list of phone numbers...: Hi Everyone, I am a committee member at a tennis club. I often need to send single texts to multiple people. I currently have a spreadsheet with peoples names. If I send an email I can just simply copy and past email addresses into the "To" field in an email message...