Windows 10: Strange phones in network

Discus and support Strange phones in network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [img] I am getting strange phones showing up in my network. My wife's computer, now win10, is showing them also. The networks is on a router with all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Madness10, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Madness10 Win User

Strange phones in network

Strange phones in network [​IMG]
    I am getting strange phones showing up in my network. My wife's computer, now win10, is showing them also. The networks is on a router with all encryption on. My router does not show them, but they are on the network. When this happens, it's hard to see each others computer. Sometimes after refreshing a multiple times, the phone is not there and sometimes can see each other's computer. I have switched the workgroup name and the router password and still the same. Has anyone else experience this problem?

:)

Madness10, Dec 30, 2015
  2. phones Win User

activesync via bluetooth for imate PDAL

Hello,

I discovered your post in search of a solution to the EXACT same problem, you have described. I too, have a Sprint Mogul running Windows Mobile 6 and ActiveSync 4.5. I was able to use Blutooth ActiveSync successful with my Dell Inspiron 6400/E1505 notebook,
    which had a built-in Toshiba Bluetooth module and used the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack. However there were conflicts with a particular bluetooth barcode scanner I wanted to use and the Toshiba bluetooth stack. The manufacturer stated that I would have to uninstall
    the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack and install the Win XP embedded Bluetooth Stack or another more compatible stack. So, I purchased a Zoom bluetooth dongle and installed the IVT
    BlueSoleil version 3.2.2.8 stack manager that came with the dongle. I was able to get two other devices to work in bluetooth mode, but could no longer use ActiveSnyc to syncronize my Sprint PPC-6800
    Mogul Pocket PC with bluetooth.

I liked the BlueSoleil software and after much trial and error have determined that the PDA finds BlueSoeil (serial port), which only shaows the available sevices as "Personal Area Networking" and "Object Push", which is like ActiveSync. There is no serial
    port service listed as available. It appears that the PDA finds Bluesoleil, but is not translated to an ActiveSync serial port, even if both ports match.

I uninstalled IVT BlueSoleil 3228 and have now installed their
    newest version BlueSoleil 5.05. As before all other bluetooth devices work fine, but not ActiveSync. I have tried and re-tried the many scenarios that were listed in other posts, but remain unsuccessful.

Please reply with any progress you may have accomplished in making an AvtiveSync bluetooth connection.

Thank You,

Tony

phones, Dec 30, 2015
  3. strangely

are both phones on the same network ? some networks don't release all firmware upgrades, some even realise their own strange variants,

maverickg---01, Dec 30, 2015
  4. Strange phones in network

I am interested in this too, I always get different devices on my network.

RealPetChicken, Dec 30, 2015
  5. bro67 Win User
    The first media device is your Samsung Blu-Ray player (search engines are great tools). The other one is what appears to be an Acer Tablet or some other Android tablet.

Again Search engines are great tools, same as the fact that knowing what electronic items are left on standby that are plugged in and the wireless or wired network is sending them a ping to see if they are still online.

Nothing more to see here, time to move on. Remember Search engines are always the first tool if you cannot find the device in your home, which is usually buried under a stack of mail or tossed under a piece of furniture.

bro67, Dec 30, 2015
  6. I noticed the same thing on my Comcast service. I switched out their modem/router/WiFi for one I bought and haven't seen that since.

abenavraham, Dec 31, 2015
  7. Madness10 Win User
    First of all, I know what the Blu Ray device is as well as all the other devices. Second,I have searched the web for the different phones that appears and not of phones and/or tablets are what appears. You need to move on if you can give some kind of sound advice instead of telling somebody to search the web.

Madness10, Dec 31, 2015
  8. Madness10 Win User

No I dont. I have a Netgear router, my own router.

Madness10, Dec 31, 2015
  9. Madness10 Win User
    I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Madness10, Dec 31, 2015
  10. PJLLB Win User
    Has a smart phone connected to your WiFi network recently?

PJLLB, Dec 31, 2015
  11. Madness10 Win User
    None out of the ordinary. Only the 2 my wife and I have which are both samsungs. I might have found a solution though. It looks like it might be part of the MS problem with the networking and the newest patch. I went to this site, http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...3-3751499f2430 to find a solution to the missing networked computers and did what a couple of the posters did, and now I haven't seen any phones at all and all my computers shows up now.
    sc.exe config lanmanworkstation depend= bowser/mrxsmb10/nsi
    sc.exe config mrxsmb20 start= disabled

Try the following. On every computer in the workgroup go to:

Settings->Network & Internet->Ethernet->Change Advanced Sharing Options
    and check
    Use User Accounts and passwords to connect to other computers

Of course, read the warning above that checkbox.

Madness10, Dec 31, 2015
  12. Madness10 Win User
    Read post 9, I may have found a solution

Madness10, Dec 31, 2015
  13. Madness10 Win User

UPDATE. While the workarounds did fix the problem with the network seeing other computers, it DID NOT fix the strange phones coming up in the network. Let me reiterate. The phones are NOT showing up in my router, only in the network screen.

Madness10, Dec 31, 2015
  14. DoItJust Win User
    I see the same thing on my network. I'm on a wired connection to the router and the phone, three or four different ones, one at a time, is not connected to the router. I'm using MAC filters to let only known devices connect to the router and the mysterious phones are not seen anywhere but in the network view of my Win10 computer. Today it was a HTC One M8*Smile

DoItJust, Dec 31, 2015
  15. bro67 Win User
    MAC filters is incorrect in the solution. If a computer is not seeing other computers on the network, first thing is to make sure any third party Internet security is not at fault. The other is that Windows 10 has a bad habit since the beginning with not seeing all computers in Windows, by you are able to see them in Command.

bro67, Jan 1, 2016
Thema:

1. Strange phones in network - Similar Threads - Strange phones network

2. Strange behavior in my network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange behavior in my network: Strange situation. My entire home network which is connected via LAN does not work anymore. WLAN works. My computer, where the screen turned off cause the inactivity, is no longer responding. After I turned off my computer hard, the whole lan goes again. Anyone an idea what...
  3. REALLY strange network problems.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    REALLY strange network problems.: I found out this Microsoft forums thing, and now I am asking like everything here. Another question of mine, except, this one isn't really stupid... Ok, now I know this question is asked a TON. So much. But for me it's different. I tried EVERYTHING, my computer is on...
  4. a strange network problem

a strange network problem: I ran into a problem last week with my network radio app. My network is sharing a remote router signal. I have a Ubiquiti PBE-M2 400 connecting wirelessly to the remote router. It is connected via ethernet to my wifi router. When I login to the PBE thru my router wifi with my...
  5. a strange network problem

in Windows 10 Support
    a strange network problem: I ran into a problem last week with my network radio app. My network is sharing a remote router signal. I have a Ubiquiti PBE-M2 400 connecting wirelessly to the remote router. It is connected via ethernet to my wifi router. When I login to the PBE thru my router wifi with my...
  6. Strange list of available network

Strange list of available network: Hi, In the past year of so, despite keeping the Window software and all the drivers up to date, I loose network connection on my Acer Switch Alpha 12 tablet semi-daily. To get connected Window Key+I-> reset network or Trouble Shoot Network is the remedy. My ADSL WIFI is...
  7. Sharing Networking Strange Episode

Sharing Networking Strange Episode: This is just a report of my truly strange four-hour afternoon that finally resulted in success. Thanks to several people here, a day to two ago, I was finally able to access one computer from the other, so long as network passwords were disabled. I remembered that one step...
  8. Network Share Inconsistency - Strange

Network Share Inconsistency - Strange: I have a home workgroup with a cable modem, router, and two computers, call them A and B. A has a network share, which used to be visible on the network to computer B. A few months ago that stopped working. I checked the network settings on both computers (tcp/ip...
  9. strange network problem

strange network problem: having changed location to a small office after having a talktalk connection which worked OK. I am now connected 4 PCs through a Switch and shared a printer without any problems as the Internet was from a Public connection in the same building each machine having its own wifi...
  10. Strange network issue

Strange network issue: I have an odd problem here. Windows 10 Home WD MyBook Live Windows user account: Microsoft User Account MyBook Live user network share set up with username and password I'm able to browse to the folders on the MyBook live through the Network icon on my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 strange phones network