Windows 10: Strange pop up from Netzero.

Discus and support Strange pop up from Netzero. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Seen this [Opening merge] pop up that was highly aggressive in trying to get me to open or save File. 70 bytes from he.lijit.com. I would close it and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by meebers, Aug 29, 2019.

1. meebers Win User

Strange pop up from Netzero.

Seen this [Opening merge] pop up that was highly aggressive in trying to get me to open or save File. 70 bytes from he.lijit.com. I would close it and it would come back immediately. Somebody with a "lijit" in their address probably is not???? Did all my scans anyways, no detection. Anybody seen this???

:)

meebers, Aug 29, 2019
  2. denmarfl Win User

Netzero Mail with Windows 10 Mail App

Does anyone know all the correct Incoming/outgoing server configurations, security requirements to be checked/not checked so I can configure my Netzero POP mail to work in the Windows10 Mail App.

Using this apps auto creation....does NOT properly configure Netzero mail.

denmarfl, Aug 29, 2019
  3. denmarfl Win User
    Netzero Mail with Windows 10 Mail App

Netzero is both an Internet Provider, and, Email provider. I have had a netzero email since 1986....Netzero provides and supports this POP email service. I have been using Outlook, Windows Live Mail, Windows mail....to Fetch\Send my netzero mail.....but
    now I am using, hoping to use, the Windows10 Mail App.

Using the Auto setup, entering ID and Password, the Netzero acct does get created....in Win App...but it does not fetch/Send messages...so for Netzero that feature of Win10 App is flawed. When I try to create my Netzero mail acct using the Manual process....the
    conflagration windows presented are not at all the same as in Outlook, Win Live Mail, etc.

For instance, past Outlook, Live Mail...etc, you had the More Setting which provided tabs, (General\Outgoing Server\Advanced)...especially the Advanced tabs required Port numbers, checking or unchecking security requirements , etc..... the Win10 APP has
    nothing similar...for the mostpart.

denmarfl, Aug 29, 2019
  4. Strange pop up from Netzero.

NetZero launches broadband service

NetZero has been known for selling low priced dial-up internet service. NetZero has seen massive declines in dial-up subscriptions, all of which have turned into broadband subscriptions offered by competitors. NetZero has made a partnership with Verizon to offer low priced DSL service. Anyone who can get a Verizon connection can get a NetZero connection. NetZero offers 768Kb/s DSL for $14.99 a month as a promotional offer, and then charges $19.99 a month. They also offer a 1.5Mb/s service for $19.99 a month as a promotional offer, and then charge $29.99 a month. NetZero requires a six month contract with its services.

Source: CNET

zekrahminator, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

Strange pop up from Netzero.

1. Strange pop up from Netzero. - Similar Threads - Strange pop Netzero

2. Strange error pops up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange error pops up.: First this happened with me :- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-strange-file-opens-every-time-i-startrestart-my/ca7a3e6e-74d6-4b6b-b572-a7ea7980b854 my filename was "Aaradhya"As the answer suggested, I delted that file.but after deletion, this error...
  3. Strange error pops up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange error pops up.: First this happened with me :- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-strange-file-opens-every-time-i-startrestart-my/ca7a3e6e-74d6-4b6b-b572-a7ea7980b854 my filename was "Aaradhya"As the answer suggested, I delted that file.but after deletion, this error...
  4. Strange Pop-Up - Possible Virus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange Pop-Up - Possible Virus: This box started popping up on my screen. I click the X to close it but it pops up again a few minutes later. Is it a virus? How do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-pop-up-possible-virus/d7c800a9-f13b-40da-89dd-36a3a24415d0
  5. Strange Pop-Up - Possible Virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange Pop-Up - Possible Virus: This box started popping up on my screen. I click the X to close it but it pops up again a few minutes later. Is it a virus? How do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-pop-up-possible-virus/d7c800a9-f13b-40da-89dd-36a3a24415d0
  6. Strange Pop-Up - Possible Virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. strange pop ups

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    strange pop ups: Hi![ATTACH] every time i restart my windows 10 pc i get this pop up. i cant understand what it says but after some time it just disappears https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-pop-ups/d4b67631-0c75-4436-bbbd-260e7eaf9f28"
  8. Strange pop up at start up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange pop up at start up: Hello, Whenever I first start up windows 10, something pops up and disappears very quickly by the start button. I’ve managed to get a couple of screen grabs and interested if anyone can shed any light (it pops up above the start button, enlarges, shrinks, then disappears,...
  9. Strange pop up window

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange pop up window: ***moved on english forum**** Hello! This window keeps popping up on my screen, and has been doing so for some time. It overrides anything else I have open and it's quite difficult to close. Doesn't look very legitimate to me... Do you know what it is? Any advice on how...
  10. Strange pop up

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange pop up: Hi folks. I just started noticing an unusual occurrence on my windows 10 machine. It started about a month ago. I can not pin point the start of the issue to a specific post install. I will tell you that my machine is up to date with virus and maleware protection. Up to date...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. antivirus popups on netzero

2. pop virus on screen after trying to log in to netzero email