Windows 10: Strange pop up

Discus and support Strange pop up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi folks. I just started noticing an unusual occurrence on my windows 10 machine. It started about a month ago. I can not pin point the start of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Juice, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Juice Win User

Strange pop up

Hi folks. I just started noticing an unusual occurrence on my windows 10 machine. It started about a month ago. I can not pin point the start of the issue to a specific post install. I will tell you that my machine is up to date with virus and maleware protection. Up to date windows 10 also. I did a full virus and malware scan, nothing came up. I brought the machine to a very good repair facility and they did an eval for a modem software problem. I asked them to run full scans with their programs. They came up with nothing also. At the time I did not ask them about the pop up problem. What I am getting is what looks like a command line window that runs anywhere from 2 line to ten lines of instruction. The whole thing executes in 1/10 of a second. It's blur fast. This happens randomly about every 45 minutes. I don't have any noticeable issues with the machine. My modem software is resolved.
    IS Windows 10 running something sporadically?

Thanks

:)

Juice, Jan 30, 2016
  2. Maria K' Win User

Strange pop-up

Hello Dianaaaaaaaaaa,

Thank you for posting in the community.

These type of pop up messages is just a type of adverticement for the app or phishing ( depends what you are being asked after click on "yes")

I highly recommend you just ignore it as there is no virus on your phone if you have downloaded applications from store only. All unsupported file type are ignored by the phone and cannot be launched as system keeps them in quarantine.

Clear your browsing history and remove unneeded files. Apart of that pop up windows are common thing. Just do not install something you do not know.

Regards,

Maria

Maria K', Jan 30, 2016
  3. Strange pop-up

Today when I was browsing , I opened the diply site(which i visit everyday) and from nowhere a strange pop-up appeared saying that My windows phone is having a bad virus which can damage my personal data and my phone and I have to get rid off it... is
    it real or I just accidentally click one of the advertisement and it's a fake pop-up?

Dianaaaaaaaaaa, Jan 30, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Strange pop up

Describing the "strange popup". It may shed light on what it is.

davidhk, Jan 30, 2016
  5. Rudy Mas Win User
    That pop up problem. Is it a Command Prompt that sometimes opens, does something, and closes again?

Just asking, because that's the one I sometimes see. I never have the time to read what it is doing, but I also can't find any malware on my system. I think it's a maintenance thing, but I have no clue if it is something from Windows 10, or from some other piece of software that I'm running on my system.

Rudy Mas, Jan 30, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    Now that you have amended your original post, here is a question :

Which Windows 10 version do you have ?
    The most current Win 10 version is 10586.71

If you are not sure which, type winver in your search box and press Enter.

davidhk, Jan 30, 2016
  7. Juice Win User
    Hi Rudy. It is so fast I cant tell what it is. It looks like a typical black command line window with the small font white text. Lines are added blur fast then the window closes. Nothing changes in my session. No data loss, no visual changes, no redirects. Everything seems fine.

Juice, Jan 30, 2016
  8. Juice Win User

Strange pop up

Hi davidhk. I hit the enter key before I finished the original post. oops.

Version 1511 OS build 10586.71

Juice, Jan 30, 2016
  9. davidhk Win User
    Thank you. You have the current version.
    The strange popup you encountered is a black and white command prompt. Quite a while back we had that issue but it was quickly fixed by an update. I didn't figure it would reappear.
    Please make sure you have all the updates installed.
    Other than that, I have no solution for you.
    Sorry.

davidhk, Jan 30, 2016
  10. Rudy Mas Win User
    Same here. I can't see what it is doing, but it doesn't seem to harm my system.

If I ever find out, I'll let you know.

Rudy Mas, Jan 30, 2016
  11. Juice Win User
    OK good info. Appears that it could be an issue with 10. I feel better knowing what the probable source is. I by preference update Microsoft manually on a daily basis. So not lacking there. I will need to keep digging on this. Anyone else experience this?

Thanks

Juice, Jan 30, 2016
  12. Rudy Mas Win User
    I was in luck today. The command prompt popped up again today, when my system was doing some Prime number calculations, and because of this, the command prompt stayed open a bit longer than normal.

The program that is being run, is usoclient.exe. It's installed in the Windows\System32 folder.

I did a quick search with Google, but couldn't really find good information about it. At least, now we know what is being run, we only have to figure out what it does. *Smile

UPDATE:

I found a website where there was some information about it. USO stands for Update Session Orchestrator.

According to the information I found, it could be a new update mechanisme that is being used by Microsoft.

Rudy Mas, Jan 31, 2016
  13. Juice Win User

Strange pop up

Nice work RM! Now I have something to chew on for a while. I reinstalled 10 keeping drivers and settings, no joy.

I still would like to hear from any one that gets pertinent information on this.

Thanks all

Thanks RM

Cheers,

Juice, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Strange pop up

1. Strange pop up - Similar Threads - Strange pop

2. Strange error pops up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange error pops up.: First this happened with me :- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-strange-file-opens-every-time-i-startrestart-my/ca7a3e6e-74d6-4b6b-b572-a7ea7980b854 my filename was "Aaradhya"As the answer suggested, I delted that file.but after deletion, this error...
  3. Strange error pops up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange error pops up.: First this happened with me :- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-strange-file-opens-every-time-i-startrestart-my/ca7a3e6e-74d6-4b6b-b572-a7ea7980b854 my filename was "Aaradhya"As the answer suggested, I delted that file.but after deletion, this error...
  4. My laptop suddenly started making some strange popping-cracking sounds, and later it lower...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop suddenly started making some strange popping-cracking sounds, and later it lower...: My laptop suddenly started making some strange popping-cracking sounds, and later it lower to buzzing sound. What could be the issue? What should I do for this?...
  5. My laptop suddenly started making some strange popping-cracking sounds, and later it lower...

My laptop suddenly started making some strange popping-cracking sounds, and later it lower...: My laptop suddenly started making some strange popping-cracking sounds, and later it lower to buzzing sound. What could be the issue? What should I do for this?...
  6. Strange blank pop up window upon boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange blank pop up window upon boot up: Hi there something pretty strange happened today after starting my laptop and logging in a brief pop up window appeared it happened very fast to fast to get what is going on. I understand that is not enough information but that is all I got for now. This issue does not happen...
  7. Strange blank pop up window upon boot up

Strange blank pop up window upon boot up: Hi there something pretty strange happened today after starting my laptop and logging in a brief pop up window appeared it happened very fast to fast to get what is going on. I understand that is not enough information but that is all I got for now. This issue does not happen...
  8. Strange Pop-Up - Possible Virus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange Pop-Up - Possible Virus: This box started popping up on my screen. I click the X to close it but it pops up again a few minutes later. Is it a virus? How do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-pop-up-possible-virus/d7c800a9-f13b-40da-89dd-36a3a24415d0
  9. Strange Pop-Up - Possible Virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange Pop-Up - Possible Virus: This box started popping up on my screen. I click the X to close it but it pops up again a few minutes later. Is it a virus? How do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-pop-up-possible-virus/d7c800a9-f13b-40da-89dd-36a3a24415d0
  10. Strange Pop-Up - Possible Virus