Windows 10: Strange popup screen when creating a Macrium Rescue boot drive

Discus and support Strange popup screen when creating a Macrium Rescue boot drive in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; This is odd. I got a message saying Macrium Reflect v7 would keep existing partitions on a standard removeable usb flash drive (with CU Windows can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by cereberus, May 10, 2017.

1. cereberus Win User

Strange popup screen when creating a Macrium Rescue boot drive

This is odd. I got a message saying Macrium Reflect v7 would keep existing partitions on a standard removeable usb flash drive (with CU Windows can access more than one partition now).

This was despite drive being wiped as you can see.

So I created a partition about half the size of the drive and copied some files to it.

Then I continued, expecting to see a new partition created, keeping one I had created, but it got wiped and Macrium was installed in existing partition.

Strange popup screen when creating a Macrium Rescue boot drive [​IMG]

So I tried again, and wiped drive and create two partitions. First was empty FAT32, second NTFS had some files.

I expected it to either wipe drive completely, or write it to first FAT32 partition.

Imagine my surprise when it left first blank partition alone and wiped second NTFS partition with files in it!

So basically that pop up screen is lying - LOL!

:)

cereberus, May 10, 2017
  2. johnptd Win User

Blue Screen Error 'PC/device needs to be repaired file:/BCD error code:0xc000000d'

Brittany,

I just fixed an error like that on a Dell Inspiron yesterday. The best and easiest tool for fixing this is to use Macrium Reflect's Rescue Media. It has a "Fix Windows Boot Problems" option. This is what you have to do:

1. Download the "free" version of Macrium Reflect from here:

Download Macrium Reflect Free

2. Install it on a working computer and create the Rescue Media (Create Rescue Media). Make sure you set it to use
    Windows PE version 10. If it has not picked that, click the "Change PE Version" and select PE version 10. You can create the Rescue Media on either a CD or a USB Flash drive although a USB Flash drive would be better and you
    only need a minimum of a 1GB drive.

3. Once the Rescue Media is created, you need to start your problem laptop with the Rescue Media connected to it and change where you are booting from. As soon as you press the power button on the laptop, continually press the "F12" key.
    This will allow you to access the Boot Options screen to modify from where your laptop will boot. It should eventually give you a list of devices to boot from. Select the USB Flash drive which contains the Rescue Media. Use the keyboard arrow keys to get to
    the correct line and then {Enter} to select it. Once selected, it should then boot into Macrium Reflect running off the USB drive.

4. Follow the instructions on this page (How to fix Windows Boot problems) to perform the repair.

Good luck,

JohnD

johnptd, May 10, 2017
  3. Strange "C Missing" in Restore window

Results of testing Acronis clone and Image restore.

Boot SSD 1 – verified that there is no C Missing.

Created a second restore point for this drive.

Wipe SSD 2.

Clone SSD 1 to SSD 2 using Acronis 2016 booted from Rescue USB.

Boot from SSD 2.

C Missing exists on SSD 2

System Protection turned OFF for C System.

System Protection ON for C Missing.

Wipe SSD 2.

Image SSD1 to External backup drive using Acronis 2016 booted from Rescue USB.

Restore image from external drive to SSD2 with Acronis 2016 booted from Rescue USB.

Boot SSD2.

System Protection turned OFF for C System.

System Protection turned ON for C Missing.

My Results of testing;

Macrium clone creates C Missing folder on cloned drive.

Macrium Image restore does NOT create C Missing on imaged drive

Acronis clone creates C Missing folder on cloned drive.

Acronis image restore creates C Missing on imaged drive.

Turning Protection OFF on C Missing removes it from System Protection window.

Must turn protection on for C System.

These are my results - Others may have different results.

snifferpro, May 10, 2017
Thema:

Strange popup screen when creating a Macrium Rescue boot drive

1. Strange popup screen when creating a Macrium Rescue boot drive - Similar Threads - Strange popup screen

2. Low Screen Resolution When Booting into Macrium Reflect Free Rescue

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Low Screen Resolution When Booting into Macrium Reflect Free Rescue: Greetings, Using MR v7.2.5107 on a Windows 19041.508 Home PC with a Nvidia GeForce GT705 / Intel HD Graphics 4600, when I boot to MR Rescue, I only get 800 x 600 screen resolution - no other higher resolution options. Windows 10 resolution is 1920 x 1080 and works fine. This...
  3. Macrium Rescue USB Won't Boot

Macrium Rescue USB Won't Boot: Today I received a new Alienware r11 PC, UEFI Firmware. I created a Macrium Rescue USB but when I tried to boot from it the option wasn't available. I've disable Secure Boot but other then that I've done nothing to the firmware since this is my first UEFI PC. These are the...
  4. Macrium Rescue USB Won't Boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrium Rescue USB Won't Boot: Today I received a new Alienware r11 PC, UEFI Firmware. I created a Macrium Rescue USB but when I tried to boot from it the option wasn't available. I've disable Secure Boot but other then that I've done nothing to the firmware since this is my first UEFI PC. These are the...
  5. Problem Creating Macrium Rescue USB Flash Drive

Problem Creating Macrium Rescue USB Flash Drive: Each of the Flash Drives i have tried, it gives an error, or won't create on the Drive. PC is Uefi, Windows 10 Pro 1909 x64, Windows 10 Clean installed on 12/25/2019 on newer SSD drive. Tried to create the usb flash drive then, but wouldn't create. Thankfully i only restore...
  6. Creating rescue media with Macrium Reflect

Creating rescue media with Macrium Reflect: I just ran Macrium Reflect to build rescue media on a Windows 10 laptop. In Other Tasks -> Create Rescue Media, I selected Windows Boot Menu, checked Add boot menu, and clicked Build. After the operation ended successfully, I looked to see if Macrium had created a new...
  7. Selecting a Device when using Macrium Reflect to Create Rescue Media

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Selecting a Device when using Macrium Reflect to Create Rescue Media: I am attempting to back up my recently purchased Dell i3690, (which uses win365) using Macrium Reflect. I’m a total novice, and wish I could find a Macrium for dummies document. Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect is an excellent choice, but Macrium has made changes and...
  8. Macrium Reflect - Create a Rescue Partition

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Macrium Reflect - Create a Rescue Partition: How to: Macrium Reflect - Create a Rescue Partition This tutorial will show how to create a small Macrium Reflect Recovery Partition and add it to Windows 10 Boot Menu. In case of emergency, user can boot to Macrium Rescue environment and fix Windows boot issues, or restore...
  9. Creating rescue media for Macrium Reflect

Creating rescue media for Macrium Reflect: hi, Does Macrium clean USB flash drive before creating rescue media? 114295
  10. Problems creating a rescue media for Macrium Reflect

Problems creating a rescue media for Macrium Reflect: Hello again, On creating a USB rescue media the following error message popped up: The USB disk contains the maximum number of partitions allowed. Please try a different USB disk or remove partitions. The USB stick I wanted for the rescue media is a 16 GB Lexar and...