Windows 10: Strange Popup Showing on the windows screen.

Discus and support Strange Popup Showing on the windows screen. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, I bought this laptop roughly two weeks ago and I have been seeing random and useless popups on the bottom right corner of the windows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Gurnoor ., Sep 19, 2022.

1. Gurnoor . Win User

Strange Popup Showing on the windows screen.

Hello Everyone, I bought this laptop roughly two weeks ago and I have been seeing random and useless popups on the bottom right corner of the windows screen. I've attached the pictures for reference. Further, after clicking on the popup, different links open which show different content regarding subscribing to McAfee Antivirus, Other viruses, and sometimes dead links. I'm guessing that the laptop has virus, but I don't know what kind of virus it holds. If anyone has any ideas, Please share your knowledge and provide feedback. Thanks.The links that open:

:)

Gurnoor ., Sep 19, 2022
  2. Jsssssssss, Sep 19, 2022
  3. EDGE strange popup

I've been recommended to use edge on this forum and I have a strange popup, how to disable it ?

lindmonday, Sep 19, 2022
  4. blueworld Win User

File Explorer jump list doesn't consistently show location popups

Thanks for your reply.

Whatever "it" is exactly, all I know is, it does not behave consistently. This is so across multiple systems. Also, it isn't just recent items, but pinned items that fail to produce the popup on mouse over (when they should).

If the File Explorer setting you're referring to is "Show pop-up description for folder and desktop items," I already have that turned on.

Based on my tests, I tend to think this is a bug. Did you try reproducing it?

1. Right click File Explorer in taskbar to open the jump list.
    2. Mouse over any of the pinned or recent folders and see if the popup with the location path appears (as shown in the screenshot with the original post).
    3. If it does appear, close out of the jump list by left clicking anywhere outside of it.
    4. Repeat steps 1-3 until you find the popups not appearing. In my experience, it always occurs, even if not right away. And all too often when I need them most.

blueworld, Sep 19, 2022
Thema:

1. Strange Popup Showing on the windows screen. - Similar Threads - Strange Popup Showing

2. Jack popup not showing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Jack popup not showing?: I have checked every other ansewer, yet I have gotten no ability of it working, I checked my control panel, I cannot even find REALTek on it, tried right clicking the sound icon on my tray, no properties button, tried using task manager enabling it on start, I still can't pop...
  3. Jack popup not showing?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Jack popup not showing?: I have checked every other ansewer, yet I have gotten no ability of it working, I checked my control panel, I cannot even find REALTek on it, tried right clicking the sound icon on my tray, no properties button, tried using task manager enabling it on start, I still can't pop...
  4. Strange MainWindow popup in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange MainWindow popup in the taskbar: Hello there.Somehow while I've been using my Nitro 5 laptop, there's suddenly a "MainWindow" pop-up in the taskbar almost every time I start my laptop.This is how it looks like, however, it took me a few attempts to take a screenshot due to once it has shown, it just...
  5. Strange MainWindow popup in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange MainWindow popup in the taskbar: Hello there.Somehow while I've been using my Nitro 5 laptop, there's suddenly a "MainWindow" pop-up in the taskbar almost every time I start my laptop.This is how it looks like, however, it took me a few attempts to take a screenshot due to once it has shown, it just...
  6. Strange MainWindow popup in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Strange Popup - Windows 10 User

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange Popup - Windows 10 User: I have a home user on Windows 10. He frequently receives the following popup: [ATTACH] The occurrence of the popup is not consistent. He may see it after logging into the pc or just while accessing Outlook, Word, Firefox, etc. When it appears, his mouse cursor is...
  8. Strange popup screen when creating a Macrium Rescue boot drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Strange popup screen when creating a Macrium Rescue boot drive: This is odd. I got a message saying Macrium Reflect v7 would keep existing partitions on a standard removeable usb flash drive (with CU Windows can access more than one partition now). This was despite drive being wiped as you can see. So I created a partition about...
  9. Strange Popup

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange Popup: Hi all, for the last week I get the below popup about 2 to 3 times a day. any one know what is going on? [img] 92522
  10. Strange font on some windows popup

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange font on some windows popup: Hello. I upgraded to windows 10 and for example when i delete some files form recicle bin the windows popup have a strange font like this How can i solve thanks 12502