Windows 10: Strange problem after booting computer

Discus and support Strange problem after booting computer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ok so i have been running Windows 10 for a while now and after a few teething problems that were soon sorted out, i have found it to ok and i quite... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sam02, Aug 25, 2015.

1. sam02 Win User

Strange problem after booting computer

Ok so i have been running Windows 10 for a while now and after a few teething problems that were soon sorted out, i have found it to ok and i quite like it

Last night when i turned the computer off it was running fine, but this morning on booting quite a few problems happened.

First the screen resolution was altered there were very large icons on the desktop

My Google chrome browser had lost all my saved favourites websites and it started as if it was a new install

The computer was so slow it took 2 or 3 minutes to open a webpage or a app

Also all my login details for website were gone

I solved it by reverting back to a backup i had made two day ago, the computer is now running ok again

The only thing i changed on the computer in the two days since i made the backup was i installed and run CCleaner

Ps yesterday Kaspersky 2016 flashed on the screen my my network was insecure but then went straight off before i could read it all

:)

sam02, Aug 25, 2015

2. BSOD if restart computer showing fvevol.sys is the problem

Thank you for your reply.

After a successful boot up I wanted to provide you with a screen shot so I restarted the computer.

Well guess what, it restarted with no problem!

It is strange that it is not consistent but I'll post a screenshot the next time it happens.

Best wishes

hongkongpom, Aug 25, 2015
  3. ShaneM88 Win User
    Windows Shortcut Keys

Hello,

This issue is strange, when the computer boots up (for the first time or after a reboot) the win+r shortcut does function as it is supposed to. But then every attempt of pressing the win+r keys after that does not work at all until either the next boot (cold
    or warm).

Any ideas?

Shane

ShaneM88, Aug 25, 2015
  4. swarfega Win User

May have been the antivirus software doing something to the network.

Everything ok now?

swarfega, Aug 25, 2015
  5. sam02 Win User
    Yes all is well now running fine, just glad i had a recent image of the OS to fall back on

Thank you

sam02, Aug 25, 2015
  6. seking Win User
    Can you give a detailed step by step procedure for restoring from backed up image. I am not able to restore from an image i made on my external hard disk. Mine is a tablet PC two in one. There is no Cd Rom

seking, Aug 25, 2015
  7. simrick Win User
    Hi.
    Just want to mention, I have read several people here saying Google Chrome x64 is having problems with W10 right now, and they recommend removing it, and using the 32-bit version, which seems to perform fine.

Also, using a backup program like Macrium Reflect Free, you can create rescue media in several different ways: CD, ISO and USB. (Helpful in setups without CD drives.)

simrick, Aug 25, 2015
  8. Strange problem after booting computer

I always have issues when I use ccleaner... it works with windows 7 and 8.1 and claims to work with 10 but like I said I always had issues after using it... made things worse

icpwolverine, Aug 25, 2015
  9. I use ccleaner but I have most items unchecked for browsers.
    Strange problem after booting computer [​IMG]

kcmichaelb, Aug 25, 2015
  10. sam02 Win User
    Hi seking;363169

I am sorry but i am not able to help you, the backup i used was one i had made earlier with Acronis True Image, when you use a program like Acronis it is easy to boot with a cd and just restore a image.

So sorry i dont know what sort of backup you are trying to use.

Sorry

sam02, Aug 25, 2015
  11. sam02 Win User
    Hi simrick i have Macrium reflect but i like Acronis but i might give Macrium another try

Ps i am using the 32 bit version of Chrome

sam02, Aug 25, 2015
  12. sam02 Win User
    I have had problems in the past but i thought it might be better now

sam02, Aug 25, 2015
  13. sam02 Win User

I have had problems in the past but i thought it might be better now

Hi kcmichaelb when you use Ccleaner with the settings you have does it remove you saved bookmarks

sam02, Aug 25, 2015
  14. mrpumpkin Win User
    I had similar problems with chrome x64 on a late insider build (10074 or later). After a reboot or 2, it just kind of jacked everything up. After an uninstall, everything was OK. Never had any issues with CCleaner though.

mrpumpkin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Strange problem after booting computer - Similar Threads - Strange problem booting

2. Strange Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange Problem: The strangest thing just happened, I was trying to go into a zoom meeting but every time I clicked on the link, I got a download instead of new window to take me to the meeting. A moment later, I tried to copy the zoom link only to realize that the keyboard had stopped...
  3. Strange Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange Problem: The strangest thing just happened, I was trying to go into a zoom meeting but every time I clicked on the link, I got a download instead of new window to take me to the meeting. A moment later, I tried to copy the zoom link only to realize that the keyboard had stopped...
  4. Computer having many strange problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer having many strange problems: Hi, I've been having a lot of strange problems ever since I got my new computer back in January.At first I brushed off these problems since I thought I was either overthinking or mis-imagining the problems but in recent months they have gotten worse and worse.Firstly, I have...
  5. Strange script error on after boot-up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange script error on after boot-up: Today is turned my pc on and after windows stared up a frame appeared saying that a script error occurred. It was like this one https://www.windows10forums.com/attachments/1601384251878-png.12506/ except for the url which was...
  6. Strange issue with internet speed after boots

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange issue with internet speed after boots: Hey guys, So, I'm not really sure what's causing this issue. I have a 300mbp/s download and approximately 50mbp/s upload connection, but when I first boot up my machine, I'm getting somewhere around half, or less, of what I usually would. The only way I can rectify this is...
  7. Strange Pop up immediately after boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange Pop up immediately after boot: RunDLL There was a problem starting C:\Windows\System32\LogiDA.dll The specified module could not be found. This has just started showing up on my PC. Any references are to Windows 8 four years ago. I have Win 10 and have no idea what to do about this. As soon as I...
  8. Strange icon after restarting the computer ...

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange icon after restarting the computer ...: Guys, I'm using version 2024 (19041.450) and I got this icon instead of the Start icon ... [img] If I click on it normally, nothing happens ... if I click with the right button, I just have this little menu ... [img] I believe there must be some connection with the new...
  9. Strange boot problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange boot problem: I normally run my pc with two Samsung SSD drives, a 256gb 850EVO boot drive, and a 1tb 840EVO slave drive. Every so often I image one to the other using the Samsung cloning software. I now wanted to use the 1TB elsewhere so simply removed it. After doing so my PC now boots...
  10. Strange Dual-Boot Menu Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Strange Dual-Boot Menu Problem: I have a dual-boot problem. My desktop PC has two harddrives, Drive 0 and Drive 1. Drive 0 (my primary boot drive) has a single partition containing Windows 10 on Drive C:. Drive 1 has two partitions: a 100MB System Reserved partition containing the MBR, etc., and a large...