Windows 10: Strange Problem After Windows 10 2004 Update (Can't Download)

Discus and support Strange Problem After Windows 10 2004 Update (Can't Download) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was offered the Windows 10 2004 update from WU and the update went smooth and with no issues. But Now I can no longer download any file to my PC with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rezpower, Jun 18, 2020.

1. rezpower Win User

Strange Problem After Windows 10 2004 Update (Can't Download)

I was offered the Windows 10 2004 update from WU and the update went smooth and with no issues. But Now I can no longer download any file to my PC with any browser. My first experience was with VLC saying that a new version is available and I clicked on download and update. The download started normally but stopped at the end with an error that I don't remember. So I opened Edge (Chromium) and tried to download it directly from VLC website. On VLC site, clicked on download and my browser gives me the option to save the file and when I click on save the browser freezes with the save dialog box open. No way to cancel or close and after few minutes just a message (SAVE AS is not responding). The PC was in frozen state also and could not even open task manager. After reboot I tried to do the same thing with Firefox and had the same result!!

SFC and DISM are not finding any errors!

there is also a strange temp file on my desktop e832a733-5db8-4d84-96ad-7fb796bc10ef.tmp when I delete it it comes back!
    Maybe someone could give a look and see what it is!?

Here is a link to the tmp file:
    Dropbox - e832a733-5db8-4d84-96ad-7fb796bc10ef.tmp - Simplify your life

:)

rezpower, Jun 18, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 forced download

I actually had a client call yesterday with an email problem. when I tried walking him through some steps, he says "Yeah, I don't see that there, but I think it's because it's updated to windows 10. It did that a few weeks ago. I came back in on Monday, and it said Welcome to Windows 10"..... I think I'd throw the computer out the window.

Ahhzz, Jun 19, 2020
  3. m4gicfour Win User

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Jun 19, 2020
  4. Strange Problem After Windows 10 2004 Update (Can't Download)

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

Strange Problem After Windows 10 2004 Update (Can't Download)

1. Strange Problem After Windows 10 2004 Update (Can't Download) - Similar Threads - Strange Problem 2004

2. Can't download Windows 10 version 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't download Windows 10 version 2004: Hello. For a long time I have not been able to update the feature update to Windows 10, version 2004. Today, a message from Microsoft says my current version is reaching its end of service but I cannot get it to update. Help?...
  3. Update Problem Windows 10 2004

Update Problem Windows 10 2004: Hi Community! I have a problem with the updates. When I click update it says Cannot connect to the update server. May I know why is this happening? Is there a workaround anyway? Sorry for my bad english as this is not my native language. Shukraan lakum!...
  4. Problem updating to Windows 10 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem updating to Windows 10 2004: When i try to update from Update Center it all goes right until the machine starts rebooting and it freezes after the first reboot and it remains on a black screen after seeing the logo boot. Anyone had these problem? And should I add some other informations to my question?...
  5. Windows 10 2004 update problem

Windows 10 2004 update problem: The last weeks i am trying to update to Windows 10 2004. Current version is Windows 10 1909 Enterprise The problem is it keeps reverting the update because something went wrong. setuperr.log: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkoYG9N1rhczmSCqzamgGVsKy-0L?e=IlGtjd setupact.log...
  6. Can't Update to Windows 10 2004

Can't Update to Windows 10 2004: Hello. I can't update to version 2004 from 1903. The option comes up, but never installs. Please help if you can![ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-update-to-windows-10-2004/a0470fad-e27e-41bf-b490-c36b76d253d8
  7. problem after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    problem after 2004 update: after installed d 2004 update when settings opened its flickering and its not stable. please look into the issue. hope some one come with a solution. tq. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-after-2004-update/75d21e4c-a767-4941-911e-fccd49bb6820
  8. Can't update after 2004 update

Can't update after 2004 update: I have followed several different sets of instructions and twice ended up wiping my system clean. After each wipe, I install the latest version of windows 2004. A few days later, I check for updates and get the error message 0x80070424. Also, when I check my start/stop...
  9. Problems after update windows 10 version 2004

Problems after update windows 10 version 2004: Hello, I'm having some troubles after update a few days ago: Hibernate is not working, it just turn off my laptop. Sleep is making the system hang so I have to force shutdown with the power button. Normal shutdown takes a lot of time in comparison with the shutdown time...
  10. Problem after WINDOWS Ver 2004 UPDATE.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem after WINDOWS Ver 2004 UPDATE.: I UPDATED MY PC TO THE 2004 UPDATE FOR SLOW INSIDERS AND AFTER A WEEK MY PC TAKES UNUSUALLY LONG TIME TO BOOT. AFTER THAT INSTEAD OF SHOW THE LOGIN WINDOW IT SAYS THAT MY INSIDER BUILD HAS RUN INTO A PROBLEM AND NEEDS TO RESTART. I TRIED CHKDSK AND OTHER THINGS TOO. THE...