Windows 10: Strange problem of the sometimes broken key.

Discus and support Strange problem of the sometimes broken key. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I can't for the life of me figure this out. My Acer laptop recently stopped recognizing its C key entirely. I assumed the issue was hardware until the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mitch1832, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Strange problem of the sometimes broken key.

I can't for the life of me figure this out. My Acer laptop recently stopped recognizing its C key entirely. I assumed the issue was hardware until the other day when I noticed it works fine in minecraft still. I can type c all day there no problem. Any idea what causes this or how to fix it so I can go back to writing without copy/pasting C's all day.

submitted by /u/mitch1832
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mitch1832, Dec 3, 2019
  2. Pipps Win User

Is my graphics card broken?

UPDATE: Please see here.

I have a Sapphire HD 4830.

When I boot into XP all is initially fine and I am able to see the desktop.

However, when I click on the start bar and navigate a few steps, I receive an immediate white screen of death and a total irrecoverable lock-up.

I am confused about what this could mean and I would be grateful for any suggestions on the best course of action to test and repair the problem.

Does this sort of issue suggest that the graphics card is irretrievably broken?

Pipps, Dec 3, 2019
  3. milford Win User
    Strange Key Problem. Curious.

• P.S. Produkey is showing me a BIOS OEM key and a Windows 10 Home key. Both different.
    • Mabe I should quit while I'm ahead.

milford, Dec 3, 2019
  4. Sambat Win User

Strange problem of the sometimes broken key.

Strange boot problem

I am trying to get my head round the 6 steps above before having a go. If you can expand on them it may give me a bit more confidence. I cant lose the whole contents of my PC.
    Have attached details as you suggested.

Strange problem of the sometimes broken key. [​IMG]

Sambat, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

Strange problem of the sometimes broken key.

1. Strange problem of the sometimes broken key. - Similar Threads - Strange problem sometimes

2. Win key broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win key broken: Hello, My Windows Key is not working Whenever I click my windows button on the left bottom side it does nothing! Same with the cortana search bar, so therefore if i want to do ANYTHING i have to right-click the win button also, snip & sketch does not work....
  3. Keyboard and Mouse behaving strange sometimes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard and Mouse behaving strange sometimes: So two days ago, I was playing Counter-Strike. I left the game idle at the home screen for around 2 hours because I had some urgent work. When I came back, I closed the game and put my laptop on Sleep. I logged in again after 2 hours and found that something was wrong. At the...
  4. Strange login problem!

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange login problem!: Hey guys, my computer was working normally up to this morning when it restarted itself and now I cannot pass the lockscreen! The thing is the password is working but I always get back to the same screen where I have to enter password over and over again. I have lots of...
  5. Copy and Paste sometimes works, but is mostly broken.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copy and Paste sometimes works, but is mostly broken.: As the title states; my copy/paste feature is not working (not for files). For instance I was just trying to copy and paste a link from a browser to an application which resulted in this:...
  6. Handbrake -latest version sometimes broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Handbrake -latest version sometimes broken: Hi there Seems on W10 x-64 with latest updates the updated version of Handbrake sometimes crashes Works fine on Linux with same settings !!!! encoding the same file !!. Linux version HandBrake rev5474 (x86_64) Windows version 0.10.5.0 64 bit version...
  7. Strange things sometimes happen when waking up.

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange things sometimes happen when waking up.: My computer auto sleeps just fine with my 30 sleep timer. When I go to wake it up tho, about a third of the the time I get something weird. Sometimes, the fans come back on but the screen never wakes up (hit the reset button and reboot). The strangest one is that the screen...
  8. Strange Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange Problem: I noticed a strange issue with my PC today. I am running Win 10 Pro (64 bit) and after I restarted my PC today, I observed the following things: 1. Some of the icons are missing on the taskbar. There used to be icons for Store, Calculator, Edge on my taskbar. 2. I also...
  9. Strange Key Problem. Curious.

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange Key Problem. Curious.: Dell Venu 8 Pro Tablet. Came with Windows 7. Updated to 8, then 8.1. Then 10. I downloaded Magical Jellybean Key Finder to get my key and saved it. During a screw up, I ended up resetting my tablet to 8.1. Tried ShowKeyPlus. Got a different key. Just ran the Media Creation...
  10. Windows Key Search Broken

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Key Search Broken: If I click the Windows key on my taskbar and type in something like Device Manager or Control Panel, all I get are web search options. Ideas? 10156