Windows 10: Strange problem of the sometimes broken key.

Discus and support Strange problem of the sometimes broken key. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I can't for the life of me figure this out. My Acer laptop recently stopped recognizing its C key entirely. I assumed the issue was hardware until the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mitch1832, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Strange problem of the sometimes broken key.

I can't for the life of me figure this out. My Acer laptop recently stopped recognizing its C key entirely. I assumed the issue was hardware until the other day when I noticed it works fine in minecraft still. I can type c all day there no problem. Any idea what causes this or how to fix it so I can go back to writing without copy/pasting C's all day.

submitted by /u/mitch1832
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mitch1832, Dec 3, 2019
  2. Pipps Win User

Is my graphics card broken?

UPDATE: Please see here.

I have a Sapphire HD 4830.

When I boot into XP all is initially fine and I am able to see the desktop.

However, when I click on the start bar and navigate a few steps, I receive an immediate white screen of death and a total irrecoverable lock-up.

I am confused about what this could mean and I would be grateful for any suggestions on the best course of action to test and repair the problem.

Does this sort of issue suggest that the graphics card is irretrievably broken?

Pipps, Dec 3, 2019
  3. milford Win User
    Strange Key Problem. Curious.

• P.S. Produkey is showing me a BIOS OEM key and a Windows 10 Home key. Both different.
    • Mabe I should quit while I'm ahead.

milford, Dec 3, 2019
  4. Sambat Win User

Strange problem of the sometimes broken key.

Strange boot problem

I am trying to get my head round the 6 steps above before having a go. If you can expand on them it may give me a bit more confidence. I cant lose the whole contents of my PC.
    Have attached details as you suggested.

Strange problem of the sometimes broken key. [​IMG]

Sambat, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

Strange problem of the sometimes broken key.

1. Strange problem of the sometimes broken key. - Similar Threads - Strange problem sometimes

2. Strange Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange Problem: The strangest thing just happened, I was trying to go into a zoom meeting but every time I clicked on the link, I got a download instead of new window to take me to the meeting. A moment later, I tried to copy the zoom link only to realize that the keyboard had stopped...
  3. Strange Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange Problem: The strangest thing just happened, I was trying to go into a zoom meeting but every time I clicked on the link, I got a download instead of new window to take me to the meeting. A moment later, I tried to copy the zoom link only to realize that the keyboard had stopped...
  4. Strange Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Strange graphics sometimes.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange graphics sometimes.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/skyvin [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/inw2yb/strange_graphics_sometimes/
  6. Keys are broken?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keys are broken?: [ATTACH] When trying to press some of the keys on my computer, many extra keys are also automatically clicked for some reason. The image attached is a screenshot of a keyboard testing website when I click my left Ctrl key. As you can see, the home key, number pad 9 key, and...
  7. Sometimes Alt+Tab works strangely

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sometimes Alt+Tab works strangely: If press Alt+Tab in Windows, the currently running programs are listed horizontally, right? So if you take your finger off of it, the last app you chose should be selected right away... But strangely, a white focus box stops AFTER a round of rotation. I thought it was a...
  8. Keyboard and Mouse behaving strange sometimes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard and Mouse behaving strange sometimes: So two days ago, I was playing Counter-Strike. I left the game idle at the home screen for around 2 hours because I had some urgent work. When I came back, I closed the game and put my laptop on Sleep. I logged in again after 2 hours and found that something was wrong. At the...
  9. Strange Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange Problem: I noticed a strange issue with my PC today. I am running Win 10 Pro (64 bit) and after I restarted my PC today, I observed the following things: 1. Some of the icons are missing on the taskbar. There used to be icons for Store, Calculator, Edge on my taskbar. 2. I also...
  10. Strange Key Problem. Curious.

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange Key Problem. Curious.: Dell Venu 8 Pro Tablet. Came with Windows 7. Updated to 8, then 8.1. Then 10. I downloaded Magical Jellybean Key Finder to get my key and saved it. During a screw up, I ended up resetting my tablet to 8.1. Tried ShowKeyPlus. Got a different key. Just ran the Media Creation...