Windows 10: Strange problem regarding a program not opening/loading.

Discus and support Strange problem regarding a program not opening/loading. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have two Windows 10 os boots for different uses and need the program to open/work on windows 10 1 as windows 10 2 is used for other things. C:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by w10newbie, Oct 17, 2020.

1. w10newbie Win User

Strange problem regarding a program not opening/loading.

I have two Windows 10 os boots for different uses and need the program to open/work on windows 10 1 as windows 10 2 is used for other things.

C: windows 10 1 - gaming/media
    D: windows 10 2 - work related.

Ive installed a game onto windows 10 1 and when i try to open " settings " which is an application file... it doesnt open or load.

I confirm this by looking in task manager nothing... i even kept an eye on task manager to see whats happening when i double click and i see " windows problem reporting" pop up for a split second and then disappears.

But thats it nothing else, i've tried compatibility, safe mode, clean boot, dism, sfc, reinstalling game...everything i can think of outside of doing a fresh windows install or system restore.

I even installed the game on Windows 10 2 just to see its not an issue with the game and it opened first time with no issues.

So the issue is not the game files its a setting on my Windows 10 1 Os.

Any ideas what i can do to resolve this to avoid a clean install/system restore ?

thanks

Winver : 2004 19041.572

:)

w10newbie, Oct 17, 2020
  2. heartog Win User

"Open With" context Menu slow to load

Hi all,

so when i right click on the file and point to the "open with" menu, it should show the list of programs that the file could be opened. Every time after a restart the "open with" menu would take like 3 seconds to load, and after that first load, it would show the list right away. This not only happens when i restart my pc, but also when I haven't opened a file with the "open with" menu for like 1 or 2 hours and it will lag for like 3 seconds again for it to show the list of programs that it could be opened with.

I've already tried programs like Autoruns, ShellExView and disabling those context menu would now help either. Also, I deleted the unnecessary programs from the open with list through the registry already and it still doesn't help.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks.

heartog, Oct 17, 2020
  3. GBE
    GBE Win User
    Program opening problem

I am a complete novice with computers and have a great difficulty in opening programs! I download the program , go through the exe and get the program into the computer but each time I try to open it I seem to get the exe again and a window saying " do you wish to remove the program before loading new?" !!! Any suggestions as to what I am doing incorrectly?

Thank you

G

4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Strange problem regarding a program not opening/loading. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Strange problem regarding a program not opening/loading. - Similar Threads - Strange problem regarding

2. Problem Openning Programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem Openning Programs: Hello, my pc was updated but now some of the program that I have can't open it. [Original Title: windows8.] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-openning-programs/7eb87e1c-c239-49b3-80f6-76f0ad185439
  3. Problem Openning Programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem Openning Programs: Hello, my pc was updated but now some of the program that I have can't open it. [Original Title: windows8.] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-openning-programs/7eb87e1c-c239-49b3-80f6-76f0ad185439
  4. Load saved desktop with programs open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Load saved desktop with programs open: Part 1: How can I boot or at least load a custom saved desktop that includes loading certain programs in certain locations on my screen?For example in an older version of windows I had a 'custom launch' so that every time I rebooted a couple of programs would load to my...
  5. Problems opening Programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems opening Programs: I recently uninstalled avast security and Cleanup Premium as they took up too much Memory. But after that some apps like VMware workstation pro and MS Edge are not launching. If I try to launch them from the start menu, nothing happens. No window pops up. But If I try to...
  6. Strange program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange program: obviousvarade.exe does anyone know what what this program does, it is running on my PC and I am unable to stop it, it just restarts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-program/0a962c89-9b77-4056-ac28-d13cf7f6b7a3
  7. Program opening problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program opening problem: I am a complete novice with computers and have a great difficulty in opening programs! I download the program , go through the exe and get the program into the computer but each time I try to open it I seem to get the exe again and a window saying " do you wish to remove the...
  8. Program opening problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Program opening problem: I am a complete novice with computers and have a great difficulty in opening programs! I download the program , go through the exe and get the program into the computer but each time I try to open it I seem to get the exe again and a window saying " do you wish to remove the...
  9. regarding antivirus program

regarding antivirus program: I also have a question about anti-virus software, I have been trying a program called Reason Antivirus on a trial basis but it seems that every time I start up the computer I get anywhere between 2-8 malware viruses that need to be removed yet when I use the windows security...
  10. Regarding Loading

Regarding Loading: it's been a day since I am facing this problem of my cursor getting loaded instead of working as usual. It takes a while to load and then perform its activities such as refresh...