Windows 10: Strange problem with a USB, not recognized but it shows in Disk Managment, what should I do?

Discus and support Strange problem with a USB, not recognized but it shows in Disk Managment, what should I do? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/lxcapiyv05b61.png?width=471&format=png&auto=webp&s=ac3bcc007267d7ac8ec71cf6cf62b5a7125006b8 I tried to change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Next_Ant5805, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Strange problem with a USB, not recognized but it shows in Disk Managment, what should I do?

/u/Next_Ant5805, Jan 13, 2021
  2. seejp Win User

external hard drive showing up in device management but not disk management

Hi,

I recently tried to use a brand new Seagate 2TB External HD, but it is not showing up. It initially showed up, but after I tried reformatting it to exFAT32, it disappeared from the disk management list.

I then tried:

• refreshing the disk management list,
    • inserting into a different USB port,
    • re-starting my computer, and
    • uninstalling the device from device manager/letting it refresh,

I still can't see it. There is no yellow error in the USB controller list.

I'm on Windows 10.

Intel i5-3317U @ 1.7GHz

Any suggestions? Thanks!

seejp, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Strange problem with a USB, not recognized but it shows in Disk Managment, what should I do? :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Strange problem with a USB, not recognized but it shows in Disk Managment, what should I do?

USB problems

checked all of those suggestions an still no luck. They show as being there and enabled but doesnt recognize anything you plug into them. I got a driver checker as well and it lists the drivers as up to date. could this be a bad motherboard?

tommys2827, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Strange problem with a USB, not recognized but it shows in Disk Managment, what should I do?

1. Strange problem with a USB, not recognized but it shows in Disk Managment, what should I do? - Similar Threads - Strange problem USB

2. What should I do to correct this problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What should I do to correct this problem?: I installed update KB4023057 for Windows 10 on November 11 on my laptop. It seemed to install ok, no error messages, etc. The next morning when I tried using the laptop I had a problem with the DNS Server not working properly, could not get websites. I did a restart which...
  3. What should I do to correct this problem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What should I do to correct this problem?: I installed update KB4023057 for Windows 10 on November 11 on my laptop. It seemed to install ok, no error messages, etc. The next morning when I tried using the laptop I had a problem with the DNS Server not working properly, could not get websites. I did a restart which...
  4. What should I do to correct this problem?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. what should I do with this problem?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    what should I do with this problem?: I recently encountered a problem with my pc where during the fixing c disk in stage 2 is stuck on 103795- 1740588 for over 10 minutes, what should I do? Should I power it off and let it continue? If I power off, would it reset the progress? I already waited 3 full days and I...
  6. what should I do with this problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what should I do with this problem?: I recently encountered a problem with my pc where during the fixing c disk in stage 2 is stuck on 103795- 1740588 for over 10 minutes, what should I do? Should I power it off and let it continue? If I power off, would it reset the progress? I already waited 3 full days and I...
  7. what should I do with this problem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. USB connection is not recognized. What to do ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB connection is not recognized. What to do ?: Recently I purchased one USB data cable to transfer files from my cell phone to laptop. When I connected data cable in USB slot, it is giving message 'USB device is not recognized" What I need to do now to transfer my files from cell phone to laptop?...
  9. USB ports are not working. What should I do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB ports are not working. What should I do?: OS: windows 10 submitted by /u/sohail_ansari [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jp2oyn/usb_ports_are_not_working_what_should_i_do/
  10. usb flash disk not showing up in disk management

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    usb flash disk not showing up in disk management: my usb flash drive is not showing in disk management how can I solve this in windows 10? It is a 2TB drive, it shows in device manager and states that it is working but when you click on it, it says no media is found on this drive....