Windows 10: Strange problem with menus

Discus and support Strange problem with menus in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All first time posting here, anyone having problems with menu items scrolling like mad. For instance when I'm in photos the options on the menu bar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by oldmanjohn, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Strange problem with menus

Hi All first time posting here, anyone having problems with menu items scrolling like mad. For instance when I'm in photos the options on the menu bar just keep scrolling round and round. Does that make sense? its driving me mad.

:)

oldmanjohn, Nov 12, 2017
  2. finnerin Win User

Nokia E52 problem

Hello,

I have Nokia E52-1 but I have a strange problem.

I can't open the Messaging (the SMS menu). It's not possible anymore.

I'm trying with the SMS button on the keyboard and from the menu.

It tries to open for a second and it is just blinking and coming back to the previous menu. Very strange as I did not change anything to the phone.

Please advice what to do?

Thanks

finnerin, Nov 12, 2017
  3. Strange IE11 Favourites toolbar's folder menus size vs font size

Hi,

I have a very strange situation where the Folder drop down menus in the Favourites toolbar of Internet Explorer 11 have a disproportion display (larger) vs. the menu entries font, as display in screenshot extracts here below.

This appears when I'm showing IE11 on my external monitor (secondary display): where the
    red lines show the big gaps due to oversized menu frame:

Strange problem with menus [​IMG]

...but not on my laptop monitor (primary display):

Strange problem with menus [​IMG]

It has to be noted that my laptop and monitors are set up with the same 1920x1080 resolution (recommended) but a different text size (in 'Scale and layout' of the Display settings) : the laptop uses
    125% (recommended) while the monitor uses 100% (recommended). Is this a side-effect hereof ?

Is there another setting to adjust or can this be considered as a "bug" ?

Thanks for your advice and support!

AlterMind64, Nov 12, 2017
  4. Strange problem with menus

Hi and Welcome

I haven't experienced that on any Windows 10 system so far. Is the problem related to only Windows Explorer or to other applications as well?

Are you running the latest Windows 10 1709 build? You can check this by going pressing the Windows key + R and typing the command Winver. Next to Version​ should be your build or OS number.

Masterchiefxx17, Nov 13, 2017
  5. Hello Masterchiefxx17 thank you for the reply
    I'm running Version 1709 (build 16299.19)
    Its really weird, when i open mail for instance the option Reply, reply all etc just keep scrolling round and round with no user input. I was hoping to send a movie but I'm not show how to upload the file....

oldmanjohn, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Strange problem with menus

1. Strange problem with menus - Similar Threads - Strange problem menus

2. Strange Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange Problem: The strangest thing just happened, I was trying to go into a zoom meeting but every time I clicked on the link, I got a download instead of new window to take me to the meeting. A moment later, I tried to copy the zoom link only to realize that the keyboard had stopped...
  3. Strange Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange Problem: The strangest thing just happened, I was trying to go into a zoom meeting but every time I clicked on the link, I got a download instead of new window to take me to the meeting. A moment later, I tried to copy the zoom link only to realize that the keyboard had stopped...
  4. Strange Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. bitlocker , Strange problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    bitlocker , Strange problem: hello I'm using Windows 10. Yesterday I decided to put my password on my external hard drive; about a terabyte of information on the hard drive. After I started encryption and crossed the border of 47%, I turned off the laptop due to a lack of attention. Now after I turned...
  6. Strange behavior including no right click menus on command

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange behavior including no right click menus on command: For the last few days my laptop has had strange behavior. I didn't install any new software, but the issues have rapidly escalated. First the machine started shutting down when I put it to sleep instead of going to sleep. And it never shut down properly, so really more like...
  7. Strange Mouse Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange Mouse Problem: I've solved this problem but thought I would post in case anyone has similar issue. I had a problem with my desktop PC where menus didn't respond to mouse commands and the PC didn't respond to the keyboard arrow keys after pressing Ctrl / Alt / Delete. I changed the mouse...
  8. Strange Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange Problem: I noticed a strange issue with my PC today. I am running Win 10 Pro (64 bit) and after I restarted my PC today, I observed the following things: 1. Some of the icons are missing on the taskbar. There used to be icons for Store, Calculator, Edge on my taskbar. 2. I also...
  9. Strange font in certain menus and dialog boxes

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange font in certain menus and dialog boxes: In my Windows 10, some messages and command buttons are in a font different from the system default font after the anniversary upgrade is applied. In the screenshots below, you can see that the toolbar area has the usual system font (Segoe UI), but some of the contents, like...
  10. Help with a strange problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with a strange problem: Hi everyone, I have this problem: [img=http://s14.postimg.org/6vteszwf1/Info.jpg] This situation is similar, but to me doubled the directory “downloads” [Fix] Drives Appearing Twice in Navigation Pane of Windows 10 Explorer - AskVG The error was caused today,...