Windows 10: Strange Problem with storage

Discus and support Strange Problem with storage in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an Acer Nitro 5 laptop that I have had for roughly 2 years, lately its been acting up when it comes to storage. About two days ago when trying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IvanaT., Jul 14, 2020.

1. IvanaT. Win User

Strange Problem with storage

I have an Acer Nitro 5 laptop that I have had for roughly 2 years, lately its been acting up when it comes to storage.

About two days ago when trying to export a 20-minute video from HitFilm Express, I got the notification that my storage was full. So naturally, I cleaned up my computer so that I could try again. After cleaning out about 30 GB worth of storage the computer registered this, I tried to export again. My storage suddenly dropped to 98.2 KB, so I went through and did a second cleaning. I ended up with 44 GB of free space, but the same issue occurred after I tried to export again.

I'm on my third cleaning today and my computer said it had 10.4 GB of storage remaining, so I decided to test if the exporting would change that, sure enough, not even two minutes into the export it dropped to 4 GB. It makes absolutely no sense that this would happen when exporting, the file size when it comes to the video, only requires 100 KB of storage. Even as I type this the storage has dropped to 2 GBs.

I've deleted games, videos, pictures, files, documents, cleaned out the bins, cleaned the cloud system, removed and uninstalled apps that I no longer use, or have never used and I'm still having problems.

Has anyone else had this issue? If so is there any way to fix this? Anything that can help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

IvanaT., Jul 14, 2020
  2. Sambat Win User

Strange boot problem

I am trying to get my head round the 6 steps above before having a go. If you can expand on them it may give me a bit more confidence. I cant lose the whole contents of my PC.
    Have attached details as you suggested.

Strange Problem with storage [​IMG]

Sambat, Jul 14, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jul 14, 2020
  4. Strange Problem with storage

Storage Problem

Hi,

It's possible that the 346GB of space that you're seeing under the Apps & games window refers to the available space of the selected drive and not the actual usage. To confirm this information, we suggest that you check the total
    usage through the Storage usage screen instead. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Click the Start menu or Windows icon.
    • Select the gear icon or Settings.
    • Select System > Storage.
    • Under Choose a drive to see what's taking up space, select
      This PC (Drive letter)
    • Under Apps & games, check if the space usage exceeds the estimate 140GB of space.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

Strange Problem with storage

1. Strange Problem with storage - Similar Threads - Strange Problem storage

2. Storage problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage problem: Storage went low after system restore, my C drive went up after system restore, I lost 30 GB free storage. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-problem/168f5770-f963-4b75-887d-59b069f8f0c4
  3. Storage problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage problem: My device suddenly went out of storage, I have 500 GB now I have only 200GB left , I dont have that much files, its filling up all of a sudden https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-problem/0f460017-96c1-410d-add7-ced00ca0cd8f
  4. Strange Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange Problem: The strangest thing just happened, I was trying to go into a zoom meeting but every time I clicked on the link, I got a download instead of new window to take me to the meeting. A moment later, I tried to copy the zoom link only to realize that the keyboard had stopped...
  5. Strange Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange Problem: The strangest thing just happened, I was trying to go into a zoom meeting but every time I clicked on the link, I got a download instead of new window to take me to the meeting. A moment later, I tried to copy the zoom link only to realize that the keyboard had stopped...
  6. Strange Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Storage problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Storage problem: Hello, i wonder if anyone can advise me. I recently had a problem booting up my windows 10 PC, which I eventually fixed. I then found my available storage had reduced by about 10GB. I presume this is taken up by some sort of error dump from the previous problem, but don't...
  8. Storage problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage problem: Please help! I saw on the "File Explorer" at "This PC" that my D drive has 562GB free space, later i checked with CMD using "dir" command and I found that my D drive has 603GB free space. Can anyone tell me what happend and give some suggestions? Many thanks...
  9. Strange storage arithmetic by Microsoft

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange storage arithmetic by Microsoft: Setting>Storage shows that ThisPC is C: That's not correct, since This Pc contains two Windows, Linux Mint and a data partition. I don't expect windows to see Linux partitions. But no matter how I look at it, I cannot make any sense out of the display in Settings 88148
  10. Strange Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange Problem: I noticed a strange issue with my PC today. I am running Win 10 Pro (64 bit) and after I restarted my PC today, I observed the following things: 1. Some of the icons are missing on the taskbar. There used to be icons for Store, Calculator, Edge on my taskbar. 2. I also...