Windows 10: Strange problem with taskbar blocking the bottom of my browser window.

Discus and support Strange problem with taskbar blocking the bottom of my browser window. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have this problem that recently started and I can't figure it out. It's usually not that big of an issue, but say I'm watching something with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/rjstim, Nov 21, 2020.

1. /u/rjstim Win User

Strange problem with taskbar blocking the bottom of my browser window.

I have this problem that recently started and I can't figure it out. It's usually not that big of an issue, but say I'm watching something with subtitles on -- the taskbar will be blocking them if they're really close to the bottom. Sometimes there's other important stuff on the bottom. It doesn't have anything to do with full-screen, and I've looked at all the taskbar settings, even trying to auto-hide it, except that only works sporadically. What I've been doing is dragging the taskbar to the right in those instances, but then it will be blocking the right portion of the browser window which is also an issue. I've tried 2 different browsers too, so it seems to be an issue with the taskbar itself. Any ideas?

submitted by /u/rjstim
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/rjstim, Nov 21, 2020

2. Strange Windows 10 x64 (and Windows 8.1x64) sound problem

Hi Dmitrij,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

• How are trying to play videos online, by using a browser or an app?
    • Which browser are you using?

It could be due to incompatible sites/apps or missing updates.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Restart the computer a few times and check for Windows Updates.

In the Search box on the taskbar, enter Windows Update, select Windows Update. On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates.

If it is a browser then try with a different browser.

If it is an app, then try with a different app.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Nov 21, 2020
  3. JanJan Win User
    chrome + taskbar autohide problem

So i set my taskbar autohide. whenever chrome is in fullscreen, when i hover around the corner, the taskbar wont appear. It works with other browsers....

JanJan, Nov 21, 2020
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

Problem with a combine taskbar icons.

Hello,

In Windows 10, you can personalize the settings of your taskbar. If there are multiple applications opened, same applications will be combined under one taskbar button. If you want to change this setting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Press the Start button.
    • Click on the Settings app.
    • Select Personalization.
    • At the left side of your window, click on Taskbar.
    • Under Combine taskbar buttons, choose Never.

Kindly update us with the results and if you have further queries, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Strange problem with taskbar blocking the bottom of my browser window. - Similar Threads - Strange problem taskbar

2. Windows blocking installation of browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows blocking installation of browser: I am attempting to install Librewolf browser on my personal laptop and this installation is blocked by windows. How can I work around this issue and why is microsoft blocking installation of competing browsers on personal systems?...
  3. windows hotspot On block browsers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows hotspot On block browsers: Hi, sorry for my bad English, a question after last windows 10 update. When i activate windows hotspot my browser on the hotspot machine all of them stop working.What can I do? I have never hanno this issue before and is a big problem for me....
  4. windows hotspot On block browsers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows hotspot On block browsers: Hi, sorry for my bad English, a question after last windows 10 update. When i activate windows hotspot my browser on the hotspot machine all of them stop working.What can I do? I have never hanno this issue before and is a big problem for me....
  5. Strange displays in the browser bottom right?

in Browsers and Email
    Strange displays in the browser bottom right?: In my browser (Firefox), strange "advertisements" have recently been displayed below. How can I remove this or could it be malware and how can I remove it? [ATTACH] lg Komische Anzeigen im Browser unten rechts?
  6. Strange font in the browser with Windows?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange font in the browser with Windows?: Hey, I have since an order at "StickerApp" a strange font on many websites. Among others PayPal and eBay. But on the other hand the font is normal again. (The problem occurs in every browser). The question now is how do I solve the problem? I've already tried it:...
  7. browsers cut off at the bottom

in Browsers and Email
    browsers cut off at the bottom: Has anyone seen this? [img] I get a solid white "bar" at the bottom of my screen when using Firefox, and it persists when scrolling. It blocks whatever content is there unless I keep scrolling but when I get to the bottom of the webpage and I can't keep scrolling, I can't...
  8. Four blocks bottom left

in Windows 10 Support
    Four blocks bottom left: Using Windows10. When I open the square at the bottom left of the screen, normally I get a (ladder) list of items installed in my computer but all of a sudden, all I get now is a list of squares which show minimal information. I have been unable to find Windows Accessories to...
  9. My Strange Problem About Screen Brightness & Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Strange Problem About Screen Brightness & Taskbar: Hey guys. English is not my native language, so pls forgive any errors. As part of my job, I write a lot on my PC. Back when my OS was Windows 7, I used DimScreen as my screen dimmer (to keep my eyes from tiring quickly). Something strange happened when I switched to Windows...
  10. Strange problem area in the bottom right corner of my screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange problem area in the bottom right corner of my screen: I apologize if this was asked by someone else. In the bottom right corner of my screen, there's an area that acts strange. I first noticed it when I was playing WoW. When my cursor went into that area in the game, it changed from looking like the WoW hand to looking like...