Windows 10: Strange ransom document in C: Drive

Discus and support Strange ransom document in C: Drive in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Greetings, Today when i was searching my drive I found a document with name readme.txt when i opened the file there was a text like:- Don't worry,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by anandraj2008, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Strange ransom document in C: Drive

Greetings,

Today when i was searching my drive I found a document with name readme.txt when i opened the file there was a text like:-

Don't worry, you can return all your files!

All your files like pictures, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key.

The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you.

This software will decrypt all your encrypted files.

What guarantees you have?

You can send one of your encrypted file from your PC and we decrypt it for free.

But we can decrypt only 1 file for free. File must not contain valuable information.

You can get and look video overview decrypt tool:

https://we.tl/t-Dz5odBd07y

Price of private key and decrypt software is $980.

Discount 50% available if you contact us first 72 hours, that's price for you is $490.

Please note that you'll never restore your data without payment.

Check your e-mail "Spam" or "Junk" folder if you don't get answer more than 6 hours

To get this software you need write on our e-mail:

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Reserve e-mail address to contact us:

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

I think this is ransomware encryption i have run a virus check multiple time and haven`t found any. do i need to worry or this is someone that is fooling me.

Regards.

:)

anandraj2008, Nov 26, 2020
  2. djbbenn Win User

New Trojan that Demands a Ransom

There is a new virus out there discovered by virus hunters known as "Cryzip". The Trojan encrypts your files and then demands a $300 ransom for the decryption password to get your files back. After encrypting the files, the virus leaves a nice step-by-step guide of how to go about paying the ransom off. It's supposedly spread through email Spam, and has successfully evaded anti-virus scanners.

Source: eWeek

djbbenn, Nov 26, 2020
  3. My data folders (Documents, Pictures, Videos, Music, etc) are on DRIVE E: not Drive C:

Patti,

Let me start by saying the above information would have been very useful at the start. Let me see if I can recap your original issue first...

Before Windows 10 Upgrade:

Your computer was configured (before the Win10 upgrade) to used drive (EStrange ransom document in C: Drive :) as your DEFAULT storage location for DOCUMENTS, PICTURES, MUSIC etc. I assume there were sub-folders for each.

After Windows 10 Upgrade:

After the upgrade, your DEFAULT storage locations were re-set to drive C:. This had the side affect of you seeing 'Documents' in the quick access list which did not point to your 'Documents' folder on drive E:.

What you wanted:

You wanted the 'Documents' and other data folders that showed up in the Quick Access list to point to your original files on drive E:. You also assumed that all new documents would be created in the Documents folder on drive E:.

Drive E: is your data drive because that is where you have space and you want to continue using that drive.

In the above description I used 'Documents' but that would apply to all of your 'data' folders such as Music, Video, Pictures etc.

If I have this right, please let me know.

FunSideOfSteve, Nov 26, 2020
  4. Strange ransom document in C: Drive

My data folders (Documents, Pictures, Videos, Music, etc) are on DRIVE E: not Drive C:

I THINK the programs are looking in the wrong place.

All my Programs are stored on Drive C:

Drive D: is my Recovery Image

Drive E: is where all my Data files were stored (Documents-Pictures-Videos, etc).

Drive F: has: Clipart-Document Themes 14-Media-MSOCache-Office 14 - Stationery - and Templates.

Hewlett Packard set my computer system up.

Before I did what you suggested above about MOVING files - I had only one listing for Drive EStrange ransom document in C: Drive :(DATADRIVE1-Docs-Pics-Video-Music). Now Drive E: shows up listed under THIS PC as E:\ (and it contains ALL my data - docs-Pics-Video-Music)). All these data
    folders also show up listed under THIS PC in the DOCUMENT folder; AND, all the datat folders also show up in DATADRIVE1-Docs-Pixs-Music-Video!!!! Whatever happened when I moved the files caused them to appear in several places!

I don't think the programs know where to find anything!!!! DUD!

I also have 4 external Western Digital hard drives (but I don't have all of them plugged in simultaneously). My problem with the external hard drives is that now Windows does recognize my 6 TB one - I know it is working because the little light is on and
    blinking....the drive just does not show up in File Explorer.

Do you have any suggestions?

PattiCampbell, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

Strange ransom document in C: Drive

1. Strange ransom document in C: Drive - Similar Threads - Strange ransom document

2. Strange HelloTest.win.txt.gz in my pc c Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange HelloTest.win.txt.gz in my pc c Drive: I was doing a college work, when suddenly realized in my Documents Folder 2 files a HelloTest.txt when i opne just had "Hello Test" written and a HelloTest.win.txt.gz I quickly deleted it and run malwarebytes and PandaDome antivirus, but im quite scared since I was a target...
  3. Strange HelloTest.win.txt.gz in my pc c Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange HelloTest.win.txt.gz in my pc c Drive: I was doing a college work, when suddenly realized in my Documents Folder 2 files a HelloTest.txt when i opne just had "Hello Test" written and a HelloTest.win.txt.gz I quickly deleted it and run malwarebytes and PandaDome antivirus, but im quite scared since I was a target...
  4. Strange folders in my c drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange folders in my c drive: My computer is very slow. I know something is not right with my laptop and I just wanted to share some unusual files I found in my drive c. How can rid of these greyed folders?...
  5. Strange folders in my c drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange folders in my c drive: My computer is very slow. I know something is not right with my laptop and I just wanted to share some unusual files I found in my drive c. How can rid of these greyed folders?...
  6. Strange folders in my c drive

7. Documents Folder is missing in C drive.

Documents Folder is missing in C drive.: I've been trying to install some mods onto a game on my laptop all day to no avail. I realized that my documents folder isn't in my c drive and I have tried registry, and copy and paste the folder in and nothing works. I haven't backed up my laptop before, so that isn't an...
  8. Strange ransom document in C: Drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange ransom document in C: Drive: * Locked. See other threads: All files encrypted by .contactus file extension All files on Document library encrypted with .vvoa and .vyb extension * Moved from Windows 10/Security Today when i was searching my drive I found a document with name readme.txt when i...
  9. Txt. Document filling C:\ drive

Txt. Document filling C:\ drive: Just wanted to let people know of a bug I found and my solution to it. In my windows 10 user\appdata\local\packages\microsoftxboxgamingoverlay\tempstate folder, i found a txt. Document of 57 gigabyte This was filling my C:\ drive and took me a good long while to find. I...
  10. Strange Volume on C drive in Disk Protection

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Strange Volume on C drive in Disk Protection: Hello, Around the first of the year I was attacked by Ransomware. I was able to prevent it and I believed cleaned most of it. In March after a Windows Feature Update I lost some program functions. I did a Windows reset and the functions returned. However, I noticed that C...