Windows 10: Strange re-ocurring display problem picture and video attached

Discus and support Strange re-ocurring display problem picture and video attached in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since last night after installing a minor update I've had this infuriating display issue. When I'm on any window, horizontal white lines will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by M_2314, Sep 22, 2020.

1. M_2314 Win User

Strange re-ocurring display problem picture and video attached

Since last night after installing a minor update I've had this infuriating display issue.

When I'm on any window, horizontal white lines will suddenly appear on top of the screen and I'll be unable to move the mouse and the screen will be frozen.

I can only move the mouse at the very top of the screen above the bars where I have to minimize and maximize the window for it to work again. This happens repeatedly regardless of application and it also leaves the text of the previous page printed on the screen and still visible even if I change windows

So far I've refreshed the graphics driver and ensured my display drivers are up to date but it still keeps appearing.

I'm using an ASUS TUF laptop with Windows 10.

Here's a picture of what it looks like.

A 20 second clip of the problem.Ignore the dead pixels from the camera

:)

M_2314, Sep 22, 2020
  2. Dimushi Win User

Issues attaching pictures and videos on the Messenger app

I have a Lumia 735 and am unable to attach pictures or video to messages. This.phone is Windows 8.1. When in messenger, and clicking to.attach a photo,there are no pictures available. Opening the pictures, there are hundreds. Any suggestions?

*** Moderators Note: Changed title from messaging to Issues attaching pictures and videos on the Messenger app ***

Dimushi, Sep 22, 2020
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. Strange re-ocurring display problem picture and video attached

picture will not attach to my email

Hello,

We would like to know more about the issue that you are experiencing when attaching photos to your email. Please provide the following information:

• What is your phone's model and OS?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to attach pictures?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

Regards.

Michael Rey, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

Strange re-ocurring display problem picture and video attached

1. Strange re-ocurring display problem picture and video attached - Similar Threads - Strange ocurring display

2. Gmail/attached pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Gmail/attached pictures: Can't view photos or videos in emails without saving to onedrive. I see a thread back in 2017 and it still applies. I do NOT want to use onedirve or mydrive. I WANT TO BE ABLE TO OPEN PICTURES AND SAVE TO MY PICTURES FOLDER IN GMAIL. This is not about saving anything to MS...
  3. Gmail/attached pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gmail/attached pictures: Can't view photos or videos in emails without saving to onedrive. I see a thread back in 2017 and it still applies. I do NOT want to use onedirve or mydrive. I WANT TO BE ABLE TO OPEN PICTURES AND SAVE TO MY PICTURES FOLDER IN GMAIL. This is not about saving anything to MS...
  4. Strange display problems on secondary monitor.

Strange display problems on secondary monitor.: Hi, I'm currently running on dual displays with Windows 11, lately, I've been realizing this strange display issue with my secondary monitor. Both the displays are identical, but somehow the secondary display seems it misses lines of pixels. For example, when I try to read...
  5. Strange display problems on secondary monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange display problems on secondary monitor.: Hi, I'm currently running on dual displays with Windows 11, lately, I've been realizing this strange display issue with my secondary monitor. Both the displays are identical, but somehow the secondary display seems it misses lines of pixels. For example, when I try to read...
  6. Strange Screen When Video on Display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange Screen When Video on Display: When I Watch my Netflix or Other Videos on Safe Sites, My Screen Moves and Turned a Little Yellow and There's a Black and White Sometimes Yellow Left of the Video of I'm Playing and If I Pause The Video Color is Moving and Smh I Can't Remove it, I Did Restart and Its Fixed...
  7. Strange Screen When Video on Display

Strange Screen When Video on Display: When I Watch my Netflix or Other Videos on Safe Sites, My Screen Moves and Turned a Little Yellow and There's a Black and White Sometimes Yellow Left of the Video of I'm Playing and If I Pause The Video Color is Moving and Smh I Can't Remove it, I Did Restart and Its Fixed...
  8. automatic "protection" notifications re-ocurring in system tray

in Windows 10 Customization
    automatic "protection" notifications re-ocurring in system tray: does anyone know how to shut these off completely? see images. there is only one setting turned on. and that's now off. however, I still get this stuff in the lower right corner in the sys tray. the notifications that "you are not protected". or even sometimes...""you...
  9. Re/pictures

Re/pictures: How can I view my pictures when I open the picture, instead I see folders https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/repictures/c9209ade-1a95-4b81-b563-7af24fdd2c96
  10. Problem with displaying videos

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with displaying videos: Hello everyone, I have proble with my PC that I can't fix ... was googling around for that kind of problem if anyone else had it and how to resolve, but nothing works for me. So the problem is when I'm tryint to watch videos/gifs on Facebook or 9GAG. While browsing 9gag,...