Windows 10: Strange recovery partitions on desktop pc after formatting Ubuntu dual load, how do I...

Discus and support Strange recovery partitions on desktop pc after formatting Ubuntu dual load, how do I... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I recently formatted my Linux partition Ubuntu 21.04 I think. This caused the classic boot loader problem where I have to manually go to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HALPSERV, Apr 23, 2021.

1. HALPSERV Win User

Strange recovery partitions on desktop pc after formatting Ubuntu dual load, how do I...

Hi, I recently formatted my Linux partition Ubuntu 21.04 I think. This caused the classic boot loader problem where I have to manually go to the partition with the loader .efi and use chainloader to boot Windows "manually".I was trying to fix this problem and I noticed a recovery partition in each of my drives 1 HDD and 1 SSD with about 500 MB of space which I'm pretty sure weren't there before.How do I go about discovering what these recovery partitions are for and restoring my bootloader to work again? I do intend to install Ubuntu again, I just had a really corrupted i

:)

HALPSERV, Apr 23, 2021

2. Windows Recovery Partition

No not able to follow the step as Diskpart doesn't even show my recovery partition after entering the command 'list vol'.

even after using the freeware, they are providing on the website not able to hide/unhide/show/change drive letter. do you think that this might be happening because of Dual-boot Ubuntu OS?

Shivraj Marne, Apr 23, 2021
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    Formatting a dual boot system with windows 10 and ubuntu

Hi,

In Windows 10, you can easily format a hard drive or a partition by accessing Computer Management. For us to assist you, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Press the Start button.
    • Type Computer Management.
    • On the left side, click on Disk Management under Storage.
    • Locate the drive that you want to format.
    • Once located, right-click on the drive and choose Format.

If the hard drive has not been formatted with the steps that we have provided above, we recommend that you contact the manufacturer of your hard drive. Some hard drive requires a software that you'll need to use just to format it.

Let us know how it goes and if you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Apr 23, 2021
  4. Anusha Win User

Strange recovery partitions on desktop pc after formatting Ubuntu dual load, how do I...

How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Apr 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Strange recovery partitions on desktop pc after formatting Ubuntu dual load, how do I... - Similar Threads - Strange recovery partitions

2. hard disk partition problem after installing Ubuntu dual boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hard disk partition problem after installing Ubuntu dual boot: This happened after installing the Ubuntu dual boot. Since both OSs Windows and Ubuntu worked fine I did not do anything to fix it, but today the S drive, which was the same drive that Ubuntu was installed on, was removed. Is there any other way to fix it except for...
  3. hard disk partition problem after installing Ubuntu dual boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hard disk partition problem after installing Ubuntu dual boot: This happened after installing the Ubuntu dual boot. Since both OSs Windows and Ubuntu worked fine I did not do anything to fix it, but today the S drive, which was the same drive that Ubuntu was installed on, was removed. Is there any other way to fix it except for...
  4. Dual Recovery partitions

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual Recovery partitions: I just finished reading 2 old topics about having 2 recovery partitions: 2 Recovery partitions and why 2 recovery partitions I noticed I'm in this situation as well. In EaseUS Partition Master/Disk Management, the one in front is mostly free space (430 MB free, 12 MB...
  5. merging partitions after dual boot ubuntu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    merging partitions after dual boot ubuntu: after dual booting win and linıx icant merge two partittions and after this disclaimer it gives this error [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/merging-partitions-after-dual-boot-ubuntu/fd74f858-cb1f-418e-8ad3-b865fa8a4f22
  6. Dual Partition 'Lost' - win10 and Ubuntu 16.04

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dual Partition 'Lost' - win10 and Ubuntu 16.04: I had a dual boot on my DELL Latitude E550 (or something similar), running Ubuntu 16.04 as default and win10 as secondary. Upon bootup I could choose which partition to load. I prefer Linux. But there are a couple applications that are built for windows and work better on...
  7. How do I format partition C?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I format partition C?: Hello, Dear Sir / Madam, please nice to tell me how I'm creating partition C where Windows is installed. Wait for response! A good day! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/how-do-i-format-partition-c/02d73368-b9b6-4d2a-84ef-0da14c560b9b
  8. How do I delete recovery partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I delete recovery partition: How do I delete recovery partition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/how-do-i-delete-recovery-partition/2d5149e9-f57b-4d4d-8dab-ce804f20a3d4
  9. Partition issue with Win10/Ubuntu dual-boot installation.

Partition issue with Win10/Ubuntu dual-boot installation.: I was running Win7 and Ubuntu. Win7 suddenly refused to boot, so I deleted the partition with plans to uninstall. Win7 didn't like the drive anymore (couldn't create or find system partition). I tried various attempts with diskpart to repair the bootsector and MBR, to no...
  10. Numerous recovery partitions after a few formats and installations

Numerous recovery partitions after a few formats and installations: Hi, Since I got my laptop I messed around with it quite a bit. As a result, I have way too many recovery partitions. How do I know which ones are relevant? And which ones can be deleted safely? *If that's the only option, I'm OK with just wiping absolutely everything...