Windows 10: Strange, recurring mark on screen

Discus and support Strange, recurring mark on screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My screen has recently begun to feature a strange mark once again. This mark appears to be physical damage on the screen until I move my cursor to it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Testy Squirrel, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Strange, recurring mark on screen

My screen has recently begun to feature a strange mark once again. This mark appears to be physical damage on the screen until I move my cursor to it, at which point I can mostly cover it with the cursor. Other than that it always stays in the same place and covers apparently all other content on my screen besides the cursor. This is the second time I've encountered it since April 1.

It looks like this: Strange, recurring mark on screen 78d8bf09-8a28-4259-8b41-369fecfc5e69?upload=true.png

And here it is on Wikipedia, for example: Strange, recurring mark on screen d44e9bb1-a984-4114-acd0-21cf5d608c09?upload=true.png

What is this?? Is there a reason it's showing up? What makes it, and how can I reliably remove it? Big apologies if this forum simply is not the correct place.

:)

Testy Squirrel, Aug 5, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Microsoft To-Do - Duplicate Recurring Tasks

All my recurring tasks in the To-Do app are being duplicated. So when I mark a recurring task complete, an exact copy of that occurrence appears on the list with the same due date and sub tasks, but the task and all sub tasks are marked incomplete. This
    means that I have to check every sub task and main task complete twice for every recurring task I have. Before marking the next occurrence complete, only one instance of that recurring task appears on the list.

I tried deleting all my recurring tasks (including all previously completed occurrences) and creating the recurring tasks again from scratch, but I am still encountering the same problem.

How do I get rid of the duplicate occurrences permanently and prevent them from being created again?

Devin Walz, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Strange, recurring mark on screen

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Strange, recurring mark on screen

1. Strange, recurring mark on screen - Similar Threads - Strange recurring mark

2. Recurring Blue Screen Shutdowns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recurring Blue Screen Shutdowns: Hi everyone,These past few days I've been having BSOD errors, almost on a daily basis, and I can't pinpoint the problem. Initially I thought it was performance-related, since it tended to happen while gaming, but it has also occurred while performing tasks that are not as...
  3. Recurring Blue Screen Shutdowns

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recurring Blue Screen Shutdowns: Hi everyone,These past few days I've been having BSOD errors, almost on a daily basis, and I can't pinpoint the problem. Initially I thought it was performance-related, since it tended to happen while gaming, but it has also occurred while performing tasks that are not as...
  4. Recurring Blue Screens of Death

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recurring Blue Screens of Death: Hello, I have recurring issues with BSODs that affect my laptop. They are not resolved by sfc /scannow or DISM, nor by chkdsk. I've run MEM86 as well as windows memory tool but both reported no problem. I ran NVIDIA stress tests as well as Intel stress tests for CPU and all...
  5. Recurring Blue Screens of Death

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recurring Blue Screens of Death: Hello, I have recurring issues with BSODs that affect my laptop. They are not resolved by sfc /scannow or DISM, nor by chkdsk. I've run MEM86 as well as windows memory tool but both reported no problem. I ran NVIDIA stress tests as well as Intel stress tests for CPU and all...
  6. recurring blue screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    recurring blue screen: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 6.12.0002.633 AMD64 Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\Minidump\081421-13328-01.dmp] Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is: *** Invalid...
  7. Blue Screen Errors Recurring

Blue Screen Errors Recurring: Hello there,I previously had some blue screen errors and posted questions here. With help, those BSOD errors all same error codes seem to have stopped.However, lately I have had different BSOD and I am not sure if they are related. I have zipped the files at...
  8. RECURRING BLUE SCREEN MESSAGE

RECURRING BLUE SCREEN MESSAGE: I HAVE A RECURRING BLUE SCREEN SAYING Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. Stop code: KMODE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recurring-blue-screen-message/d5d2c4fd-dca9-4f03-9458-de284bb8d7d5
  9. Recurring Blue Screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recurring Blue Screen: A few months ago I upgraded my motherboard and CPU, also re-installing windows. Since then, I've been getting random BSOD issues while using my PC. I have pasted an event/application error log below. It seems that VSS has been a recurring issue, so I've considered disabling...
  10. Recurring Crash to Black Screen

Recurring Crash to Black Screen: Symptoms: I have crash that occurs pretty frequently on my machine. When it occurs the screen goes almost completely black, filling with very dark "snow" (noise) that upon closer inspection is actually tessellated. If any audio was playing at the time of the crash, then...