Windows 10: Strange Red Highlighted Text in hover over description and menus in LR

Discus and support Strange Red Highlighted Text in hover over description and menus in LR in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As displayed in the image, it started this morning in Lightroom but happens anywhere in Windows when I hover over things and a description is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KD750, Aug 4, 2019.

1. KD750 Win User

Strange Red Highlighted Text in hover over description and menus in LR

As displayed in the image, it started this morning in Lightroom but happens anywhere in Windows when I hover over things and a description is displayed. The text in the description is highlighted in Red as it is here. Any ideas on how to fix this please?
    Strange Red Highlighted Text in hover over description and menus in LR [​IMG]

Edit: Just went into PS and I get this purple over my rulers top and sides and this dark red on the file name bottom left.

:)

KD750, Aug 4, 2019
  2. 83n38 Win User

Strange pink highlight on hover/tooltip text

It looks like the RGB value that my computer has set should be similar to R: 253, G: 0, B: 249.
    In the "Colors" directory of regedit there's no value that looks as if it has been set to the hot pink colour. Interestingly the hot pink highlight also shows up for some text in regedit:

Note: the pink highlight doesn't occur when I actually highlight things. It doesn't disapear when I highlight things either. It just shows up by default on certain bits of text, most commonly settings tabs (File, Edit, Tools, View, etc.) in most programs and hover/tooltip text on things - e.g. Hovering over a text document on my desktop will tell me the Type, Size, and Date modified but all this information has this strange pink highlight.

Because of this I'm not sure which value to change as Hilight seems to be set to the default blue, could you suggest a directory where I might find the correct value to change?

Thanks Strange Red Highlighted Text in hover over description and menus in LR :)

83n38, Aug 4, 2019
  3. 83n38 Win User

For some reason tooltip/hover text and some other text (often for settings) is highlighted pink. This is shown in the screenshot. I believe in previous versions of windows you could change this in "advanced apperance options" however that was removed in windows 8 and 10 (I think). I would like to change the pink highlight to the default white (no highlight).

Thanks Strange Red Highlighted Text in hover over description and menus in LR :)

83n38, Aug 4, 2019
  4. Strange Red Highlighted Text in hover over description and menus in LR

Are you, by chance, using "OldNewExplorer"? I had this happen to me (but blue highlights) when using "OldNewExplorer" and after changing the settings within the config file, it corrected and the highlights were gone. If you're not using "OldNewExplorer", well then I'm afraid I got nothing to help... *Sad
    Just in case you are...the setting I changed were:

dnasystems, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

Strange Red Highlighted Text in hover over description and menus in LR

1. Strange Red Highlighted Text in hover over description and menus in LR - Similar Threads - Strange Red Highlighted

2. Strange colour highlights when hovering in various programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange colour highlights when hovering in various programs: My desktop has started producing intermittent coloured highlights on screen, often, but not always, where the cursor has hovered. As well as that, text sometimes disappears, only reappearing after I've moved the cursour. It happens on Firefox, Chrome, Slack more than other...
  3. Strange colour highlights when hovering in various programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange colour highlights when hovering in various programs: My desktop has started producing intermittent coloured highlights on screen, often, but not always, where the cursor has hovered. As well as that, text sometimes disappears, only reappearing after I've moved the cursour. It happens on Firefox, Chrome, Slack more than other...
  4. Strange colour highlights when hovering in various programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Highlighting text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Highlighting text: I want to highlight some text in an existing email so that I can copy it and reuse it. But the cursor has changed to a hand symbol - not the usual arrow - and it won't let me highlight. How can I restore it to the normal configuration?...
  6. Strange hover over dialog box text problem

Strange hover over dialog box text problem: When I was troubleshooting my audio I encountered this problem with the hover box information; the information was displayed twice. Any idea if this could be solved/fixed I'm assuming this indicates a more serious problem; [ATTACH]...
  7. Windows text is invisible (unless I hover over it)

Windows text is invisible (unless I hover over it): So recently I changed the settings to high contrast colors (From the windows lock screen) but quickly switched back to the normal settings. But after switching back to the normal colors, half the colors are in high contrast and the other half are not. This probably does...
  8. Options are not highlighted while hovering through menus or options

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Options are not highlighted while hovering through menus or options: Hi, Few days back I have started facing issue with the mouse. Some options doesn't get highlighted dynamically when hovered through them. For example if you right click on desktop and hovers through any of the options it gets highlighted. But if hovered through one of the...
  9. Strange pink highlight on hover/tooltip text

Strange pink highlight on hover/tooltip text: For some reason tooltip/hover text and some other text (often for settings) is highlighted pink. This is shown in the screenshot. I believe in previous versions of windows you could change this in "advanced apperance options" however that was removed in windows 8 and 10 (I...
  10. Strange red text line in Windows Update screen

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Strange red text line in Windows Update screen: Hi there guys, noticed a strange red line in my Windows Update screen. Posting screenshot here (it's in italian, but I'll offer a rough translation of the red line underneath) [img] The red line says something like "Some settings are handled by the...