Windows 10: Strange report on open space on HD

Discus and support Strange report on open space on HD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My wife has a Windows 10 computer with a 512 gb HD that seems to indicate the HD is nearly full. If I click on the C drive and properties, is reports... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by starflyr, May 29, 2019.

1. starflyr Win User

Strange report on open space on HD

My wife has a Windows 10 computer with a 512 gb HD that seems to indicate the HD is nearly full.

If I click on the C drive and properties, is reports there is only 8gb free.

If instead, I check the properties on every folder in the C drive, the total used gb adds up to only 22.1gb.

A massive difference. Wondering if anyone else has a similar situation?

:)

starflyr, May 29, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Cannot Format HD

Need to initialize it as GPT disk type with HD > 2TB:
    From Admin command prompt:
    1. diskpart
    2. list disk =====> Take a note of disk # for the 4TB HD
    3. select disk # ====> From step 2
    4. clean
    5. exit
    Open Disk Management and initialize the disk as GPT, create simple then format.

topgundcp, May 29, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Hard drive migration problem: Windows gave a strange name to my HD

1. Is there important data on this Hitachi disk ?
    2. Is it recognized in the BIOS ?
    3. If the answer to #1 is NO and #2 is YES go to step #4
    4. Open Admin Command and type:
      diskpart
      list disk ======> Make a note on disk # of the Hitachi disk
      select disk # =====> # found from above command
      clean
      exit.

If the answer is NO from step #2 above. Take the Hitachi disk out of the enclosure, open the case and connect directly to one of the sata port and reboot.

topgundcp, May 29, 2019
  4. CyrrusV Win User

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, May 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Strange report on open space on HD - Similar Threads - Strange report open

2. Very Strange Battery Report

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very Strange Battery Report: I've noticed something very strange about my battery life report... Since buying the laptop in 2016 the full charge capacity has dropped from 92,157mWh to 66,883mWh. I understand this is normal and I've been checking it every month or so to track its decrease (average...
  3. Strange report on open space on HD

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange report on open space on HD: My wife has a Windows 10 computer with a 512 gb HD that seems to indicate the HD is nearly full. If I click on the C drive and properties, is reports there is only 8gb free. If instead, I check the properties on every folder in the C drive, the total used gb adds up to only...
  4. Strange Spacing Between Taskbar Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange Spacing Between Taskbar Icons: I have recently been experiencing a bit of a problem on the taskbar on my computer. For some reason, when I open a program that isn't in the taskbar, there is a strange spacing between it and the taskbar icons, as if there's an invisible icon in between. Does anyone know how...
  5. Strange Threat Report

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange Threat Report: I paid for an add-on to MS Money called MSMoneyQuotes.exe. The file checked out fine on Defender and virustotal. I tried copying the file to a Windows zip folder (Money.zip). Defender said it wanted to send it for a cloud scan then came back with the virus warning below....
  6. Strange Memory Reporting Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange Memory Reporting Problem: I have a very strange disk space reporting issue. I don't know when it first appeared (I'm on 17134.81 now), because I never looked at Settings/System/Storage - I have always used other tools. I just checked it out, having read about it in another comment. Anyway, my C:...
  7. How to consume Unallocated space on HD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to consume Unallocated space on HD: Here is a picture of my Disc 0: [img] How can I use Unallocated space and all not needed partitions including J? This is where I have my C drive and I like to make it as big as possible. Thanks 105820
  8. Intel HD Graphics 520 (Strange)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Intel HD Graphics 520 (Strange): I am currently using Fujitsu Lifebook E736 with an Intel HD Graphics 520. Everytime after i've travel for a few days and when i try to dock the laptop on a port replicator. There is no output, like it did not detect it at all. Then i try connecting it directly using the VGA...
  9. Loosing HD Space...HELP !

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Loosing HD Space...HELP !: I have a Dell Tablet running Windows 10. 32Gig HD. Down to 5 Gigs free space. I keep loosing free space. A month ago I had 6.5 Gigs of free space. Today, I am down to 5 Gigs. I have no idea whats going on. I have turned off Windows Auto Updates, turned off the Windows...
  10. sudden loss of HD space

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sudden loss of HD space: I had almost 300 g of 500 g free and suddenly it went to under 100 g. I did a system restore from before the memory loss and it is still there. can I find these 'files' and delete them or what is the problem? 28473