Windows 10: Strange retail logo appears on desktop

Discus and support Strange retail logo appears on desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; A strange logo appeared on my desktop. It does not open and has no right-click option to delete. It's frozen. I have never heard of this cosmetic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JacquelynRostow, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Strange retail logo appears on desktop

A strange logo appeared on my desktop. It does not open and has no right-click option to delete. It's frozen. I have never heard of this cosmetic company and do not know how it would magically appear.

What to do?

:)

JacquelynRostow, Mar 5, 2021

2. Strange Logo on Desktop

Thanks, Adobe Flash now uninstalled properly, but after reboot the logo came back!!! I googled more info and suggestion was to delete folders and files from this location... c:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed This seems to have cured the problem.

Thanks for suggestions and help.

adrianpeers66, Mar 5, 2021
  3. Strange Logo on Desktop

Hi, anybody experienced a strange logo appearing on desktop, in my case it seems to be a logo of a letter "f" with an "i" in a blue circle, screen grab attached. It floats in front of other windows, cannot be moved, has no functions on either right or left mouse click and I cannot get rid of it. I have checked Task Manager and nothing unexpected is running, and the logo re-appears after shut down and reboots. I'm running Windows 10. Any ideas how to get rid of this...?
    Strange retail logo appears on desktop [​IMG]

adrianpeers66, Mar 5, 2021
  4. thomaseg1 Win User

Strange retail logo appears on desktop

Strange Logo on Desktop

Strange retail logo appears on desktop [​IMG]
    KB4577586 Update for removal of Adobe Flash Player - Oct. 27

thomaseg1, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

Strange retail logo appears on desktop

1. Strange retail logo appears on desktop - Similar Threads - Strange retail logo

2. strange file appears on my desktop !

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    strange file appears on my desktop !: hello all .. there is an undeletable file appears on my desktop have a weird name and it doesn't even open , anyone can tell me what it is please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-file-appears-on-my-desktop/b4d59d99-7ad6-41df-9f14-00b61837dc58
  3. strange file appears on my desktop !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    strange file appears on my desktop !: hello all .. there is an undeletable file appears on my desktop have a weird name and it doesn't even open , anyone can tell me what it is please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-file-appears-on-my-desktop/b4d59d99-7ad6-41df-9f14-00b61837dc58
  4. strange file appears on my desktop !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Strange Logo on Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange Logo on Desktop: Hi, anybody experienced a strange logo appearing on desktop, in my case it seems to be a logo of a letter "f" with an "i" in a blue circle, screen grab attached. It floats in front of other windows, cannot be moved, has no functions on either right or left mouse click and I...
  6. Strange Icon Appearing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange Icon Appearing: Hello, Recently I am seeing the icon appearing on my desktop when logging on after a restart/shutdown or period of inactivity, and I have never seen this before, does the community here know what it means, and more importantly how I can make it stop appearing. The icon...
  7. Strange empty folder randomly appears on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange empty folder randomly appears on desktop: Hi folks - I sometimes look at my main production system and notice that every so often this folder appears on my desktop: [img] The solution is to delete the empty folder, but I sense that since the title is in hex, it might be from the registry. Seems encrypted. Has...
  8. [Bug] Strange Menu Appeared on Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    [Bug] Strange Menu Appeared on Desktop: Hi, I need a bit of help from you guys. My cat just walked over my keyboard while I was on the desktop (no applications open) and this happened: https://i.imgur.com/FTkUZVS.jpg (Things in RED are added by me.) I have this strange "grid" on my desktop. It won't go away....
  9. No Logo Appears on Desktop Shortcut Icon

in Windows 10 Support
    No Logo Appears on Desktop Shortcut Icon: RCA Cambio tablet, W10, Explorer Dsktp shtcut icons for website pages. I go to website page, copy url. Then clk blank area on desktop/new/shortcut/paste the url/type name for shortcut/finish. When it shows on desktop, it is just the white square with 'the big e' in it with...
  10. Strange, inert icon appearing on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange, inert icon appearing on desktop: Starting yesterday I found a small icon on my desktop. It floated above all windows, was unmovable, and didn't respond to mouse clicks. When I rebooted, it was gone, but today I have the same problem -- with a different icon! Here's what today's looks like: [img] How...