Windows 10: Strange screen flicker/glitch/freeze

Discus and support Strange screen flicker/glitch/freeze in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Around a week ago I started to get this odd glitchy freeze on my main monitor. A small row of pixels glitches for a few seconds and then goes away.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by hambond_494, Nov 29, 2022.

1. Strange screen flicker/glitch/freeze

Around a week ago I started to get this odd glitchy freeze on my main monitor. A small row of pixels glitches for a few seconds and then goes away. This process is repeated every few seconds. Everything below the glitchy pixels is frozen, whereas everything above the pixels is not frozen. This issue does not occur in safe mode and only effects one monitor. Another odd thing is that this only happens on some days. Other days, the monitor is completely fine. My graphics drivers are completely up to date. I have attached a video of it: https://1drv.ms/v/s!ApJNamCDQAktgQrSGBtap-oyIvm6?e=fUlwBU

:)

hambond_494, Nov 29, 2022

2. Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Nov 29, 2022
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

Hi Adhio,

Screen flickering can be caused by hardware or application issue.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Is the issue only happening in Safe Mode?
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps on this article:

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10
    to resolve screen flickering issues on Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Arjay Dom, Nov 29, 2022
  4. Strange screen flicker/glitch/freeze

Screen flickering in safe mode help!

Hi Yasmeentq,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your query. I suggest you to follow the steps to get out of safe mode.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type msconfig

• In msconfig > Boot tab >
      Boot Options > uncheck Safe Boot > APPLY / OK.

Screen flickering in Windows 10 is usually caused by incompatible apps or display drivers. I suggest you to refer to the article below and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows - Microsoft Support

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Nov 29, 2022
Thema:

Strange screen flicker/glitch/freeze

1. Strange screen flicker/glitch/freeze - Similar Threads - Strange screen flicker

2. Screen Glitching or Flickering ??? Still no fixes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Glitching or Flickering ??? Still no fixes: Lately my laptop's display keeps glitching like in the image every 2 seconds, i tried uninstalling and reinstalling the device adapter, and many solutions that lead sadly to nothing... After all that, i connected my laptop to another monitor but it didn't show the glitching...
  3. Screen Glitching or Flickering ??? Still no fixes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Glitching or Flickering ??? Still no fixes: Lately my laptop's display keeps glitching like in the image every 2 seconds, i tried uninstalling and reinstalling the device adapter, and many solutions that lead sadly to nothing... After all that, i connected my laptop to another monitor but it didn't show the glitching...
  4. The screen flickers strangely.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The screen flickers strangely.: My office PCs are running into a strange display flickering issue. Sometimes screens flicker like when a VGA cable is loose, sometimes it flickers and the whole screen goes black except for a few windows. Sometimes they flicker for a few seconds and go back to normal.and...
  5. The screen flickers strangely.

The screen flickers strangely.: My office PCs are running into a strange display flickering issue. Sometimes screens flicker like when a VGA cable is loose, sometimes it flickers and the whole screen goes black except for a few windows. Sometimes they flicker for a few seconds and go back to normal.and...
  6. Strange screen flicker/glitch/freeze

Strange screen flicker/glitch/freeze: Around a week ago I started to get this odd glitchy freeze on my main monitor. A small row of pixels glitches for a few seconds and then goes away. This process is repeated every few seconds. Everything below the glitchy pixels is frozen, whereas everything above the pixels...
  7. Strange screen flicker/glitch/freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange screen flicker/glitch/freeze: Around a week ago I started to get this odd glitchy freeze on my main monitor. A small row of pixels glitches for a few seconds and then goes away. This process is repeated every few seconds. Everything below the glitchy pixels is frozen, whereas everything above the pixels...
  8. Chrome glitching and flickering screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chrome glitching and flickering screen: Hi guys! Lately, I've been experiencing these glitchy flickery spasms while using google chrome on my HP Windows 10. I've tried the solutions where they change the display setting but it still doesn't work and it seems to only work for one account google chrome account. I've...
  9. Strange screen flickering, no physical damage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange screen flickering, no physical damage: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/audiopure110 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jdpjmr/strange_screen_flickering_no_physical_damage/
  10. laptop screen glitching, flickering and lagging

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop screen glitching, flickering and lagging: [IMG]Hello, I have some issues with Intel HD Graphics 5500, it keeps flickering and glitching and keeps lagging. I have tried to fix by referring to some tutorial videos from youtube, it still doesn't help with problem. I have captured my screen in glitching state....